RPGM [Translation Request] Dieselmine - Arle the Sorceress: I'm Smarter Than This! Why Is This Happening!?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've got a request to make a SLRMTL for this, since apparently multiple translation attempts for this have failed.
But instead of just posting one when it's done I thought the people who did try would like to know how to actually work with those txt files in a less painful manner:

The position, pointers, changes in music, special sounds, etc all have @ in front.
For example:
Code:
@ev f=ev16c (Where the dialogue is)
@se f=挿入音_複数 (A sound effect)
@bgm f=fera_aru3 (Music change)
Everything else non dialogue is developer comments.
They all have ;; in front.
For example:
Code:
;;CG■CG16c
That means you can grab just the dialogue using this straightforward, very easy, totally not terrible regex.
JavaScript:
/^([^;@\n][^;@]+?)(?=\n^\s*$|\n@|\n;)/gm
To see that pattern in action:

In case you have no clue what to do with this information (How to make a parser.), you can actually automate that process using the Custom Parser option in Translator++.
Click on "Create new model", change the file pattern to "*.txt", paste that regex into the "Root Rule" and leave the other options at "Capture Groups" "1" and "Action" "Capture value". Save it and then simply run that on the "s_data_en" folder with the txt files of the game.
That "should" collect all the translatable text, unless Dreamsavior fucked up again.

Edit: Improved the pattern.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
After a specific request, here's a SLRMTL for v1.01.

This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

If at any point after a screen transition the game seems to permanently darken, do not save, and report it to me.
That is a common issue with VX/Ace stuff and once I know where it happens I can fix it, but if your save is already dark it will stay dark.

Known issues:
Picture based text not translated.
The game uses poor automatic word wrapping which splits words and only uses very little of the text box.

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to unpack the game first. Extraction Tutorial
Then you can just extract the translation to your game folder and overwrite.

Changelog:
1.01: Fixed name color scripts.
1.02: Fixed a combat picture script.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zurvana and abane

K_yson

Mar 7, 2022

This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

If at any point after a screen transition the game seems to permanently darken, do not save, and report it to me.
That is a common issue with VX/Ace stuff and once I know where it happens I can fix it, but if your save is already dark it will stay dark.

Known issues:
The game uses poor automatic word wrapping which splits words and only uses very little of the text box.

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to unpack the game first. Extraction Tutorial

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.
1710849555829.png

I've noticed an issue, that being;
Whenever the Player's health dropped to 63 and possible below that, the game crashes.

It only happens when you pick the option of "Fight" after the health drops to the point.

Zurvana

Jan 23, 2018

Known issues:

Installation:

Was checking CGs on a full save they seem to cut part way and show only show text this happens for basically all of them Ill here's a full save

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
View attachment 3458463

I've noticed an issue, that being;
Whenever the Player's health dropped to 63 and possible below that, the game crashes.

It only happens when you pick the option of "Fight" after the health drops to the point.
Please share a save just before an encounter in which it happens, so I can quickly replicate it on my end.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Was checking CGs on a full save they seem to cut part way and show only show text this happens for basically all of them Ill here's a full save
I'm at a bit of a loss what to do.
It's not actually "broken", but really stupid.

What's happening is that the English text is much longer than the Japanese text and as a result the automatic word wrapping of the game creates additional text boxes for them.
But the CG seem to only stay on screen for a certain amount of boxes.

That means the CG will change and eventually fade out before the text boxes have actually reached that position in the story.