RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
If Koda is saying his mental health is fucked up rn and it's causing delays I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt, I want work produced by someone passionate about what they're doing.

It would be very easy to throw some shitty scenes at us and call it F7 to stop all the complaints but the fact he's not resorted to giving us trash is respectable.

The Swan and Crow leak is amazing, if that was the quality of work he's been doing in the background then take the time needed.

The work is satisfactory and that's what really matters, it's also unique too there's so much stuff in those leaks we haven't seen before and the stuff we have seen are like the typical foot stuff seems better in the leaks than anywhere else in the game so far at least in my opinion but I am a major Swan simp so yeah I'm bias.
I have mental health issues and i work in a bone breaking job if he has issies then take a break and put patreon on hold

LeonOne994

Feb 15, 2018
Bruh it's completely his fault if F7 is continuously delayed and nothing came out for like three months. My man should take some responsibilities and work hard instead of complaining on Discord.
The same thing happened like 2 years ago
7f was in limbo and suddenly it was all the fault of the people who expected work to actually get done and it was making him feel too much pressure

scoobzz

Dec 6, 2018
There's a reason this thread is 1445 pages long, with actual updates to the game coming out ever YEAR OR SO at this point. There's also good reasons why 90% of the posts nowadays are shitposting and making fun of Koda's development hell.
Usually, when most games cease development and no longer release timely updates, people stop talking about it. But for whatever reason, TOT's thread is 1445 pages long and some fans seemingly have no ability to move on and fill that void with something more meaningful.

I check this thread every once in a while if there's been any progress and I'm always fascinated by these specimens.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
There's a reason this thread is 1445 pages long, with actual updates to the game coming out ever YEAR OR SO at this point. There's also good reasons why 90% of the posts nowadays are shitposting and making fun of Koda's development hell.

There's no "benefit of the doubt" anymore for anyone who followed this game's "development"cycle (read:delay cycle) for more than a year. Koda has pulled every card imaginable over the years as an excuse to not do any work. He's blatantly lied repeatedly and clearly doesn't even give a damn anymore. At this point he's completely fine with just posting stock corporate speech as an excuse for delays: "Implementing dialogue branches", "Merging code snippets", "Continuing on scene implementation", "Continuing work on implementation of speech and dialogue branches", " look how hard I'm working guys *Pickaxe_emoji* also maybe the pre-update to floor 7.0.0.0.0.0.1.0.4 will come out at the end of next month teehee" has been his modus operandi for "updates" for YEARS now.
And he's completely fine with his blatant grifting because he knows the 3000 mindless paypigs will keep paying anyways and there wont be any repercussions at this point. Because why give up $4,5k a month by doing actual work instead of repeatedly delaying with vague reasons no sane person would believe after the 20th time?

This is a matter of "Boy who cried Wolf", and I'd highly recommend you read up on the concept of that story/saying. People have very good reasons to not believe anything he says anymore. "Benefit of the doubt" is not a get out of jail free card you can use repeatedly, as much as Koda would like to think so.

At least you realized your error yourself.
You completely destroyed any rational for buying K*da's latest excuse and by extension his a membership to his P*treon.

Oh no, Koda is turning into YandereDev
I suspect K*da and YandereDev are secretly the same person.

Nov 12, 2021
Usually, when most games cease development and no longer release timely updates, people stop talking about it. But for whatever reason, TOT's thread is 1445 pages long and some fans seemingly have no ability to move on and fill that void with something more meaningful.

I check this thread every once in a while if there's been any progress and I'm always fascinated by these specimens.
That's because we keep getting "ITS COMING BROS THIS MONTH I PROMISE ITS COMING ITS ALL FULLY WORKING JUST WAIT TILL THE END OF THE MONTH TRUST ME ON THIS!" from Koda only for him to delay it by an additional 3 months every damn times.

Like think for a second here, this was apparently originally ready for release fully polished and fleshed out over 2 years ago. Now think about how many times we've gotten the "ITS READY MUDDAFUCKAS" only for it to be delayed cycle. This cycle has happened at least 10 times at this point. This is no longer "Ah shit need some extra time to polish some stuff" its currently "Welp I have no idea wtf I'm doing but I need to keep the patreon bucks coming." Or yanno, he keeps adding shit that doesnt need to be added but what ever, point still stands its hard for people to move on when we keep getting hope.

The same rule can apply for half life 3, people have been waiting almost 20 years for it and would of given up long ago if it wasn't for little hints, leaks, concept art, story boards, ARGS made as jokes by fans throughout the years.

Reactions: Edison Liu and XMHK

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
It doesn't take a detective to be able to tell that Koda's mental health has been deteriorating for a while now (I've been saying it for ages). That dude isn't in a good place, but of course that doesn't shield him from criticism, he can still be a douche while simultaneously having mental health issues.
It's easy to say that Koda has either all of the responsibility, or none of it. The truth is that of course he's responsible, but so is BO WEI who keeps him "employed" despite how disfunctional he is, in every sense of the word, and THE PATRONS who by continuously funding the absolute trainwreck that ToT has become, encourage Koda to keep walking the same seemingly self-destructive, effed up path. Needless to say that all of the people who are buddy-buddy with Koda and pretend that he's doing okay despite the numerous, obvious signs to the contrary, are also to blame.

EDIT: Also, if you think the reason Koda is saying he's got mental health issues is to use it as an excuse, then all you have to do is ask him how he's working on himself to get better, because it seems clear to me that he's doing jackshit, and saying you're in a bad state of mind without trying to get better is like saying you can't go to work because you broke your ankle... 7 months ago, it's just that you haven't been to the doctor yet to get it treated, or done any kind of resting at all. That would never fly in any sort of working environment.

Well said.
I know it's hard (because I'm hypocritically doing it myself right now), but you all should really STFU about ToT. Let the discussion about the game die and maybe we'll see changes in other places as well, no matter how small. Make an effort to get over it, we're lucky enough to have better stuff than ToT depending on what you're looking for nowadays.

Last edited:

lakano

Dec 8, 2020
How can i get scenes with ves she dosent show up no mattwr what variable i try also how do i get enslaved by swan in this update can i even play the capule scenes ?

Darkie-

Nov 3, 2020
Hey ladies and gents.

If anyone here is good with 3D modeling + texturing and is serious about developing a game together in Unreal feel free to message me. I can take care of all the programming and can even help with basic stuff like clothes, shoes, simple 3d models, level design etc. I would probably dabble in helping out with additional animations and scenes but you'd have to be able to do animations as well.

The most important thing here is being able to create very high quality models and having some experience with animation as well or willing to put in the work.

Cheers.

thatguy13

Oct 26, 2019
(serious)Has anyone ever seen bo wei or koda faces or does anyone here know them? Can we confirm the facts:
1. Bo Wei(alias) is a chinese developer who is in charge of the "ToT project" and employs Koda(alias), an american developer.
2. They are the ones actually drawing and developing (and delaying) ToT. I know people mentioned streams, are those legit
live coding sessions?

scoobzz

Dec 6, 2018
That's because we keep getting "ITS COMING BROS THIS MONTH I PROMISE ITS COMING ITS ALL FULLY WORKING JUST WAIT TILL THE END OF THE MONTH TRUST ME ON THIS!" from Koda only for him to delay it by an additional 3 months every damn times.
Shit, is this your first rodeo? You'd think you'd have learned by now. There's so many other good games, give them your attention lol.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes