Others [Translation Request] Daiteikoku - Alicesoft

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
Wasn't planning to pick this up right now, but the game is pretty interesting and I got annoyed when I started hitting untranslated parts...

If you don't mind beta testing, you can give the attached file a try. Unpack to the main game directory, overwriting when asked. You will need to have the older English patch ( ) installed first, as this is just an update to that patch.

I'll make a more official release later, but right now some testing is in order. I had to get a bit heavy-handed to get decent word-wrapping and page breaks. Specifically, I had to edit the game's code directly to add lines and additional dialog pages, and as this was done in an automated manner, I can't be sure I didn't introduce any game killing bugs.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs. I'm only interested in show-stopping bugs right now, but feel free to note down any formatting, "long text" or other bugs you see. I'll try to look into those after I'm sure the show-stoppers are gone and I make the release official.

This torrent still works as of a few days ago:
What software did you use to translate the game?. I'm intersted in translating other AliceSoft games, but I have never been able to crack the engine open for translation.
And what MTL did you use, by the way? Sugoi, DeepL?

Danny900

Jul 7, 2017
The reason this "mtl" tar is so good is because it is the same partial patch released in 2012,
I did the comparison and both have 6,186,452 letters with the notepad of the 2 patches.
The script for this patch below.
not the same. I played both the 2012 and this one.

Karatus

Apr 27, 2017
The reason this "mtl" tar is so good is because it is the same partial patch released in 2012,
I did the comparison and both have 6,186,452 letters with the notepad of the 2 patches.
The script for this patch below.
Not the same I requested a translation after playing the 2012 patch and replayed with the patch everything except thoughts are translated by mtl

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
Was this game ever translated? And what about this game in the same series: Daiakuji

ItzSyther

Dec 3, 2018
Was this game ever translated? And what about this game in the same series: Daiakuji
It was never fully translated although a machine translation exists.

Daiakuji doesn't have a translation outside of a video demonstration long ago by a fella who I believe translated Rance stuff.

• Sad
Reactions: Netori Popeye

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
It was never fully translated although a machine translation exists.

Daiakuji doesn't have a translation outside of a video demonstration long ago by a fella who I believe translated Rance stuff.
We need a heeeerrrrrooooooo

bmle

Feb 21, 2018
ok but where can i download this game? i remember playing it and it was almost fully translated (MTL) for the most part. but i do not remember where i downloaded it from

kirto12

Jul 15, 2017
ok but where can i download this game? i remember playing it and it was almost fully translated (MTL) for the most part. but i do not remember where i downloaded it from
you can get it from ryuugames the translation for it there is about 35% so I would recommend getting the mtl patch on the first page

• Red Heart
Reactions: bmle