RPGM [Translation Request] HENTAI QUEST ~The Female Hero & Her Good For Nothing Party~

slutseeler

Jul 1, 2020
Here's a MTL prototype for the Hentai Quest version shared by inkbaloba (folder says v1.02, game files call it v1.01)
https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...her-good-for-nothing-party.31361/post-3768628

Known issues:
Currently only about ~95% of the game is translated and a lot of it is horrible gibberish, because the Japanese is already written in gibberish.
Mostly missing are the choice boxes because I haven't figured out how they work yet. (they always seem to stay Japanese for some reason)
Also some character names. (I can't find them)
Text might run off screen. (I'm trying to get a more compact font but the game isn't cooperating yet.)

This is not the type of game you can just batch translate and expect to work,
If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Adding a save just before the problem occurs would also greatly increase the speed of the fixing process.

Installation:
To extract and play the game properly you might need to switch your system locale to Japanese(Japan) or use another locale method.
Before you can apply the MTL you need to extract and then move or delete the "Game.rgss3a".
You can do this using the rpgmaker "All Decrypter". I will add a version as attachment.
Just run the "RPG Maker Decrypter.exe" and choose the "Game.rgss3a". Then move the newly created folders from the "Extract" folder to your game folder and then move or delete the "Game.rgss3a".
Start the game once to confirm this step worked correctly before merging my MTL into it.

Changelog:
0.1: Initial release
0.2: Added many more translations
Is there a reason why you haven't uploaded MTL version of this to the site yet? I have played a couple of hours and it has been pretty good so far. With the exception of a couple of audio files and a character file missing from the mega upload.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Is there a reason why you haven't uploaded MTL version of this to the site yet? I have played a couple of hours and it has been pretty good so far. With the exception of a couple of audio files and a character file missing from the mega upload.
What do you mean?
If you mean why I haven't uploaded a pre-applied, version to be used in a game thread:
That is because this is only a Google-Translate MTL and doesn't even cover the entire game. You would get pretty much the same result by just using the MTool auto-translator. (I didn't know that back then)

If you want I can revisit this and add the remaining google translations, so this is a bit better than just using MTool,
but then I'm still not a huge fan of making a game thread with that (although if someone else does, I don't have a problem with it), because it will just be a mess of entitled kids screaming at me how the thing they got for free isn't perfect enough, and how a shitty MTL existing is totally the only thing preventing someone to take months, if not years, of their life to provide them with a proper translation for free instead. :HideThePain:

Last edited:

slutseeler

Jul 1, 2020
What do you mean?
If you mean why I haven't uploaded a pre-applied, version to be used in a game thread:
That is because this is only a Google-Translate MTL and doesn't even cover the entire game. You would get pretty much the same result by just using the MTool auto-translator. (I didn't know that back then)

If you want I can revisit this and add the remaining google translations, so this is a bit better than just using MTool,
(I cannot do edited DeepL translations anymore, because greed took over, and the tool I was using is now riddled with drm to try to make people pay money)
but then I'm still not a huge fan of making a game thread with that (although if someone else does, I don't have a problem with it), because it will just be a mess of entitled kids screaming at me how the thing they got for free isn't perfect enough, and how a shitty MTL existing is totally the only thing preventing someone to take months, if not years, of their life to provide them with a proper translation for free instead. :HideThePain:
That's very understandable, but anyways thank you for giving us a way to play through the game in english even if it's MTL.

Reactions: Rize

Banality

Jun 16, 2021
What do you mean?

You are a hero we don't deserve. Thumbs up