Wolf RPG [Translation Request] Princess Colosseum

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I was confused that after so long, for a game so highly reviewed in japan, not even someone on ULMF has made a mere MTL. I am no longer confused and now hate this game with every fiber of my being. This is by far the worst project I ever worked on.

Here's a MTL prototype for Princess Colosseum v2.08.

Known issues:
Certain arena dialogue is not translated because that breaks post arena events making you unable to progress.
Characters in the arena get stuck repeating the same line forever for whatever reason.
It's not proper English, some translations might be outright broken and make no sense at all.
You may need to restore the original Japanese files to progress once in a while because event sequencing "can" be broken. But you should be able to review those events in english after unlocking them in the gallery.
(the game files are a complete mess, if I remove translations until everything works, everything is Japanese again.)

Cleanreboot.zip is my current rework trying to translate everything but it's not working properly because translator++ is not writing the files correctly and i haven't found another editor for the wolfrpgmaker ".dat" files yet (notepad++ doesn't work either).

Installation:
You may need to switch your system locale to Japanese(Japan) in order to extract/play it properly.
Correct game version can be found here:
(zippy is blocked in the EU, you might need a vpn)
In order to apply the translation you need to extract and then get rid of the "Data.wolf". You can do this using the touhouSE v1.25a that I have also added as an attachment. (or anything else that can extract ".wolf" files)
Simply drag the "Data.wolf" on the "touhouSE.exe". It will create a folder called "data". Copy this folder into your game folder and then delete or move the "Data.wolf". Start the game once to make sure that step worked correctly before applying the MTL. Then just merge my MTL into it.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

sportsfan30

Apr 2, 2019
I was confused that after so long, for a game so highly reviewed in japan, not even someone on ULMF has made a mere MTL.
I am no longer confused and now hate this game with every fiber of my being.

Here's an awful partial MTL for what I believe to be Princess Colosseum v1.0.
I am probably going to translate more in the future (or jump off a bridge) but please don't expect fast progress.
Don't even think about running a batch translation on this, you will see more errors than your soul can take.

Known issues:
Only certain parts are translated, a lot of things are still Japanese (I didn't even do the main menu yet).
It's not proper English, some translations might be outright broken and make no sense at all.

In order to apply the translation you need to extract and then get rid of the "Data.wolf". You can do this using the touhouSE v1.25a that i will also add as an attachment. (or anything else that can extract ".wolf" files)
Simply drag the "Data.wolf" on the "touhouSE.exe". It will create a folder called "data". Copy this folder into your game folder and then delete or move the "Data.wolf". Start the game once to make sure that step worked correctly before applying the MTL. Then just merge my MTL into it.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened.
Yeah I took a look at this game but ran away screaming like a little girl after reviewing the extracting the files.

Glad to see someone with more courage take a shot at it. Good luck.

Loser4Ever

Apr 22, 2020
I was confused that after so long, for a game so highly reviewed in japan, not even someone on ULMF has made a mere MTL.
I am no longer confused and now hate this game with every fiber of my being.

Here's an awful partial MTL for what I believe to be Princess Colosseum v1.0.
I am probably going to translate more in the future (or jump off a bridge) but please don't expect fast progress.
Don't even think about running a batch translation on this, you will see more errors than your soul can take.

Known issues:
Only certain parts are translated (mostly general dialogue, most of the menus and combat is not)

In order to apply the translation you need to extract and then get rid of the "Data.wolf". You can do this using the touhouSE v1.25a that i will also add as an attachment. (or anything else that can extract ".wolf" files)

First of all thanks for the effort. Tried your MTL. Was unable to progress further than Shifil fight (the green haired one) since it seemed like the game would play both continuations of the fight. As in it would first play the scene where you won the fight and then it would play the scene where you lose and you'd get a game over.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
First of all thanks for the effort. Tried your MTL. Was unable to progress further than Shifil fight (the green haired one) since it seemed like the game would play both continuations of the fight. As in it would first play the scene where you won the fight and then it would play the scene where you lose and you'd get a game over.
I'll look into it. I was just so happy that the game would boot at all after I don't know how many attempts. That i just made that post without running extensive tests.
Fixing that might take me a bit though because I have to at least pretend to work right now. :KEK:

Edit: If you could provide a save directly before it breaks that would help me a lot.

Loser4Ever

Apr 22, 2020
I'll look into it. I was just so happy that the game would boot at all after I don't know how many attempts. That i just made that post without running extensive tests.
Fixing that might take me a bit though because I have to at least pretend to work right now. :KEK:

Edit: If you could provide a save directly before it breaks that would help me a lot.
Hopefully I'm doing this right. Save is right before the fight and I've used the save editor to add money but otherwise it should be normal. Also noticed that the woman at the bar is kinda buggy.

Reactions: Shisaye

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hopefully I'm doing this right. Save is right before the fight and I've used the save editor to add money but otherwise it should be normal. Also noticed that the woman at the bar is kinda buggy.
Thank you. Loading that save immediately got me 2 error messages pointing me towards stuff. I focussed on those for now. They are fixed in "MTL 0.2". I'll look at your actual reported problem tomorrow (no idea if it was/is connected to those errors).

Edit: Just saw another error pop up during the fight that is not fixed in 0.2. I'm looking into it.
Edit2: Fixed those combat events in "MTL 0.3". But I still don't know about your original problem because I keep loosing the fight. :KEK:

Last edited:
Reactions: Loser4Ever

Loser4Ever

Apr 22, 2020
Thank you. Loading that save immediately got me 2 error messages pointing me towards stuff. I focussed on those for now. They are fixed in "MTL 0.2". I'll look at your actual reported problem tomorrow (no idea if it was/is connected to those errors).

Edit: Just saw another error pop up during the fight that is not fixed in 0.2. I'm looking into it.
Edit2: Fixed those combat events in "MTL 0.3". But I still don't know about your original problem because I keep loosing the fight. :KEK:
Yeah kinda had to use cheat engine myself when fighting the boss.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Yeah kinda had to use cheat engine myself when fighting the boss.
I understand the problem now and I'm working on it. If only anything in these files would actually be sorted in a logical fashion though... The dev really didn't give a shit.
Edit: Solving that one just showed me new problems. This game is such a fucking mess.
Edit2: I'm at a full roadblock. This just doesn't make any sense to me right now. i know exactly which lines break the combat outcomes but i just cannot tell any issue with them. they do not have any broken commands or whatever.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I'm pretty much at a loss on progress right now.
I'll present an example for the problems:

One of the lines that break the post combat sequence is:
in commonevent/906 line 85
original:
@1
司会
「二人とも本気で驚いてますね!?
 彼が勝ち上がることが、
 そんなに予想外だったのでしょうか!?」
translated version:
@1
「Both are really surprised !?
He could win
Was it so unexpected! !?」

but at the same time in the same commonevent/906 line 87
original:
@1
司会
「ううむ、私には全く分かりませんが……」
translated version:
@1
「Um, I don't know at all ...」

or line 90
original:
@1
司会
「さて、姫様達も彼には期待してるということで、
 我々も彼の今後には注目していきたいですね!」
translated version:
@1
「Well, the princesses are also expecting him,
We also want to keep an eye on his future!」

Do not break anything(I know about). That's working just fine.

What on earth am i missing here?

Edit: Sure through massive amounts of trial and error i could find all the "cursed" lines and get the partial working but then those dialogue bits aren't translated and there has to be some logic to it. There has to be, this can't really be this stupid ...right?
Edit2: Concerning the Sifil post combat sequence the "cursed" lines in commonevent/906 are 72, 74, 77, 82 and 85.
It's just people talking. They are not in a row. They are not the same person. They do not use the same expressions. They are not of similar length.
I can see absolutely no pattern. (I just found them by adding a line, starting the game and testing the defeat sequence over and over again)
Edit3: Okay "maybe" progress. I just noticed that the exact same dialogue connected to the sifil event is repeated in commonevent/786 .
Edit4: nvm now im just even more confused. while 906 and 786 seem to be the key to gettign the defeat to show properly even completely without both winning still doesn't work.
The fact that i have to do the entire battle each time i test is mildly annoying.

Edit5: I'm just gonna remove all arena processing for now so at least the other parts of the MTL can be used.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick_1357

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Okay I'm finally onto something. things are getting repeated over and over again in the files. If i translate every single occurrence exactly the same way it doesn't seem to break anymore.
In 0.5 now translated the opening menu, all skill cards and all skill card descriptions (during combat). Next gonna work on the other menus but i need a lil break right now.

Edit: Breaks and sleeping are overrated. In 0.6 Translated most menus and all items now. (missing system and options menu because theyre a bit annoying)
Edit2: Since i know what i'm doing now, i will skip the next small updates and make a proper full MTL 1.0 release.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Okay finished the first "proper" version now. Everything except a few minor things should be translated and functional in "MTL 1.0". Ofc i couldn't fully test the entire game yet but it seems promising.
(im still gonna work on this)

Edit: forgot some stuff in the combat log and the tutorial messages gonna fix that in 1.01

Edit2: Done.

Last edited:

Loser4Ever

Apr 22, 2020
Okay finished the first "proper" version now. Everything except a few minor things should be translated and functional in "MTL 1.0". Ofc i couldn't fully test the entire game yet but it seems promising.
(im still gonna work on this)

Edit: forgot some stuff in the combat log and the tutorial messages gonna fix that in 1.01

Edit2: Done.
Thanks for the translation work you've done. Not sure if your "done" comment meant that you're fully done with the game but if not then there were a couple of things i noticed.

1. All of the main fight conversations before the fight were untranslated in this latest translation.
2. During the fights the enemy would repeat one of their lines every single turn. I'm thinking this is the reason why the black knight Euphoria fight is pretty broken.
3. I was unable to progress the woman in the bar questline, the vagrant daughter questline and the prostitute violet questline with the patch on. After I removed the patch they would work normally and after reapplying the translation they would be translated in the recollection menu.
4. Scene recollection menu is missing the fifth page when playing with translation. Maybe you didn't translate the latest version of the game?
4.5 Game crashes when interacting with the boat girl. Probably added in the latest update?

Edit: You also have to remove the patch to be able to play the facesitting minigame
Edit 2: Also have to remove the patch to be able to do the "special training"

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for the translation work you've done. Not sure if your "done" comment meant that you're fully done with the game but if not then there were a couple of things i noticed.

1. All of the main fight conversations before the fight were untranslated in this latest translation.
2. During the fights the enemy would repeat one of their lines every single turn. I'm thinking this is the reason why the black knight Euphoria fight is pretty broken.
3. I was unable to progress the woman in the bar questline, the vagrant daughter questline and the prostitute violet questline with the patch on. After I removed the patch they would work normally and after reapplying the translation they would be translated in the recollection menu.
4. Scene recollection menu is missing the fifth page when playing with translation. Maybe you didn't translate the latest version of the game?
4.5 Game crashes when interacting with the boat girl. Probably added in the latest update?
I just meant done with 1.01 (fixing the combat log). Obviously the MTL still needs a lot of work.

1.That's still because touching those breaks post combat events I'll retry to translate those in the future.
2.Can you go more into detail? what line is being repeated? and why does that break the fight?
3.What does unable to progress mean? is dialogue just not showing up? can you not interact with something? whats going on?
4.My MTL is for v1.0, I do not have any update. (I'm kinda surprised your game doesn't crash on startup if you try to use my MTL on a newer version)
4.5 Again im very surprised you can even start the game on a different version.

Since you're seemingly trying to use my MTL on a version it wasn't meant for I'm not entirely sure which of these things are "actually" broken.
If you could provide me with a link to a download page of some kind for the newest version, I could try to update the MTL for that.

Last edited:

Loser4Ever

Apr 22, 2020
I just meant done with 1.01 (fixing the combat log). Obviously the MTL still needs a lot of work.

1.That's still because touching those breaks post combat events I'll retry to translate those in the future.
2.Can you go more into detail? what line is being repeated? and why does that break the fight?
3.What does unable to progress mean? is dialogue just not showing up? can you not interact with something? whats going on?
4.My MTL is for v1.0, I do not have any update. (I'm kinda surprised your game doesn't crash on startup if you try to use my MTL on a newer version)
4.5 Again im very surprised you can even start the game on a different version.

Since you're trying seemingly to use my MTL on a version it wasn't meant for I'm not entirely sure which of these things are "actually" broken.
If you could provide me with a link to a download page of some kind for the newest version, I could try to update the MTL for that.
I just downloaded the from the dlsite:
There they say they added some content:
  • Jun/08/2020 Correction of typographical errorsBug fixesContent added
As for number 2, Euphoria keeps saying I broke her armor or something like that even when I didn't.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I just downloaded the from the dlsite:
There they say they added some content:
  • Jun/08/2020 Correction of typographical errorsBug fixesContent added
As for number 2, Euphoria keeps saying I broke her armor or something like that even when I didn't.
Oh no...
because hentaibedta and animesharing only had v1.0 I worked on that. Just found v2.05 on hentaisharing

I don't think I can just import. I think I'll have to redo the entire thing.

Please give me a few days...
cry.gif

Loser4Ever

Apr 22, 2020
Oh no...
because hentaibedta and animesharing only had v1.0 I worked on that. Just found 2.05 on hentaisharing

I don't think I can just import. I think I'll have to redo the entire thing.

Please give me a few days...
View attachment 1296297
Lol. No hurry. BTW latest version on dlsite seems to be 2.07 ( Currently ver2.07 as of 2020/10/24. ) Hopefully nothing too drastic changed.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Lol. No hurry. BTW latest version on dlsite seems to be 2.07 ( Currently ver2.07 as of 2020/10/24. ) Hopefully nothing too drastic changed.
i cannot find v2.07 anywhere... could you upload it somewhere? zippyshare, mega or something?
Edit: Latest is v2.08. I'm working on it but this is gonna take a while.
Edit2: For the very first time importing actually worked properly this will speed stuff up a lot. But i already have all kinds of fun new errors.
Edit3: im still incredibly confused how you managed to use my 1.0 mtl for this. this is advanced broken. :KEK:

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Finished (not properly tested) prototype for v2.08 and added a link for that version of the game. Probably less translated now than in the previous version for v1.00 but I will continue to work on it.