Others [Translation Request] Oyako x Shuffle! ~Natsuyasumi, W Oyako no Icha Icha Houimou~

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
Only that ?
There are different tools for repacking of scripts of different engines but usually VNTextPatch can be used to import script from that files to a xlsx or json file that makes the translation easier.
For repacking of script to patch the game distinct tools are used like for cyberworks engine CYSYSTEMARC.exe is used,
for atelier kaguya there are kaguya_tools, for tmrhiroadv engine pacmanager can be used and many more.

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
Only that ?
Here is the MLT I did For AKUMERU X FAMILY some minutes ago--

Don't expect quality because it's google translate also I have fixed the wordwarping so text will not go out of bound and I have fixed the repetition of words letter like Ahhhhh X infinte time, BUT IT"S STILL UNEDITED.

Nameless1305

Feb 17, 2024
Here is the MLT I did For AKUMERU X FAMILY some minutes ago--

Don't expect quality because it's google translate also I have fixed the wordwarping so text will not go out of bound and I have fixed the repetition of words letter like Ahhhhh X infinte time, BUT IT"S STILL UNEDITED.
Bro, sorry to bother you, but do you have a guide on how to learn to translate novels?

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
Bro, sorry to bother you, but do you have a guide on how to learn to translate novels?
There is nothing to be bothered about,
Different visual novel uses different types of engine and every engine have different tools, the tools that are needed to unpack the resources of game and pack them back, When it comes to script of the game Vntranslationtools is the best option as it support many different engines, you can import the script to json or xlsx format then translate it and then pack it with the tools required.

But if you need to know about a specific engine it might be too much to write here
You can pm me, I'll help you with what I can .

Nameless1305

Feb 17, 2024
There is nothing to be bothered about,
Different visual novel uses different types of engine and every engine have different tools, the tools that are needed to unpack the resources of game and pack them back, When it comes to script of the game Vntranslationtools is the best option as it support many different engines, you can import the script to json or xlsx format then translate it and then pack it with the tools required.

But if you need to know about a specific engine it might be too much to write here
You can pm me, I'll help you with what I can .
I'm interested in the kirikiri engine, what tools should I use?

HOKORI SAMA

Modder
Dec 18, 2022
I'm interested in the kirikiri engine, what tools should I use?
There are many tools available for kirikiri engine like if the game is not encrypted you can simply extract it with any kirikiri unpacker like KAGTools or if the game is encrypted you can use garbro to select the encryption method then extract it, repacking can be done with garbro as well so you need not to worry about where to find tools, Kirikiri engine game files can be both unpacked and repacked with garbro.

For script you can extract the scenario folder of data.xp3 archive the
Scenario folder contains .ks or .scn files that are plain text files so you can extract
Just directly commit the changes in the file but I advise you to use Vntranslationtools to import the files text to .xlsx file as it makes easier to translate. If you need to edit menu and cg's you can just extract the images and edit them directly because most of the kirikiri engine uses .png as images so there no need to worry about converting the image in png then convert it to the format the game uses.
Also some kirikiri engine uses .tlg as images and I have got no clue about it even though I tried to convert the png images back to tlg it didn't worked out.

To make a patch for the game without making changes to any original file you can just create the new xp3 archive as patch.xp3 and the game will accept it to overwrite the original files in most cases.

If you have got any more question, then please be specific next time as I have wrote mostly everything you need to know to translate a kirikiri game.

Also as this thread is not meant for tutorials you should PM me next time otherwise you can mention me in a thread of tools and tutorials.

Nameless1305

Feb 17, 2024
There are many tools available for kirikiri engine like if the game is not encrypted you can simply extract it with any kirikiri unpacker like KAGTools or if the game is encrypted you can use garbro to select the encryption method then extract it, repacking can be done with garbro as well so you need not to worry about where to find tools, Kirikiri engine game files can be both unpacked and repacked with garbro.

For script you can extract the scenario folder of data.xp3 archive the
Scenario folder contains .ks or .scn files that are plain text files so you can extract
Just directly commit the changes in the file but I advise you to use Vntranslationtools to import the files text to .xlsx file as it makes easier to translate. If you need to edit menu and cg's you can just extract the images and edit them directly because most of the kirikiri engine uses .png as images so there no need to worry about converting the image in png then convert it to the format the game uses.
Also some kirikiri engine uses .tlg as images and I have got no clue about it even though I tried to convert the png images back to tlg it didn't worked out.

To make a patch for the game without making changes to any original file you can just create the new xp3 archive as patch.xp3 and the game will accept it to overwrite the original files in most cases.

If you have got any more question, then please be specific next time as I have wrote mostly everything you need to know to translate a kirikiri game.

Also as this thread is not meant for tutorials you should PM me next time otherwise you can mention me in a thread of tools and tutorials.
Thank you very much bro and sorry, I'm new here, I'll also be waiting for your guide for the other engines :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HOKORI SAMA