RPGM [Translation Request] Midnight Exhibition JK 2

LuckH

Jun 12, 2017
yes! just try to fix the most you can and release the translation where the game doesn't crash. machine translation is better than not translation at all
I played enough to get the first 2 endings, and the game didnt crash and the gallery works. So I think all the major bugs are taken care off. I will try to get rid of the random jp characters from the dialogs on my way to 100% and maybe revise some of the mtl, but its probably gonna take maybe 1-2 weeks.

If anyone wanna play the game as is I can upload the patch on mega or something.

kaksois

Oct 29, 2018
I played enough to get the first 2 endings, and the game didnt crash and the gallery works. So I think all the major bugs are taken care off. I will try to get rid of the random jp characters from the dialogs on my way to 100% and maybe revise some of the mtl, but its probably gonna take maybe 1-2 weeks.

If anyone wanna play the game as is I can upload the patch on mega or something.
Yeah uploaad it on mega.

Reactions: Carion_Crow

LuckH

Jun 12, 2017
Ok so, took me a while to post this because I found another annoying bug where the name of the Characters other than the MC would appear as undefined. I think now I (hopefully) fixed all major bugs and edited out the majority of untranslated characters in the text. Didnt actually edit the translation apart from the unstraslated stuff tho. The MTL translation however is complete, except for the in game menu, have no idea where the text for that is hidden.

I dont know If I can upload the full already patched game folder, so here is the data folder to patch the game. The version I have came boxed so I had to unpack it to acess the files, so if anyone has trouble using the patch and its alright to upload the game folder I can put it on mega later.

Also if theres enough interest I can start editing the MTL to a slightly better english on the side of the other game I'm trying to translate for myself.

KiraMantis

Jun 27, 2019
Ok so, took me a while to post this because I found another annoying bug where the name of the Characters other than the MC would appear as undefined. I think now I (hopefully) fixed all major bugs and edited out the majority of untranslated characters in the text. Didnt actually edit the translation apart from the unstraslated stuff tho. The MTL translation however is complete, except for the in game menu, have no idea where the text for that is hidden.

I dont know If I can upload the full already patched game folder, so here is the data folder to patch the game. The version I have came boxed so I had to unpack it to acess the files, so if anyone has trouble using the patch and its alright to upload the game folder I can put it on mega later.

Also if theres enough interest I can start editing the MTL to a slightly better english on the side of the other game I'm trying to translate for myself.
NICE! hey man that very nice of you. you should try the other games by the circle, they are very short, no complicated stuff and upload it. THANKS!

LuckH

Jun 12, 2017
NICE! hey man that very nice of you. you should try the other games by the circle, they are very short, no complicated stuff and upload it. THANKS!
I decided to MTL games that nobody picked and I really wanted to play, and thought Why not share it,someone might use it. so Thanks too.

And I'll at least translate/Mtl jk at the beach from the same circle at some point, if nobody does it

Reactions: r8e1v

Bearded_NoPants

Skin as brittle and thin as dry rice paper
Donor
Jan 12, 2020
I'm guessing +1 means I'm also asking for a translation?
in that case

+1

Also if you have finished translating the game, FOR THE LOVE OF THE HENTAI GODDESS PLEASE POST IT!

Reactions: Fat face

Shiv000

Mar 8, 2018

Hey thanks for the patch...how to I unpack the game so I can apply it?

would it be possible if u release a pre patched version?

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
Hey thanks for the patch...how to I unpack the game so I can apply it?

would it be possible if u release a pre patched version?
If you really do still want to unpack the executable so you can try this translation out, use the Enigma Virtual Box Unpacker. Then extract and overwrite the data folder LuckH shared with the one created inside the new www folder the Unpacker should've made.

A lot of name fields were broken and some text goes off-screen. Additionally, LuckH was unaware that the JavaScript folder and its files also contain text that is displayed in-game, hence why some commands remain untranslated (their names are in plugins.js, usually after CommandName, i.e.- CGギャラリー, and some further text is inside the files contained withing the plugins folder). Still, beggars can't be choosers, so some translation is better than none, right?

But boy do I wish RPG Maker MV developers would stop adding and using the Chronus.js plugin, since they can't seem to hold back on using its image overlay to represent night-time which slows the heck out of my setup. This game doesn't even really need it, as far as I can tell- it's always Midnight!

Edit: Found a bug that I assume is also in the original: Common Event 0033 is missing a Conditional check to let players see (and therefore add to the reminiscence gallery) Common Event 0160 a.k.a. Exposure Event 20. I'll keep playing to look for any other such errors and advise on how to fix them for both the original and the MTL version.

Last edited:
Reactions: LuckH

Shiv000

Mar 8, 2018
If you really do still want to unpack the executable so you can try this translation out, use the Enigma Virtual Box Unpacker. Then extract and overwrite the data folder LuckH shared with the one created inside the new www folder the Unpacker should've made.

A lot of name fields were broken and some text goes off-screen. Additionally, LuckH was unaware that the JavaScript folder and its files also contain text that is displayed in-game, hence why some commands remain untranslated (their names are in plugins.js, usually after CommandName, i.e.- CGギャラリー, and some further text is inside the files contained withing the plugins folder). Still, beggars can't be choosers, so some translation is better than none, right?

But boy do I wish RPG Maker MV developers would stop adding and using the Chronus.js plugin, since they can't seem to hold back on using its image overlay to represent night-time which slows the heck out of my setup. This game doesn't even really need it, as far as I can tell- it's always Midnight!

Edit: Found a bug that I assume is also in the original: Common Event 0033 is missing a Conditional check to let players see (and therefore add to the reminiscence gallery) Common Event 0160 a.k.a. Exposure Event 20. I'll keep playing to look for any other such errors and advise on how to fix them for both the original and the MTL version.
Thanks so much for the help buddy...managed to get it working, the unpacker was really good!

Reactions: Chingonerio

LuckH

Jun 12, 2017
@Chingonerio
Thanks for helping, it seems I stopped receiving email notifications for some reason. Yeah I left the scripts js alone on purpose, as it completely broke another game I was trying to translate in parallel (Narukami occult club). I know it was a pretty sloopy job and I intend to a better one even if just so I can enjoy it more, but something made me go back to actually learning japanese so I'm focusing tottaly on that now. I was actually going to upload the unpacked game but I forgot lol, sorry for that.

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
Alright, done playing through. Only really found the one glitch, so I've decided to post how to fix them at the bottom of this post, and I'll share a guide of sorts also.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Chingonerio

Oct 1, 2017
So... Anyone gonna do the forum a solid and post a translated version? Some of us only have two brain cells to rub together and I don't want to start a fire. Please?
I think the standard procedure when an acceptable (?) English translation appears is to make a Request Thread in the subforum that links to both the original game's details and the location of the translation in question, and hope the staff approve and then get one of the current uploaders to prepare mirrors for the thread. Been a while since I even tried to make or look for a request thread, though, so I could be wrong.

I can't upload worth squat due to both my current computer and internet, so: Sorry I can't help beyond guide-writing and troubleshooting.