RPGM [Translation Request][Gajumaru]My Condolences, But the Hero has Become a Girl

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
After a specific request, here's an edited SugoiV4 MTL for the version shared by whisper25

This is running on an ancient VX version. As a result I had to do a lot of manual edits to the scripts to get it running.
Because of that crashes caused by typos are likely, please save often.
This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

Known issues:
Picture based text not translated.
Some small parts of menus not translated. (It's an absolute mess in the scripts.)
Some Map choice boxes might be untranslated, if you see that happening please screenshot the area and I'll fix it.

Changelog:
1.1: Remade all Maps, made more edits to the scripts.
1.2: Changed armor classifications.

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to decrypt/extract the game first. Extraction Tutorial
Then you can just extract the SLRMTL to your game folder and overwrite.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:
Reactions: whisper25

whisper25

Mar 10, 2021
After a specific request, here's an edited SugoiV4 MTL for the version shared by whisper25

This is running on an ancient VX version. As a result I had to do a lot of manual edits to the scripts to get it running.
Because of that crashes caused by typos are likely, please save often.
This is not a proofread format, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

Known issues:
Picture based text not translated.
Some small parts of menus not translated. (It's an absolute mess in the scripts.)

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to decrypt/extract the game first. Extraction Tutorial
Then you can just extract the SLRMTL to your game folder and overwrite.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.
Whooaaa... that was fast. Thank you!

whisper25

Mar 10, 2021
Ok. So here first two issues i found:

Issue 1. Going to town map doesn't work.
This shows up:
error.png

I tried to get there from different maps and it always doesn't work. It seems the translated map itself cannot be loaded. I provided different ways to get this error, but you may need only one so skip to issue 2 if only "Way A" is enough of an explanation.

How to get an error:
Way A:
- Load save number 4.
- Move character to the bottom to teleport to town map.
- You should be teleported to town map but the game breaks.
This is continuation of my save that I had before the game translation. I thought that this might be an issue, so I tried to create completely new game. And that gets us to...
Way B:
- Load save number 5.
- Move character to circle.
- Click through text.
Based on that I think that loading saves from untranslated version doesn't break the game. Since my writing about "town map" might not explain which map it is, lets do this:
Way C:
- Load save number 2.
- Surprise, you are on a town map!
But that is not a town map from a game files, but untranslated map from the save. To check that move left until you reach crossroad in green area and then move up, to find characters that speak untranslated japanese. When you go to a different map, this new map will be translated. When you go back to town map it is translated version from game files and it breaks.
Here is how to do it:

- Load save number 2.
- Move right to stairs.
- Go back.
- You should be teleported back to translated town map, but the game breaks.

Issue 2. Text from quest log is getting cut.
This one is much less important then previous one, I don't know if I should even post it, as it might be too much work to edit everything. How to get it:
- Load save numer 4.
- Go to menu (Esc).
- Choose this option
quest log 1.png
- You are in quest log, every entry is a different quest. Choose this quest:
quest log 2.png
- It should look like this:
quest log 3.png
I guess editing every quest is probably too much work, but maybe there is a way to lower font size for a whole quest log? That would help somewhat.

There is also a good news. I checked briefly first ten dungeon levels that I unlocked. Fight works well, and nothing else seem to bug out. If issue 1 can be solved, then game should be quite playable already. Translation is not enough to fully enjoy story (its MTL so it's understandable), but you can progress game in a way that you at least know what you are doing.

Lately I don't have enough free time, and next weekend there is Easter holiday, so I might not be able to check this forum. Around 15th April I should have enough time to play game and write here.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Ok. So here first two issues i found:

Issue 1. Going to town map doesn't work.
This shows up:
View attachment 2521137

I tried to get there from different maps and it always doesn't work. It seems the translated map itself cannot be loaded. I provided different ways to get this error, but you may need only one so skip to issue 2 if only "Way A" is enough of an explanation.

How to get an error:
Way A:
- Load save number 4.
- Move character to the bottom to teleport to town map.
This is continuation of my save that I had before the game translation. I thought that this might be an issue, so I tried to create completely new game. And that gets us to...
Way B:
- Load save number 5.
- Move character to circle.
- Click through text.
Based on that I think that loading saves from untranslated version doesn't break the game. Since my writing about "town map" might not explain which map it is, lets do this:
Way C:
- Load save number 2.
- Surprise, you are on a town map!
But that is not a town map from a game files, but untranslated map from the save. To check that move left until you reach crossroad in green area and then move up, to find characters that speak untranslated japanese. When you go to a different map, this new map will be translated. When you go back to town map it is translated version from game files and it breaks.
Here is how to do it:

- Load save number 2.
- Move right to stairs.
- Go back.
- You should be teleported back to translated town map, but the game breaks.

Issue 2. Text from quest log is getting cut.
This one is much less important then previous one, I don't know if I should even post it, as it might be too much work to edit everything. How to get it:
- Load save numer 4.
- Go to menu (Esc).
- Choose this option
View attachment 2521291
- You are in quest log, every entry is a different quest. Choose this quest:
View attachment 2521308
- It should look like this:
View attachment 2521309
I guess editing every quest is probably too much work, but maybe there is a way to lower font size for a whole quest log? That would help somewhat.

There is also a good news. I checked briefly first ten dungeon levels that I unlocked. Fight works well, and nothing else seem to bug out. If issue 1 can be solved, then game should be quite playable already. Translation is not enough to fully enjoy story (its MTL so it's understandable), but you can progress game in a way that you at least know what you are doing.

Lately I don't have enough free time, and next weekend there is Easter holiday, so I might not be able to check this forum. Around 15th April I should have enough time to play game and write here.
Please try again with SLRMTL1.1.
https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...he-hero-has-become-a-girl.78012/post-10431034

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I did a quick check and it seems doesn't bug out anymore (I tried to enter town map from many different places). Also either quest log window got bigger or font there got smaller. Either way quest text is now more visible. Thank you.
I've removed the format line breaks from the questlog (Those spaces between sections meant to make it look more tidy) and slightly reduced overall font size.
I could reduce size further, or change the font type to a more condensed version, if it still cuts off somewhere.
In general if you want to see something specific changed/improved I'll try to do it.
Thank you for the rations.

Last edited:
Reactions: whisper25

whisper25

Mar 10, 2021
Ok, so here is another issue. For some reason skill books that were equipable in "Ancient Documents" slot cannot be equiped there anymore, but you need equip them in a "Shield" slot instead. While this is not game breaking issue i makes game harder and more grindy, bacause you are forced to choose between defensive items and learning skills, and you cannot equip anything in "Ancient Documents" slot which makes you weaker. I provided a save - here how to see the issue:
- load a save
- go to menu
- then "equipment"
- choose "female adventurer"
- go to "equipment change"
You will see that there is "A grimoire (interference)" equiped in a "Ancient Document" slot where it should be, but it is only there because this is a save from before translation. If you remove "A grimoire (interference)" from "Ancient Document" slot you will not be able to equip it there again. Instead if you go into "Shield" slot it will apear there along with other skillbooks I have that should go to "Ancient Documents" slot, and other items that are meant to go into a "Shield" slot.
Additionally, as you load a save you are inside an only shop that sells skillbooks. Just talk to clerk and choose "Purchase skills" then a type of skills, and then choose a skillbook. There is not problem here, I just wrote it as a way to see all skillbooks I have unlocked.

I also started a new game. I completed first 3 levels of dungeon (you could call them first 3 chapters), and did not run into serious issues, until I unlocked skillbooks at the start of 4th level.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Ok, so here is another issue. For some reason skill books that were equipable in "Ancient Documents" slot cannot be equiped there anymore, but you need equip them in a "Shield" slot instead. While this is not game breaking issue i makes game harder and more grindy, bacause you are forced to choose between defensive items and learning skills, and you cannot equip anything in "Ancient Documents" slot which makes you weaker. I provided a save - here how to see the issue:
- load a save
- go to menu
- then "equipment"
- choose "female adventurer"
- go to "equipment change"
You will see that there is "A grimoire (interference)" equiped in a "Ancient Document" slot where it should be, but it is only there because this is a save from before translation. If you remove "A grimoire (interference)" from "Ancient Document" slot you will not be able to equip it there again. Instead if you go into "Shield" slot it will apear there along with other skillbooks I have that should go to "Ancient Documents" slot, and other items that are meant to go into a "Shield" slot.
Additionally, as you load a save you are inside an only shop that sells skillbooks. Just talk to clerk and choose "Purchase skills" then a type of skills, and then choose a skillbook. There is not problem here, I just wrote it as a way to see all skillbooks I have unlocked.

I also started a new game. I completed first 3 levels of dungeon (you could call them first 3 chapters), and did not run into serious issues, until I unlocked skillbooks at the start of 4th level.
It should be fixed in SLRMTL1.2.
I had to change the armor class for every individual item.
I have no idea why the dev did it like that instead of using the normal equipment system. :confused:
Maybe a limitation of the old VX version he was using.

whisper25

Mar 10, 2021
It should be fixed in SLRMTL1.2.
I had to change the armor class for every individual item.
I have no idea why the dev did it like that instead of using the normal equipment system. :confused:
Maybe a limitation of the old VX version he was using.
Skill books now work as intended. As always, thank you very much!

KaraKaraWitch

Jul 10, 2022
Apologizes if I'm necroing. But I bought the game as for some reason, I have enough DLsite points and it's on sale so I might as well. I've uploaded it to . I haven't checked what's the difference between whisper25's version.