RPGM Tower of Trample [v1.18.0.4 + Standalone SC3] [Bo Wei/Koda]

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes

Pugugly001

Jan 7, 2019
He's not entitled, just passionate about a project he has been following for years and kept on disappointing him time after time.

He might be taking things too far, but he's got every right to be mad. And before you say anything: no, not supporting the project doesn't mean shit when I can't even remember the last update that came out on time.

Now things have been picking up speed lately, but it will take some time to regain the trust lost over all this time. Until then by calling people entitled you're showing that you're either new, or just a kiss ass.
New to this? Yes. New to the behavior? No.

I honestly don’t get the excuses made for GJ’s ‘Passion’? If you’re in a relationship with someone that whips you and makes you hump her leg, great; if you’re in a relationship with someone that talks about you like GearfulJoe does, gtfo it’s abuse.

And I guess that’s the point to me. I don’t care if he has ‘the right to be mad’. When someone’s response to being mad is this kind of abusive behavior, the problem isn’t what made them mad.

Apr 22, 2020
And I guess that’s the point to me. I don’t care if he has ‘the right to be mad’. When someone’s response to being mad is this kind of abusive behavior, the problem isn’t what made them mad.
That's a false dichotomy, though. BOTH what made them made and how they reacted can be the problem or two different problems.

GearlessJoe

Jun 17, 2018
New to this? Yes. New to the behavior? No.

I honestly don’t get the excuses made for GJ’s ‘Passion’? If you’re in a relationship with someone that whips you and makes you hump her leg, great; if you’re in a relationship with someone that talks about you like GearfulJoe does, gtfo it’s abuse.

You're spouting so much nonsense, just take the L my dude.

Pugugly001

Jan 7, 2019
That's a false dichotomy, though. BOTH what made them made and how they reacted can be the problem or two different problems.
That's getting into 'Why you make me hit you' levels of rationalization. This isn't criticism, it's abuse.

I don't get the determination to excuse it. Bo Wei and Koda have done nothing but provide a game for free. If that game installs malware, phishs for account info, sends out spam, then there could be cause for being angry.

Without them somehow doing damage to you (or someone else), then no, it's not a false dichotomy. It is ethically wrong to act this way towards people that haven't hurt someone.

Even if you don't like their art, writing, or inability to stay on schedule.

It concerns me that this is controversial position.

CNR25

Jan 7, 2020
Pugugly dude. They provided fake deadlines to their patrons. How the fuck this shouldn't be a reason to be angry ?

I've never been a patron myself so i have nothing to say. But people who threw their money into the project which they loved, to get what they got in 2019 have all the reasons in the world to be salty.

In the other hand i won't call them shitty devs. They did a wonderful job, that we can get for free. They bring pleasure to femdom fans, and i thank them for that.

Now they have to respect people who are donating their money.

robtbo

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2019
I'm sure you mean well and you're appreciative of what the Devs have provided.
HOWEVA, you've been informed by GearlessJoe and others of how the Dev team steals others' artwork and routinely lies to their Patreons.
It's not just artistic similarities and missed deadlines. It's not. So if someone wants to use the phrase "scumbag" to refer to an unrepentant thief and liar... it's not abuse... it's paraphrasing. He comes off harsh because the joy of contributing to this community has been trampled out of him. (or trampe'd lol)

Keep in mind that Joe used to be active on this thread as a grateful, bright-eyed fun(and foot)-loving optimist who actively helped out others and shared things he learned about the game. After a while, a lot of peeps are only checking here for Narak8813's and Sylph Phoenix's updates and to clear out their notifications because the thread becomes toxic and frustrating.

There's actually an entirely separate thread devoted to keeping this thread non-toxic. If you REALLY want to contribute, you can take the disagreement over to Tower of Trample [because mods amirite ¯\_(ツ)_/¯]

Nobody wins in the ToT community. Everyone loses. Happy June, everybody!!!

And rest assured, I'm about to go fuck myself, without needing to be directed to do so. :giggle:

Apr 22, 2020
That's getting into 'Why you make me hit you' levels of rationalization. This isn't criticism, it's abuse.

I don't get the determination to excuse it.
I wasn't talking about this specific instance in particular, I was saying that your "when someone get that mad, it doesn't matter why, they're the side in the wrong" position was a false dichotomy as it's entirely possible both sides are wrong. So what you said didn't hold up.

"Both sides did wrong" isn't excusing anything, either, quite the contrary. No one is saying that insulting them online is a good and moral thing to do.

If you want to argue that Bo Wei and Koda didn't do anything wrong, it's your prerogative. However they factually did lie to the people who they had (and still have, in some cases) a business relationship with, which if you want to excuse is, again, your prerogative, but it's also something most people will object to.

bahamut2195

Mar 28, 2018
Keep in mind that Joe used to be active on this thread as a grateful, bright-eyed fun(and foot)-loving optimist who actively helped out others and shared things he learned about the game. After a while, a lot of peeps are only checking here for Narak8813's and Sylph Phoenix's updates and to clear out their notifications because the thread becomes toxic and frustrating.
Oh the good old days of lighthearted gambling, optimism and users helping each other.

olorex11

Oct 16, 2017
How long is "few" days?
22 days according to the Koda time measurement unit, can be more, but never less.
So we have 3 weeks at minimum to keep being "entitled" and "white knighted" by our eye openner buddy here.

4.40 star(s) 52 Votes