VN Ren'Py Tragic Elf Life [v0.03] [StraponCookie]

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
As i said before planed is a story focused VN, Inzest patch is atm not necessary also the Loli Patch, but there are made because Patreon is already created (just not set up) but I don't want to do so much with Patreon yet because it is an alpha of just 1 day.

Like No content no support.
As soon the content reaches a lvl that pleases me i will start with patreon.
The patch datas are some preparations for this.

Due to the forced bath scene:
There will be some like these with your "wife" because of "marriage duties"

The other scenes will allways be avoidable (like the hospital and after this is a mastrubation scene, these are avoidable and do nothing to the karma system or other flags) the same applies to scenes with content whose tags you don't like (for example in the planned tags: rape).

So i would say wait a few patches and check then again, if you like it then i would be happy if you play it.

Day 2 is in progress along with the translation fixes, but since I'm currently working lousy shifts it will take longer than originally planned with Day 2 Content.
I'll check back after day three or so I guess to see how things are going. A few side notes, the loli patch is needed for this site. The mods here are strict as fuck on that one particular tag. Everything else under the sun is fine but if a character is even a day under 18 it's not allowed here so be careful. Also if your target audience are English speaking players it may be a good idea to default it to English. If I didn't have a basic understanding of Dutch and renpy I wouldn't have known how to even open the settings and change it to English.

Reactions: StraponCookie

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Alright. gave it a try.
The engrish is really bad. I can barely understand what I am reading. I think this might be machine translated.

Also, why does the MC's wife keep on calling him

in the english version? are you confusing the japanese word for "you"?
I remember seeing various anime wifes call their husbands that. is this why you are doing that?
"Tragic Elf life"

Elves protest SEXUALIZATION... :sneaky:

View attachment 2570397
THX for the share...
elf-protest.png

English with WT
what does WT mean?

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Alright. gave it a try.
The engrish is really bad. I can barely understand what I am reading. I think this might be machine translated.

Also, why does the MC's wife keep on calling him

in the english version? are you confusing the japanese word for "you"?
I remember seeing various anime wifes call their husbands that. is this why you are doing that?

View attachment 2599909

what does WT mean?
A few posts up the dev answered me about that with "Yes the Anata meant to be "Husband" or "Beloved" the explanation follows in Day 2.". I guess it's a cultural thing? Here in America we call our spouses by their names, not my a relationship status. Its very strange to me. The translation is rough right now so maybe it just doesn't come across as natural. Much of the dialogues don't seem to be.

I didn't play a lot of this but I assume WT is the universally shortened "Walkthrough". Not sure why it's not just written out but that's how it is. Not that it's needed really since there is very little to do right now and even less player agency.

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
A few posts up the dev answered me about that with "Yes the Anata meant to be "Husband" or "Beloved" the explanation follows in Day 2.". I guess it's a cultural thing? Here in America we call our spouses by their names, not my a relationship status. Its very strange to me. The translation is rough right now so maybe it just doesn't come across as natural. Much of the dialogues don't seem to be.
That is not what I meant. I know americans who call each other darling.
The problem is that in the english version, there is 1 single random japanese word thrown in.

English != Japanese
those are two different languages.

If she called him an english word as a nickname. like "darling" "honey" "sweetie" "love" or whatever. I wouldn't say anything.
I didn't play a lot of this but I assume WT is the universally shortened "Walkthrough". Not sure why it's not just written out but that's how it is. Not that it's needed really since there is very little to do right now and even less player agency.
ah, that makes sense... well in that case english WT is broken. as using it switches language back to untranslated (I think german)

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
mrttao thx for your reply/feedback.
I know the word Anata is often used for this type of games but this is not why i use it.
I like the japanese language and Anata is not just "you".
Anata is a word with more meanings based on the context an emphasis. (for couples the meaning can also be beloved or darling)

But this is just for the translation of the word, the explanation why she calls him that way will as already said explained in day 2.

The problem with the English with walktrough (short wt) as far i know was that the screens wasn´t translated.
Or have you found some more that is untranslated in the game with the walktrough?
If so please let me know because i work at the moment on the translation.
(And yes most of it was maschine translation i´m sorry for that but it will be "fixed" in the next update. However, since English is not my native language, there will still be some discrepancies, so if after the re-translation there are any unclear or strange sentences, please let me know.)

The walktrough is already installed because of some decisions that will affect dialogs and scenes in the future.(same as the patches just preparation)
At day1 there are just 2 with flagpoints that will block some future content.
Day 2 have some more with more impact on the future dialogs and scenes.

But to give also an actual status:

The "main" script for day 2 is finished. (in my native language german)
At this moment i try to make the render and the translation (real life work gets in the way)

The feedback has already been implemented to a large part.
(Mainly the translation with lesser mechanical translation)

Thanks again for your feedback

with best regards
StraponCookie

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
The problem with the English with walktrough (short wt) as far i know was that the screens wasn´t translated.
Or have you found some more that is untranslated in the game with the walktrough?
I noticed that when I click on English WT everything turns into german. so I switched back to English without WT and played that instead.
So I haven't actually played the game itself with the WT. So I don't know how much of the game with the WT is actually translated, just that the options menu isn't

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
I noticed that when I click on English WT everything turns into german. so I switched back to English without WT and played that instead.
So I haven't actually played the game itself with the WT. So I don't know how much of the game with the WT is actually translated, just that the options menu isn't

Thy for response,
i changed this in the code already, with the next update there should no screen become german after this.

I also added some text to an early dialog for the Anata calling and an input menu for those who dont like this.
So after the Update with a new start you can choose the way your wife calls you.

I also redo the translation completely (hopefully) to improve the flow with the english sentences.
It will take some time becaue my english is realy rusty.

I hope for more feedback after the update to improve my skills an the VN.

Reactions: mrttao

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
Greetings to all,
i did some rework to the english version,
there is still help from machine translations, but i hope its better then the old version.

Feedback is welcome,
next Update will contains day 3 with much more story telling and many new characters.
This will need some preparations so i would like to ask for a little patience.

If you find some bugs or other misstakes let me know.

Have fun and best regards

Straponcookie

Reactions: linkinn and JFKdj

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
TragicElfLife-0.02Alpha
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
really hard to follow some things when the english version randomly drops into german....

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
At what point? (A screen or the sentences at itself would be helpfull)
Then I missed something in the translation.
honestly about half the conversations seem to flip into german.

also you might want to go over your scripts a bit there are times where a character is listed as speaking but it seems like its supposed to be the main character or there seems to be missing dialogue from the main character that the speaker reacts to.

I did use the incest patch not sure if that would be the problem or not

StraponCookie

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2022
honestly about half the conversations seem to flip into german.

also you might want to go over your scripts a bit there are times where a character is listed as speaking but it seems like its supposed to be the main character or there seems to be missing dialogue from the main character that the speaker reacts to.

I did use the incest patch not sure if that would be the problem or not
Thank you for your feedback.
The patch does not cause such an error.
Indeed, there were a few sentences that were not translated (even without patch). I have corrected this, but it could also be due to the translation, as my English skills are a bit rusty. (Upload of the correction will follow today)

Regarding the part about
"There are times when a character is listed as speaking, but it seems like it should be the main character or there seems to be a missing dialogue from the main character that the speaker is responding to,"
I found just one sentence during my review that was actually assigned to the wrong character. The rest is as currently intended. Menu selections do not include an additional textbox from the MC because the menu choices are meant to be spoken by the MC.

If this is what you mean, I will take it as criticism and revise it, meaning I will add a textbox or a sentence from the MC after a menu selection everywhere.

Reactions: Tyrranus

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Renders look good, but sadly the conversations feel a bit robotic. Also it feels like the MC should say something in reaction to the actions or things the girls say to him, but he actually says nothing. It feels like there is dialogue missing, that was especially the case during day 1.
The translation needs still some work, here an example:
Then as a suggestion, Molly calls the MC "Herr Lehrer", that could be translated to "teacher" or "teach" for short. My suggestion would be to look for a better translation software or some help from people that speak both, German and English, the latter should be fluently.
In addition it looks more like a softcore game. You should mention that in the OP, because that could be a crucial point for some people.
Last but not least, clicking on the Gallery gives an error and throws the player directly into the story. Here is the traceback:
Best of luck

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Given I have a distace for isekai my criticism is kinda biased.
Nonetheless, in this case I don't see what the isekai part of the game bring, the story is that of somebody having an accident, is saved by a "divine" entity but lost their memory. Given they already have a wife, daughters, a sister and niece, the isekai part only reduce the impact of these relations since they were the relation of somebody else.
An isekai shine by its use of the memories of the previous life of the character or by the fact they escape a/some specific(s) rule(s) around which the adventure will revolves.
But in this case the character was already really open toward non human, even his sister is. So what does the isekai part bring? I hope for the story that there is a payoff for it otherwise it bring nothing and that's one of the worse thing an element of your story can do.
Good luck dev, hope you prove me wrong.