4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
P003_img_base_4_1.png

Overview:
Takayuki Yamano is a boy who simply wishes to break away from his family's tradition, running Yamano Inn, which is a hot spring resort where the most beautiful girls come from miles around for vacation time. One could easily question his sanity, as did his employers. Being rejected for the millionth time, he sadly returns to Yamano Inn to work as manager/butler. You've got three days to choose to follow and woo the girl of your choice.​

Thread Updated: 2019-02-28
Release Date: 2001-10-09
Title: Tokimeki Check-in!
Original Title: ときめきCheck in!
Developer:
Publisher: & (Japanese) / (English)
Censored: Nope
Version: Final
Language: English
VNDB:
Lenght: Medium (10 - 30 hours)
Voices: Japanese
Shop:
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -
huge thanks to @superelmo for the game​

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I absolutely love this game! I actually own two hard copies of the game and have it somewhere around here. The opening logo for the Crowd games were always adorable! Seeing this on F95 brings back memories. If you happen to be a player that has never played this, then do yourself a favor and give this game a try! It's one of those early, localized projects for the Western market that was, honestly, handled with care and was really well done! It even came with translator notes about some cultural differences, because that type of stuff was actually not quite yet common knowledge compared to nowadays.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
omg, i played that game a decade ago xD. this game is quite fun to play even with it's simple story and gameplay.
and if you are in for some crazy shit, i can really recommend the storyline with the cook makoto. damn hilarious knife throwing she does whenever she sees the protag :D.

Semiguacamole

Aug 3, 2017
Those games~ those old good times~ damm the 90's~

Gonna try it!
I almost thought - how quaint somebody is making a retro themed game. Then I double blinked and checked the release date.
The art style is pure joy of joys and carries those fond memories of times gone by, can't get that nowadays, let me tell ya.

Reactions: IndigoHawk

W65

May 31, 2018
You can pretty well date these older hentai VNs by the art.

I might be on shaky ground saying this, but I think it'd be a real challenge to produce authentic-looking retro anime art. The combination of new tools and stylistic advancement would make it pretty challenging. It'd be like trying to authentically recreate the old 90s Western cartoon look--I know one or two people have done it, but... well, if you really stare at it you can pick it apart.

I dunno. I sound like one of those I-can-hear-the-difference-with-vacuum-tubes guys.

Sep 29, 2017
Oh wow, this is a blast to the past. Actually, this was my very first eroge. Fond memories.

You'll probably want to use a guide when playing this since the routes are far from straight-forward.

DrPoods

Jun 25, 2018
I could have sworn that the girl at the far left of the back row in the group shot is Takuya from the X-Change series...

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Oh wow, this is a blast to the past. Actually, this was my very first eroge. Fond memories. You'll probably want to use a guide when playing this since the routes are far from straight-forward.
Without even having to look I still remember how to get many of the routes including some of those tricky Ayumi ones. (You need to throw her to the wolves on some paths...) Some of those "good" and "best" endings of characters feel reversed at times, but it's all good fun! As you say, lots of fond memories here.

Again, I want to reiterate to those who haven't yet tried this wonderful game. You just got to try it! There's a reason why it's considered a classic and why many players have fond memories of the game. It has a well-built story which is accompanied by good art and voice acting; albeit, some choices only become clear after the fact, but the game includes a wide variety of endings that goes from fairly dark ones to extremely romantic ones so playing the game over again doesn't feel like a chore anyway. You'll laugh; you'll cry; you'll be shocked; but it's all good. Great stuff here! Personally, I think it held up pretty well considering the game was developed in the 90s. Yeah, it originally came out in the last century, lol.

Put simply, if you have never experienced the joy of playing this game before, then go play it now! Oh, and we love you.

Reactions: Carion_Crow

Back

Aug 3, 2017
I could have sworn that the girl at the far left of the back row in the group shot is Takuya from the X-Change series...
Same artist from the same company. ;) I recall thinking the exact the same thing back in the day, but Makoto (still remember her name, lol) is way better... for a number of reasons. She's the MC's coworker and the cook for Yamano Inn. I suppose that tells you how good the game was if I can still recall the proper names to things from this game, haha.

Reactions: DrPoods

pacefrei

Oct 27, 2017
Same artist from the same company. ;) I recall thinking the exact the same thing back in the day, but Makoto (still remember her name, lol) is way better... for a number of reasons. She's the MC's coworker and the cook for Yamano Inn. I suppose that tells you how good the game was if I can still recall the proper names to things from this game, haha.
Tsun Tsun

Quiller

Jul 2, 2018
Dang, each of those screenshots is a memory. This is definitely one of those ones that I kept playing until I got 100% completion, and then still went back to re-experience scenes.

Reactions: IndigoHawk and Back

monkgi

Sep 25, 2017
Wow. Seeing this game here reminds me that I've been a perv for a really long time. I remember loving this game when I played it years ago.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote