Others [Translation Request] Daiteikoku - Alicesoft

Karatus

Apr 27, 2017
81AcDC3LeUL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Title: Daiteikoku
Developer website:
Language: Japanese (partial translate patch available)
LINK: (updated link to a working torrent)
Description: VN, strategy, SCI-FI, parody

So this is quite an old game (2011) but I really like it since there's a lot of strategy involved and a lot of replayability it's the third installment of the Dai series, although I think only Daibanchou is translated and available.

At this point I will be happy even with a MTL, it's been ages since this game was touched, I hoped that mangagamer would translate it at some point given their work with Alicesoft but I'm out of hope now.

The english patch available online only covers the UI and the first part of the story but around 70% of the story isn't translated at all

I can gladly provide any additional info if required

maxresdefault.jpg hqdefault.jpg 70.jpg 144.jpg

Last edited:

Josba

Mar 30, 2019
Wasn't planning to pick this up right now, but the game is pretty interesting and I got annoyed when I started hitting untranslated parts...

If you don't mind beta testing, you can give the attached file a try. Unpack to the main game directory, overwriting when asked. You will need to have the older English patch ( ) installed first, as this is just an update to that patch.

I'll make a more official release later, but right now some testing is in order. I had to get a bit heavy-handed to get decent word-wrapping and page breaks. Specifically, I had to edit the game's code directly to add lines and additional dialog pages, and as this was done in an automated manner, I can't be sure I didn't introduce any game killing bugs.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs. I'm only interested in show-stopping bugs right now, but feel free to note down any formatting, "long text" or other bugs you see. I'll try to look into those after I'm sure the show-stoppers are gone and I make the release official.

(unfortunately I have only this link available)
This torrent still works as of a few days ago:

Karatus

Apr 27, 2017
Wasn't planning to pick this up right now, but the game is pretty interesting and I got annoyed when I started hitting untranslated parts...

If you don't mind beta testing, you can give the attached file a try. Unpack to the main game directory, overwriting when asked. You will need to have the older English patch ( ) installed first, as this is just an update to that patch.

I'll make a more official release later, but right now some testing is in order. I had to get a bit heavy-handed to get decent word-wrapping and page breaks. Specifically, I had to edit the game's code directly to add lines and additional dialog pages, and as this was done in an automated manner, I can't be sure I didn't introduce any game killing bugs.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs. I'm only interested in show-stopping bugs right now, but feel free to note down any formatting, "long text" or other bugs you see. I'll try to look into those after I'm sure the show-stoppers are gone and I make the release official.

I tested a little this patch and seems to work quite well, I'm surprised of the quality of the MTL actually, I noticed that are still some untranslated parts though, mostly when the chat becomes green and the charachters "think" about something without saying it aloud

Reactions: Josba

Josba

Mar 30, 2019
I tested a little this patch and seems to work quite well, I'm surprised of the quality of the MTL actually, I noticed that are still some untranslated parts though, mostly when the chat becomes green and the charachters "think" about something without saying it aloud
Yep, there are a couple dialog patterns I missed including the "think" dialogs. Also, the voice lines get repeated wherever I needed to add an extra dialog box to fit the english text in. Working on fixing both of these, but I'm needing to rewrite a good chunk of my translation code to get it to work, so will take me a while.

Reactions: mmd225
Jan 28, 2018
You are a godsend. Today I replayed Daibanchou just for the heck of it and thought to myself, hey isn't there a sequel to this game? I looked and found out there was only a partial translation that was abandoned back in 2014-2015. I'm surprised no one has picked this up again but hey if the UI is translated and only the story part is missing maybe I'll try machine translation. This is a strategy game so I really want to have exact translations for gameplay but story I can endure machine translation.

Reactions: Netori Popeye
Jan 28, 2018
Just finished one ending and while I would like to go for another but I don't have much time on me to play this again since I have a lot on my list. Overall, the machine translation is great and actually readable that sometimes I forgot it is machine translated. The only problem is the usual mistake on pronouns and the word-wrapping where texts go out of the box but it can be remedied by looking at the history/text logs.

xiaoshrimp

Aug 16, 2023
Thanks for reviving my interest in DTK! I'd long since given up hope on an official English translation - this is the next best thing.

Coomer4571

Aug 19, 2017

wow this is great, i can't believe the original trnaslation got a cease and desist from mangagamer and then having mangagamer din't translate it at all

also can you tell us how to access the file and edit the words in case any of us wanted to help with the translation?

Karatus

Apr 27, 2017
By the way the MTL works fine except sometimes during "thought" dialogues, but I think it is safe to be packaged and shared in this community, don't know how to do that though

• Thinking Face

Coomer4571

Aug 19, 2017
By the way the MTL works fine except sometimes during "thought" dialogues, but I think it is safe to be packaged and shared in this community, don't know how to do that though
imho it's still not ready there are quite a few untranslated dialogue also need to find a way to fix the repeating voiced dialogue