3.60 star(s) 52 Votes

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
I guess we only get the dev version here every few updates or sth?
Sometimes, yeah. Depends on who is supporting the devs on Patreon, then sharing the latest dev build.

At least, I assume. I tried doing that through itch.io, but I misread it and only got the regular releases. You're supposed to pay a higher tier just to get the dev version. I learned that the hard way lol.

The_Knut

Jul 16, 2021
Sometimes, yeah. Depends on who is supporting the devs on Patreon, then sharing the latest dev build.

At least, I assume. I tried doing that through itch.io, but I misread it and only got the regular releases. You're supposed to pay a higher tier just to get the dev version. I learned that the hard way lol.
Just being able to share the latest version with post bugfixes by the dev is already very welcome, normally we dont even get that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Axis3123
Feb 1, 2018
It's nice seeing this game grow after four years. I must say that there are a lot of possession and hypnosis kinks here. I never thought I would be playing as a ghost that would eventually posses other people so I can play with their own bodies.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Just being able to share the latest version with post bugfixes by the dev is already very welcome, normally we dont even get that.
True. However, isn't the game free? I assume the devs just post the latest builds in their websites (itch.io/townofmagic.com) and call it a day. I thought of maybe just delivering the latest builds if they happen through itch.io just to help out, but if the game is already free, then it would just be redundant.

The_Knut

Jul 16, 2021
True. However, isn't the game free? I assume the devs just post the latest builds in their websites (itch.io/townofmagic.com) and call it a day. I thought of maybe just delivering the latest builds if they happen through itch.io just to help out, but if the game is already free, then it would just be redundant.
The free version that's obtainable for everyone is behind the paid one, which gets the latest content (screenshot below, from the game site)

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 00-24-26 Download - Town of Magic.png

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Latest builds are through subscription payment only, such as patreon.
Even if you pay for it on itch.io: you'll still be using the free version.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
The free version that's obtainable for everyone is behind the paid one, which gets the latest content (screenshot below, from the game site)

View attachment 3440915
No shit. I thought the Patreon subs only got the dev version of the latest equivalent version they put out for people to try for free. Good to know at least. I assume the free version is a few updates smaller than the Patreon builds, and I confirm this since I redownloaded the game through itch.io and it is on version 0.68.006. Interesting!

Latest builds are through subscription payment only, such as patreon.
Even if you pay for it on itch.io: you'll still be using the free version.
I should have worded my post earlier, whoops: I supported the dev through Patreon only once on the lowest tier, not knowing that I needed the mid tier to even get access to the dev build, and it linked my itch.io page to allow me to download the Patreon version, only without the dev features that people have posted prior. What I didn't know earlier is that the free version is delayed and not on par with the dev builds that Patreon people are playing for. Technically, I paid for mine once but got the privilege to maintain the download links through itch.io, as it marks it "Town of Magic (Patreon)." I thought there was no difference between them. Guess I was wrong ^^;

ddf

Jun 27, 2017
Hi!
I have question about that new party screen feature where you can see influence of other characters on Celica's body.
I've read the new book for that skill and registered Celica's paper doll at shrine.
Still no pie chart for me.
What am I missing?

Userz

Dec 28, 2017
Hi!
I have question about that new party screen feature where you can see influence of other characters on Celica's body.
I've read the new book for that skill and registered Celica's paper doll at shrine.
Still no pie chart for me.
What am I missing?
I've seen the pie chat in the party's menu, you have to scroll down

Reactions: ddf

GrammarApe

Aug 19, 2019
Do high relationship affects the drop rate of items? I've been trying to collect dark orbs by letting the Violet win for many times yet I still get nothing.

Is it because of having 5.9 points of relationship? Should I lower back to 1.0 below to gain those black orbs again?

feuerzeug

Jul 14, 2017
Do high relationship affects the drop rate of items? I've been trying to collect dark orbs by letting the Violet win for many times yet I still get nothing.

Is it because of having 5.9 points of relationship? Should I lower back to 1.0 below to gain those black orbs again?
violet only dropps you 2 orbs, the rest you get later from a different npc. it has nothing to do with relationship.

feuerzeug

Jul 14, 2017
Thanks, but where can get dark orbs? Been farming those damn Dark Knights but again, no dark orbs.
didn't want to spoil it but you don't get them as a monster drop, just continue the story line and you will get them eventually. i think they got put into the game like 1 or 2 patches ago so it might take you a bit longer.
but just as with violet you don't really have to do much to get them with the specific npc.

Etheric

May 30, 2017
Just found the game and I gotta say how good is. The problem I found is how long is and lack of replayable scenes. I wonder if is possible to play the entire story and only focus on the relationship after afterward.

3.60 star(s) 52 Votes