RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Pallas2

Sep 12, 2017
I wonder do the people on discord bombard Koda and Bo as much as we do here or even more?
and based on what does he set a release date?
like if your work is half way done, you'd say you need 6 - 8 more days to finish, seems understandable.
but in koda and bo's case, it seems they set dates before they even start working, and end up delaying the date endlessly
their way of doing things is beyond the realm of understanding
That isn't the only problem either. The content they promised is already done, whats causing the delays is more stuff they are trying to cram in the same patch. What I cannot fathom is why they don't just release what they planned, and then add the stuff they want to do later. It boggles my mind.

Reactions: c-+

renzur

Aug 14, 2017
Please mods, clean this thread a bit, because the last pages are flooded with neverending whining. Thanks

No, but really, could you all stop saying the same things already? We got it: "They are lazy and do nothing", move on. Repeating the same thing over and over is not going to fix anything.
Quit following the game if it is causing so much misfortune, and if you are backing, stop doing it if you think they are "scamming you". But please, this thread is becoming a negativity hole.

You have hundreds of games to play on this website, did you know?

Seriously, this is just ridiculous at this point.

Every single delay, there comes the users who do nothing but whine. Even when it was the first delay, they still whine. Nothing but toxicity comes from them. They never realize that bugging Bo on the Discord would have more effects than here.

When the update comes, hopefully that'll get rid of those users and we can go back to actually discussing the game civilized.

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Hello friends!

lets try to keep this thread on topic. I know delays suck but that's no reason to go after each other. I am sure more content will be coming soon! If we continue to get reports unfortunately we will have to start using thread bans.

Thanks,

Thrown

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Hello friends!

lets try to keep this thread on topic. I know delays suck but that's no reason to go after each other. I am sure more content will be coming soon! If we continue to get reports unfortunately we will have to start using thread bans.

Thanks,

Thrown
Nice to see a mod that doesn't come in trying to antagonize everyone for a change, appreciate the soft-handed approach.
Just to clear this up, there's nothing wrong with talking about delays or issues in game's development cycle, even if it's seen as whining or toxic by some users, right? As long as no insults/snide comments are thrown around everything is A-Okay?

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Nice to see a mod that doesn't come in trying to antagonize everyone for a change, appreciate the soft-handed approach.
Just to clear this up, there's nothing wrong with talking about delays or issues in game's development cycle, even if it's seen as whining or toxic by some users, right? As long as no insults/snide comments are thrown around everything is A-Okay?
If there is a toxic user report them. But honestly it’s best to just ignore them. We have all been around the internet enough to know what bait is, so don’t take it.

No, it’s not against the rules to talk about delays. We are all adults here, if you can’t stop yourself from calling another user a fag because they don’t mind delays then don’t post here.

On a personal note, usually talking about delays leads nowhere good. Honestly it ends up being 5 pages of people just treading water over the same tired out point. Just how I feel personally though.

-Thrown-

nicknicola

Oct 26, 2017
Just to point out, I don't like delays too and I joked one or two times with it, but not a hundred times. That's my point. I am not attacking people here, but their toxic behaviours.

Just to show some of the last comments of a particular user:

"Traitor of what? of a pair of lazy devs that for the love of Cthulhu can't keep promises? I really wanna read all the white knighting posts that will spawn after this liar Koda did it again"
"Maybe these are the two laziest, most non-promising rpgmaker in the world?"
"stupid people who support him with endless trust."
And of his 10 last messages 9 are just that.

Seems like neverending complaining or attacking the devs is free speech but not pointing out these kind of attitudes.

And yeah, I clearly don't want this thread hijacked by toxicity and people clearly insulting the devs. Critizing is fine, I said it like a thousand times, but its just plain rudeness from some users who sound like a broken record. I would not want to visit this thread if I were Koda or Bo.

Well, it' s your community, and you know what you want to do with it.

Reactions: v0dka

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
So wanna bet what kind of excuse are we getting now? This "particular user" thinks is hardware related.

heckend

Aug 31, 2018
I wonder do the people on discord bombard Koda and Bo as much as we do here or even more?
like if your work is half way done, you'd say you need 6 - 8 more days to finish, seems understandable.
but in koda and bo's case, it seems they set dates before they even start working, and end up delaying the date endlessly
Where can I find this game, happy girl?

Blood Parade

Dusk of Mankind
Donor
Jun 17, 2018
While complaining about complainers seems pretty counterproductive, it would be appreciated for the complaints to be more constructive. You're not exactly in a situation of venting out to the clouds; if you look through the thread, both Bo and Koda have posted here on multiple occasions. While it's pretty clear it won't have as big of a priority as the Discord server for people who are patrons, they definitely read this to some extent and would listen to proper feedback.

Back to the subject, I don't think delays are the issue. Hell, even the feature creep is understandable. This is a clear passion project, with what I believe to be no laziness or money involved. If it was all about money, it's very likely that Bo would've had no quarrel simply sticking with drawing niche commissions for low-attention kinks, as the amount of money they're able to toss at that can often be insane, and could make him more V-Bucks than the Patreon. They'll want to have as much detail in there as possible and that's completely fine. Again, where the key issue lies is in the lack of positive transparency and generally low frequency of Patreon updates. The reason for the former is that they want to keep as much as possible a secret, in order not to spoil anyone's experience. This form of silence was acceptable when the game was still small enough to get frequent updates within 30-45 days. However, due to the current scale of the project, like the aforementioned schedule, this isn't working anymore.

Yes, if someone goes onto your Discord server, they can see you being active, talk with you and try to get information that satisfies them. Still, bear in mind that while you have 1363 patrons, at the time of writing this, the server only has 245 people online, and only 2/3rd are actual active patrons. While the member count does not display offline members, I'm currently not willing to believe there would be more than twice as many offline (at most), which would still barely be around half of your current patrons. What about the other half? What about those on pages such as this one, observing your progress and possibly being on the verge of actually joining your Patreon themselves? What do they see when they check the posts? What do they see when they check the community section? They see one progress report and no update since January, followed by delay after delay. It's difficult to blame them for feeling like you're not doing enough of a job, with the average post being right on the negative end of the spectrum.

I understand you don't want to reveal content, but would it not be possible for you to do something extra on the side, to post on Patreon with, be it in the art or writing departments? You don't have to reveal the curtain altogether; let those interested collect bits and pieces, so that they can imagine the bigger picture. In terms of artwork, what do the floor's interiors look like? What sort of atmosphere do you want the player to feel in it? What will the villain's weapon look like? What will a key object of the floor be? If there is something belonging to her that will be paid particular lewd attention to, what will it be? What have you just finished?
In the writing department, who is the captured/corrupted character (based on the fact there's been one on every floor so far, I'm guessing there will be one here as well)? How did they become aware of the tower? How have they gotten this high onto it? How did they attempt to fight the villain, and how have they failed? How were they weakened/broken into who/what they currently are? What is their current relationship with the villain? Again, what sort of atmosphere would you like to establish with the floor? Writing would be an especially recommended form of teasers, as there are multiple ways you can do them (diary entries, a conversation with another villain [ex. an Eliza confessional], a straight-up story, etc.) and when long enough, it would be easier to split them up, releasing them per-part in a regular manner

Currently, I do believe that you should consider these kinds of "mini-teasers". From what I can see, it feels like they would kill three birds with one stone - those already in on you can still start piecing together their guess of what the boss will be like and, if they don't want to do so, they can still see a form of progress; those who are on the verge may be encouraged by the increase in activity, especially if they do not participate in the Discord server, and those complaining may be able to have their worries calmed down (with the exception of the more severe/vulgar complaints, for which it would likely not work either way). The choice is yours, though. If you've actually bothered reading through this, that's already something I'm glad of and I hope you'll be able to solve this issue.

Lewdhound

Aug 8, 2017
I've been following this game since its only scarlet with Bo's alone.
Im assuming maybe its Koda that maybe trying to push his "idealism" above realism.
Dont blame me for thinking like this. Because this "idealism" in his writing is what he showed when he first came. I remember it well. And things started going downhill after Koda enters in term of "release time".

Creating art arent easy. Depend on the person it can be 3-12 hours of labor work to get 1 good CG. And dont forget the eyestrain after that and their needed to rest. Not to mention it maybe need revision, and can only start working after the writing and storyboard are done.

That is why imo, its better to update regularly little by little. Its good for everyone, except for pride and idealism.
Passion, pride and idealism is good, but should be limited to each own capabilities.
Knowing that the artist is just one guy, Its just natural that you wont be able to do things in time If you kept adding extra things in such a small time.
So why still clinging to that idealism?

FYI, even if you follow your passion to finish 1 floor-that-kept-getting-bigger all at once,
Versus release things slowly and regulary,
In the end the final product will be pretty much the same if you have the clear plan of it.
The only differences? its the pressure and burden. << which is contra productive.
And i bet this pressure is one of the culprit that make you guys working on slower paced compared to before.
You might think that its exactly why ppl should stop complaining, but realistically, it won't happen right?

Imo, if you guys still wanna do this route, I see 2 choices :
- Keep going on the usual pace, and hearing complains everywhere
- Or hire other artist/programmer to help (It will make ToT losing it souls for sure, ik), but what can you do?

If you choose going on usual pace, Im sure you can reduce the complain if you are being clear about your production.
You can try go to Dlsite blog of japanese circle and see how they post very regulary, even on daily basis.
My suggestion : if you have a teaser, for example 5 art. Divide it, and post it once each week (with a good small talk). This will make ppl stay motivated.
Dont post it all at once.
People fear and got annoyed because they dont hear anything in such a long time + got bombed by sudden delays.

And about how much money Bo and Koda got compared to delayed update.
Again it cant be helped. they can only do much with so little manpower.
That leaves patron to only 2 choices too :
- Keep believing, and complaint on delay (unless bo and koda change their time management)
- Or stop your pledge. So you dont feel disappointed anymore if they make delays again.

I love ToT and thats why I want to give suggestion and try giving advice
(from what ive felt, which might be wrong also. Since I dont know how you guys managed the production)
This is just my thoughts, and not by any means I hate Bo and Kodas, I just feel like your time management could be better.
Keep up the goodwork, and sorry if im using bad choice of words. Not a native english speakers.

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
There's a bright side for people who found this game and felt like they've been waiting their whole lives for this. When 7F gets released we get to relive the sensation of getting something it feels like we've been waiting our entire lives for. Wouldn't have that feeling if updates were regular:p

Reactions: Billerboob

c-+

Jul 29, 2018
By the way, anyone has a gif of this particular picture of Karen? I think anyone posted it, but I lost track of it D:
I put this one together myself for my signature a bit ago, so the overall positioning and quality might not be that good (wasn't too worried about quality due to the fact that it would get shrunk). But just in case this is what you want, here:

Edit: Or you can just click on my signature and it should enlarge it, I think, haha.

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
That isn't the only problem either. The content they promised is already done, whats causing the delays is more stuff they are trying to cram in the same patch. What I cannot fathom is why they don't just release what they planned, and then add the stuff they want to do later. It boggles my mind.
I told him, he said it would make future development "awkward".

Incognito Guy

totally not zazzaro
Jan 5, 2019
Discord people are far more forgiving, so much so that I think they are part of the problem. As long as the devs don't face pressure they'll never try and better themselves.

EvaSlavE

Sep 11, 2018
I put this one together myself for my signature a bit ago, so the overall positioning and quality might not be that good (wasn't too worried about quality due to the fact that it would get shrunk). But just in case this is what you want, here:

Edit: Or you can just click on my signature and it should enlarge it, I think, haha.
oh shit, i don't even remember that scene, i need to play through karen's floor again

Haven't laughed this much from high school.
so a few months at most?

drawing hentai is a far cry from making an interactive game. the delays are obnoxious but when you're asking your pledgers for a dollar a month it's not really surprising

Sylph Phoenix

Sep 24, 2018
Ignore the guy (edoitachi); in the short time I've been following this thread, he's done nothing but make wildly exaggerated claims about the existing content in competition to ToT. Then he talks about how he doesn't care about this game, only to continue monitoring this thread and making another long, hyperbolic tirade a few weeks later. This is the guy that said there were dozens of equally good femdom foot fetish games and then listed a whole bunch of games with neither foot fetish or even decently femdom content. The clock is well and truly broken, in that case.

On a lighter note, I'm hoping we see a return to villainesses that we can actually beat, without it being a thrown game. Karen was interesting as a one-off but I think it's more fun if it feels as though you actually have a chance. Being defeated becomes a lot more impactful if you actually had a chance of achieving a legitimate victory. Here's hoping, since Lady Cobra was sorta-kinda a proper victory and Karen was absolutely not. I also am keen to see Ethan get strong enough that he can properly beat Karen higher in the tower. Fun little plot point I'm excited to see completed.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes