RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

guiltyspark343

Jun 26, 2018
One of the things I have picked up on from the Koda updates shared here is that Bo got married this year. Speaking from experience the preparation for that can take over your life so I am sort of hoping that has been a factor in the slower release schedule. Maybe I am completely wrong but hopefully Bo will have more free time for ToT now
So what prevents him from posting "I'm planning a wedding, people, expect large delays" and informing us? Is he 5 years old or is perhaps mentally ill?

besaid

Aug 19, 2019
So what prevents him from posting "I'm planning a wedding, people, expect large delays" and informing us? Is he 5 years old or is perhaps mentally ill?
Maybe one of those, maybe he underestimated how much of his time it would take up. Maybe it wasn't a factor at all. I'm just trying to find some reasons for optimism.

inthef95zone

Sep 21, 2017
as much as i hate to defend the devs, the wedding thing was posted and fans were informed, it's just on discord though where the actual financially supportive community is. If your only source of info is looking at patreon (which's basically reserved only for the game releases) or lurking here, you're just a bad pirate as the rest of us lol, so just sit and wait for info provided by the good ppl from discord that come here

Last edited:

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
as much as i hate to defend the devs, the wedding thing was posted and fans were informed, it's just on discord though where the actual financially supportive community is. If your only source of info is looking at patreon (which's basically reserved only for the game releases) or lurking here, you're just a bad pirate as the rest of us lol, so just sit and wait for info provided by the good ppl from discord that come here
Wait... Do people actually believe that the reason why we barely got any new stuff in 2019... is because Bo's getting married? If you say yes then I've got a bridge to sell you.
And also, assuming Bo would have the morals/good will to tell people in advance that there's not gonna be content in 2019 when he's a frequent and unapologetic plagiarist... that's a BIIIG assumption. I still remember for how long the "New floor every 30-45 days" thing was up on their Patreon page.

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
Wait... Do people actually believe that the reason why we barely got any new stuff in 2019... is because Bo's getting married? If you say yes then I've got a bridge to sell you.
And also, assuming Bo would have the morals/good will to tell people in advance that there's not gonna be content in 2019 when he's a frequent and unapologetic plagiarist... that's a BIIIG assumption. I still remember for how long the "New floor every 30-45 days" thing was up on their Patreon page.
Don't forget the many months he still received patreon money without nothing to show for but failed and fake promises (spring cleaning update) and after that a couple of months re-releasing an old game with the bare minimum work and effort (not even reworking old art), stretching it's welcome until now and counting.

besaid

Aug 19, 2019
Its a game I play for free so I'm not going to sit here and call the dude names for not giving me free stuff fast enough. I got married last year and it was a pretty busy time for me. I doubt I could have made a game alongside all that. Equally I didnt have the foresight to realise how busy I would be. I imagine he had less free time than usual.

Really all I was saying was maybe the updates will become more regular.

Greycrimson

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2018
Its a game I play for free so I'm not going to sit here and call the dude names for not giving me free stuff fast enough.
Bo wei copies other artists' art and makes money off of it. There are multiple examples for this and he never acknowledged or addressed this. He is quite literally a "frequent and unapologetic plagiarist". No name calling there.

besaid

Aug 19, 2019
Bo wei copies other artists' art and makes money off of it. There are multiple examples for this and he never acknowledged or addressed this. He is quite literally a "frequent and unapologetic plagiarist". No name calling there.
Thats shit of him. I was referring more to the general mood of the forum whenever I lurk here rather than that particular comment but ok. I was genuinely just trying to be a bit optimistic but if everyone thinks the getting married isn't relevant then fair enough.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
Thats shit of him. I was referring more to the general mood of the forum whenever I lurk here rather than that particular comment but ok. I was genuinely just trying to be a bit optimistic but if everyone thinks the getting married isn't relevant then fair enough.
Well to undersand the general mood of the forum you need some context. This forum's patience has been worn down by the countless broken promises these devs have made, from the obvious "7F will be done by the end of April" only for it to be delayed to who-knows-when next year, to the more subtle "We'll stop making huge floors", which they've made twice now, only to decide they'll keep making huge floors anyways despite acknowledging it had been a mistake all along and how much the community is against that. And the "Bo is a plagiarist" comment was relevant because it's proof that the guy doesn't have a whole lot of integrity, so he's not above lying about how much time it's taking him to plan his wedding in order to have a convenient excuse (which it still isn't because he should've explicitly said something if that was the case).
Just go to their Discord's "announcements" chatroom and look at how many times they've delayed stuff and how awful they are at predicting when updates are gonna drop. And keep in mind, that's just the times they are keeping track of, there's many more in reality.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes