RPGM Complete [Translation request] Dr. Maria expedition [RJ436879] [銘菓!エンゼルまんじゅう]

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Okay folks. Here's an update for you. I basically worked nonstop on the translation because the game is so damn good. It was an absolute beast to translate because it's so, so long, and there's a lot of dialogue, scenes, menus, items, equipment, skills, etc. I'm emotionally drained and exhausted. But well, it was worth it ...

Anyway, I've beaten the entire game, translated all of the story, most of the H-scenes (missing about 3), and most of the item/weapons/armor/skills. I still have to work on any leftover "collectionist" stuff (e.g. the BPedia with all the creature descriptions), but it's nearly done too. Honestly, if I really had a deadline for myself, I'd say I could actually crank this all out and be 100% finished in less than a week.

However, out of respect to the devs, I'm not releasing my translation for at least another month or two, so the devs can at least get some money before this game gets pirated to hell. I'd also love for any updates to come out so I can update my translation (which will be a B, but whatever). In the meantime, I'll work on other translation projects, but consider this one translation complete. Just not released yet.

KT442

Aug 27, 2021
Wow, this looks amazing!

I'm doing a quick runthrough to see if it's worthy of translation, and other than some loli so far, I think it looks good enough that I'll make this one my main translation project. However, please don't get your hopes up for a quick release, and don't ask for any progress or timelines. I'm gonna take my time on this one to give it the respect it deserves, and finish any remaining translation projects I have as well before starting on this. It'll hopefully give the devs time to make money off of this game and iron out any bugs as well. I try to avoid releasing translations for brand new games too early even if I finish them, so I suppose this makes sense regardless.

Anyway, wish me luck!
Good luck!

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
For the save hoarders amongst you. 100% gallery completion. Only 94% beastiary completion, but I'm cool with that.

For an RPGM game you can really tell that some effort was put into this one.
Ratio of eros to game is pretty lopsided though. Waaaay more time going into RPG'ing here, so don't go into this one if you're looking for eros specifically (though the artwork on display is pretty decent).

Isoldebaden

Jul 11, 2022
Okay folks. Here's an update for you. I basically worked nonstop on the translation because the game is so damn good. It was an absolute beast to translate because it's so, so long, and there's a lot of dialogue, scenes, menus, items, equipment, skills, etc. I'm emotionally drained and exhausted. But well, it was worth it ...

Anyway, I've beaten the entire game, translated all of the story, most of the H-scenes (missing about 3), and most of the item/weapons/armor/skills. I still have to work on any leftover "collectionist" stuff (e.g. the BPedia with all the creature descriptions), but it's nearly done too. Honestly, if I really had a deadline for myself, I'd say I could actually crank this all out and be 100% finished in less than a week.

However, out of respect to the devs, I'm not releasing my translation for at least another month or two, so the devs can at least get some money before this game gets pirated to hell. I'd also love for any updates to come out so I can update my translation (which will be a B, but whatever). In the meantime, I'll work on other translation projects, but consider this one translation complete. Just not released yet.
Do you already have plans when exactly you will release the translated version?

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Do you already have plans when exactly you will release the translated version?
Remember the translation that was done like 2 months ago? me neither.
Feb 1st: "I'm not releasing my translation for at least another month or two"
How fucking impatient are you? Shits free, doesn't need to be RIGHT on time.
Sorry folks. I went back home for a week and then got busy with IRL work (it's why I have the disclaimer in all my translation notes about me being an average joe who does this for fun, without any compensation). I also just uploaded two game translations over the weekend and am currently working on another, so it's not like I'm just sitting on my ass.

Probably shouldn't have given a timeline as it pisses people off and gets them antsy once that deadline comes around and I procrastinate, so I'll refrain from doing so in the future unless I'm certain I can deliver. But yes, game is done. Also, bear in mind that I take pride in having my translations be as complete and as bug-tested as possible, so writing up changelogs and notes regarding my translations, as well as testing the games myself, actually takes a good bit of time. This is definitely up there on my "to-finish" list, but I understand the frustration on why it isn't released yet.

Then again, if you wanna complain, you could also just wait for Kagura to be done translating it in 2026 or something, lol. And as I always tell people, if you're not actively contributing to the community or translating games yourself, then you really don't have a reason or position to demand things you're not entitled to. Just my opinion.

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Okay, sorry. Just wanted to upload some translations I've been working on.

I'm back with this one. I took a look (after a month or two of being off this project) and realized I need to finish about 4 more H-scenes and then playtest a bit. I've just finished one scene today, and while I've got some IRL stuff coming up in the next month, I'm hoping to finish this translation before then. However, don't quote me on that, since I can see now how putting public deadlines on myself gives me more pressure in a negative way.

Anyway, not much of an update, but just be patient. I think I may be taking a break with translating after this though. Feeling burned out. :/

soulrave

May 16, 2018
Okay, sorry. Just wanted to upload some translations I've been working on.

I'm back with this one. I took a look (after a month or two of being off this project) and realized I need to finish about 4 more H-scenes and then playtest a bit. I've just finished one scene today, and while I've got some IRL stuff coming up in the next month, I'm hoping to finish this translation before then. However, don't quote me on that, since I can see now how putting public deadlines on myself gives me more pressure in a negative way.

Anyway, not much of an update, but just be patient. I think I may be taking a break with translating after this though. Feeling burned out. :/
Your doing this for free and I thank you for at least translating this game. I'm pretty sure we can wait, just take your time.

I for one rather wait for a near perfect project than to have a bad rushed one.

Reactions: Emerald_Gladiator

boubanana

Feb 13, 2018
Feb 1st: "I'm not releasing my translation for at least another month or two"
How fucking impatient are you? Shits free, doesn't need to be RIGHT on time.
Then he shouldn't have said it was ready because it wasn't, it's as simple as that. 2 months is a long time for something that was supposedly already done, that's it. Just because something is free doesn't mean I can't complain, because said thing was offered but not delivered. Call me entitled or whatever, but don't offer something if you're not gonna actually share it, don't play with people's expectations.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: EstrangeNS