[Translation Request] Nasty Fallen Hero Karen

sssaaacccddd

Oct 5, 2017
Nope. I've been busy IRL and with some other projects. Spent way too long trying to figure out a way to word wrap intelligently around the different sized dialogue boxes this game uses, and should have just spent that project time on translation. Live and learn.
Thanks for your brilliant work! Any progress on this project recently?

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Thanks for your brilliant work! Any progress on this project recently?
At this point I've abandoned this game. There are some technical issues I just can't be bothered to solve and the game didn't have the replay value for me to be worth putting in the effort to translate manually.

Reactions: KarylSummer

tf8869

Sep 19, 2021
At this point I've abandoned this game. There are some technical issues I just can't be bothered to solve and the game didn't have the replay value for me to be worth putting in the effort to translate manually.
Too bad, after the last update of the translation is well advanced. Good work

Benun

Mar 31, 2022
To move diagonally, what do you have to press, because the game tutor said you have to press and hold W

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Picking this one up
There are some technical problems with translating this game to know before you try. Enemy names and some values that are usually safe to translate are used by scripts elsewhere and cause problems in the minigames. Some of the overview is here. There is also no effective way to determine whether the game uses the normal or the speech bubble text box, leading to word wrapping issues that don't seem to be resolved with YEP_MessageCore adjustments.

My old translation also has some translated image files that were provided by X_Death, in case you want to add those they're attached.

• Red Heart
Reactions: dazedanon

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
There are some technical problems with translating this game to know before you try. Enemy names and some values that are usually safe to translate are used by scripts elsewhere and cause problems in the minigames. Some of the overview is here. There is also no effective way to determine whether the game uses the normal or the speech bubble text box, leading to word wrapping issues that don't seem to be resolved with YEP_MessageCore adjustments.

My old translation also has some translated image files that were provided by X_Death, in case you want to add those they're attached.
All good information to know, thank you.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017

Do you by any chance know where this untranslated text is? Part of the picture I guess?

1692316222469.png

Reactions: Nick_1357

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Game is banned under rule 7 BTW.
I remember back when brokendivision's broken MTL was uploaded, then my half-baked MTL was uploaded when it was obvious that brokendivision's was completely broken. People were so fucking mad about the MTL quality, and the bugginess, and it was such a shit show. Only for it to eventually get banned. Big sad.

Do you by any chance know where this untranslated text is? Part of the picture I guess?

View attachment 2859244
No, it's dynamic text. It's handled in one of the plugin files, but I can't remember which one. Almost all of the Nore_[Something].js plugins have translatable text, plus there's a lot in plugins.js.

As I mentioned, the game was a nightmare to translate.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I remember back when brokendivision's broken MTL was uploaded, then my half-baked MTL was uploaded when it was obvious that brokendivision's was completely broken. People were so fucking mad about the MTL quality, and the bugginess, and it was such a shit show. Only for it to eventually get banned. Big sad.
Yeah, I always feel bad when a translation that people put time into (MTL or otherwise) gets banned. Yeah, it will get uploaded elsewhere before that but still I imagine it's a kick in the teeth for the person who sunk time into it just to see it get axed.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017

No, it's dynamic text. It's handled in one of the plugin files, but I can't remember which one. Almost all of the Nore_[Something].js plugins have translatable text, plus there's a lot in plugins.js.

As I mentioned, the game was a nightmare to translate.
Yeah that's the only text for the life of me I can't find. VSCode is always good with sniffing text out. I wonder if it's hidden in a file that's not a json or js. :unsure:

Edit: Might be this actually now that I think about it. I have no idea why it's in this format.

1692373391793.png

Edit 2:
At least GPT sort of understands it in that form :ROFLMAO:

1692373561939.png

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Yeah that's the only text for the life of me I can't find. VSCode is always good with sniffing text out. I wonder if it's hidden in a file that's not a json or js. :unsure:

Edit: Might be this actually now that I think about it. I have no idea why it's in this format.

View attachment 2860650

Edit 2:
At least GPT sort of understands it in that form :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2860665
I didn't know machine translation could give me PTSD but seeing that gave me flashbacks. Yeah, for some reason the plugin engine of RPGM rendered it all in unicode escape characters instead of the Japanese text, even though it can encode in UTF-16. I'm glad ChatGPT can understand it, because DeepL certainly couldn't, and I needed to add a new segment into my workflow to re-encode them.

• Haha
Reactions: dazedanon