Aug 31, 2019
I know they're skippable, but I can never understand why devs go through the time and work to put in puzzles like what's in this game. They don't bring anything to the plot and usually just get in the way of whatever off-hand enjoyment may be going on. Take the time and energy saved and use it on adding variety to the combat animations. Alternatively you can turn this from a puzzle game into a builder game because of all of the npc's that will be knocked up. They gotta live somewhere after all. There's all sorts of backstory that can go into the process off getting your waifu and your future kid(s) set up. You can even add a sex magic mechanic to the process and have mc become the first construction contractor in history to properly "fuck up" a building project. Also it would be nice to just have a toggle in the settings to just skip over them without having to click "skip".

It shouldn't be necessary to have to constantly click through the fetish options to get to underlying scenes. If the user has opted for content in the past, just set a logical and get right into the fun and games. Even better, just have a fetish setting section in the prefs so we can just pick our peck of peckers and be done with it once.
Well he did put puzzle, but massive respect for "skip" option for those who hate them, if you hated puzzle then you would went insane trying to finish Nenio companion quest in Pathfinder:WOTR

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
If I ever run into unavoidable puzzle games and still like the content enough to continue, I just hack the script.

Well he did put puzzle, but massive respect for "skip" option for those who hate them, if you hated puzzle then you would went insane trying to finish Nenio companion quest in Pathfinder:WOTR

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I downloaded the compressed version, and it said "clean version" in the bottom right corner....but it popped up a message saying I'm playing the clean version (in case I didn't read it on the screen, I guess lol), then telling me "this game will now end."
So...basically...the clean version does nothing at all.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Yeah you need to pull the incest patch from the OP in order to get anywhere with either bloated or compressed version.

I downloaded the compressed version, and it said "clean version" in the bottom right corner....but it popped up a message saying I'm playing the clean version (in case I didn't read it on the screen, I guess lol), then telling me "this game will now end."
So...basically...the clean version does nothing at all.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Yeah you need to pull the incest patch from the OP in order to get anywhere with either bloated or compressed version.
What do you mean by "pull the incest patch?" And what is OP? I am a layman. lol

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
For some reason, in the end we don't get to know why the stone didn't work on the MC.

The MC touched the stone and tried to manifest some powers but nothing happened then Rakess called Olera and she checked the stone but it seemed to be working fine, then she checked the MC and the focus shifted completely to the MC's unknown innate powers and we're never told any explanation for how or why those powers made the stone not work or even if it was those powers.

I assume every challenger gets a power from the stone and not only the ones that don't have much, otherwise deciding where is the cut-off would be a bitch. Maybe, because of her powers, the stone consider the MC one of Olera's kind and it doesn't work on them for whatever reason.

I just think the stone thing wasn't resolved nearly clearly enough.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
On page 1 the Original Post (OP) is the message that starts the thread with the game information, download links, etc. There you will find a link called Incest Patch which points to a rar file containing a Renpy source called tod_patch.rpy which you need to extract and drop in the game folder.

What do you mean by "pull the incest patch?" And what is OP? I am a layman. lol

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
On page 1 the Original Post (OP) is the message that starts the thread with the game information, download links, etc. There you will find a link called Incest Patch which points to a rar file containing a Renpy source called tod_patch.rpy which you need to extract and drop in the game folder.
So, in essence, the incest patch is more than just an incest patch. It's a bugfix. Gotcha. Thanks.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Not so much a bugfix as a standard method for devs to get around the terms of service of Patreon and other sites. Normally these places would happily take their cut no matter what was in the content. However Paypal and other payment processing outfits have heartburn doing business with content of either questionable legality or content types that have a higher instance of chargeback activity when the downloader is discovered by their significant others or parental units. So they demand that Patreon, etc not allow such things, and that in turn is passed on to the creators who then either get banned or are forced to censor themselves (at least officially). The content is all there, but it escapes automated nanny bots looking for mischief.

In fact, if you look at tod_patch.rpy, it consists of a single comment line. The mere presence of the file in the game folder causes the script to enable the game by continuing on after the game over check.

So, in essence, the incest patch is more than just an incest patch. It's a bugfix. Gotcha. Thanks.

Ive-11

Sep 10, 2019
there's literally 2 girls 2 pic shown, no lesbian tag? i means even if its her body its not include a lesbian? :WaitWhat: :WaitWhat: :WaitWhat:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Ah but somebody ends up equipped with some rather large junk before the shenanigans ensue.

there's literally 2 girls 2 pic shown, no lesbian tag? i means even if its her body its not include a lesbian? :WaitWhat: :WaitWhat: :WaitWhat:

FutAphrodite

Developing Tower of Dreams
Game Developer
Jun 13, 2022
For some reason, in the end we don't get to know why the stone didn't work on the MC.

The MC touched the stone and tried to manifest some powers but nothing happened then Rakess called Olera and she checked the stone but it seemed to be working fine, then she checked the MC and the focus shifted completely to the MC's unknown innate powers and we're never told any explanation for how or why those powers made the stone not work or even if it was those powers.

I assume every challenger gets a power from the stone and not only the ones that don't have much, otherwise deciding where is the cut-off would be a bitch. Maybe, because of her powers, the stone consider the MC one of Olera's kind and it doesn't work on them for whatever reason.

You're right. I wanted to explain a lot more in the prologue, but I thought that if I wrote too much all compressed together people would dislike it and just click through it. I have more exposition planned for chapter 3. I want chapter 2 to show how the game will flow and after that I will explain some things in more detail. Also, don't forget, Olera said she has to do some investigating.;)

FutAphrodite

Developing Tower of Dreams
Game Developer
Jun 13, 2022
I've made the first polls for July on my Patreon. Anyone who is a patron of mine can vote for 3 exclusive images each month. These polls are for the first one. They will last a little less than normal, because I want to finish all of them by the end of the month. Don't forget to vote and keep an eye out for the next polls in a few days.:)

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
You're right. I wanted to explain a lot more in the prologue, but I thought that if I wrote too much all compressed together people would dislike it and just click through it. I have more exposition planned for chapter 3. I want chapter 2 to show how the game will flow and after that I will explain some things in more detail. Also, don't forget, Olera said she has to do some investigating.;)
Oh, I know we'll see Olera again before we get to the top of the tower, it's just the stone thing, I expected the stone thing to be explained in that scene.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
It's not a bug. The story is intended to have incest, but Patreon would shut down the page if it did. The dev had no choice other than remove the incest, but since it's inherently part of the concept, the game basically doesn't really exist without adding the patch.
It's very backwards, but sadly with Patreon becoming more and more anal with content, it's to be expected. Also adding the patch isn't that hard at all, it's literally placing a file in a folder, that's all.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer

niko82

Mar 29, 2020

the stone didnt work because she already had power, but no tool to use it (semen powerred), now the real question WHAT is her father since her mother is a normal human...

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
since her mother is a normal human...
You're getting ahead of yourself there. We do know that her mother hides a lot of things and knows more than she lets on about why they have to live away in the forest.
Wouldn't be that surprising to later learn that she's actually the witch the townsfolks talk about and not the sexy not-demoness in her tower.

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes