RPGM Complete [Translation request] Dr. Maria expedition [RJ436879] [銘菓!エンゼルまんじゅう]

EstrangeNS

Aug 31, 2021
I'll say this as respectfully as I can. (rant)

If you're not a fellow translator, you can't possibly know how long it takes or how difficult it is to translate a game, especially one that is either complicated or text-lengthy. And given this one is both, you'd understand that it takes a toll on you, not just physically, but emotionally. That's exactly why I'm going to add to the drama by explaining why your post frustrated me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'll just say exactly what I write in every one of my translation notes' prefaces: I'm just one single ordinary guy with a day job, doing this in my spare time. I don't beg for donations. I'm not a professional. I'm doing this because I believe that I can help this community and hope it inspires others. I'm doing this for free and until now, I don't answer to trolls. I'm a god damn person, not a translation machine and it makes me sick when pathetic, small people treat others like that.

I'll delete this post after I upload my translation, but if a mod is reading this, you can feel free to remove this tangential diatribe as it merely serves to express my inner sorrow. For the rest of you random strangers who are reading this, I truly apologize and hope you can believe that I'll upload when I can; I'm doing this for you. Thanks for your patience.
If you do end up posting the translation, might I recommend something?
Instead of posting it, DM it to all of the people who +1 the translation in the past, and any future accounts that aren't too newly made. This would keep it out of that dude's hands for at least a little bit, feels like the right amount of petty. Or just put a password on it.

Either way, You don't owe anyone here anything. That translation is you're hard work and time. No one here can demand that from you for free, or be bitter about it because you misjudged a date. I personally wouldn't be mad if you decided to never release it, in fact, I encourage it. :)

vomenh

Mar 1, 2020
Haven't been arround here for quite a time, but man, wtf, what do we have here? A parasite demand his position here? Maybe someone should just send him a straight up MTL... Anyway, really appreciate your work sir Emerald_Gladiator, your translation on Found Dead was awesome man

Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Alrighty folks. Thanks for your patience and your kind words. It's done.
Please enjoy and if anyone wants to make a game thread, you've got my blessing (just give me credit, heh).

Find the translation in my sig or on ULMF here:

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Please enjoy and if anyone wants to make a game thread, you've got my blessing (just give me credit, heh).

Nice work. I finished it way back when via MTool, but nice that other people now get to experience the game with a proper TL.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it's certainly one of the more polished RPGM experiences to come along recently.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, pretty sure it violates Rule 7. I even tagged it myself as such on ULMF.
Looks like your link doesn't work for that reason.
Oh well. The game's been uploaded to other H-game sites with my translation patch already applied, so at least someone's been following me here (or on ULMF). My translation's out there on the internet anyway, so I guess that's all that matters.
Back to work.

sleepy95

Nov 18, 2020

I haven't played it yet, just want to say thank you very much for your hard work and passion for this community. May God bless you!

Reactions: Emerald_Gladiator

EmptyNull

Apr 21, 2018
Had to upload the .doc file to an online website to read it. Haven't installed document software for ages :ROFLMAO:

On a related note, What do those +affinity% effects on some weapons do?

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Had to upload the .doc file to an online website to read it. Haven't installed document software for ages :ROFLMAO:

On a related note, What do those +affinity% effects on some weapons do?
Really? I use MS Word/LibreOffice and/or Notepad++ on a regular basis. Oh well.

As far as I know, Affinity increases damage, but that's only speculation. That's a great question. I think that might be something I may have mistranslated (or should clarify) if someone wants to investigate further.

Jackboxer97

Jul 23, 2019
Really? I use MS Word/LibreOffice and/or Notepad++ on a regular basis. Oh well.

As far as I know, Affinity increases damage, but that's only speculation. That's a great question. I think that might be something I may have mistranslated (or should clarify) if someone wants to investigate further.
I just read the readme andd didnt start the game yet but thank you for going out of your way in translating this. You genuinely deserve the praise for making the effort.

Reactions: Emerald_Gladiator

Emerald_Gladiator

Jun 9, 2017
Oh nice, missed that it didn't get a game thread because of R7. Usually I just assume TL threads without game threads means it hasn't gotten a TL yet lol.
Yeah, I was pretty bummed it wouldn't go past mods (understandably so).
But most other H download sites uploaded the game with my translation patch anyway, so I guess you can find it from there too.