Wolf RPG [Translation Request] Princess Colosseum

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Finished "MTL 1.1". It's another attempt at translating the entire dialogue (including arena). Post arena events are probably broken again. I didn't have time to replay the game yet. If someone is bored please write me some detailed bug reports.

Edit: yep fully broken again... sigh
This time i made every occurence the same and it still doesn't work... Time for a few hours of trial and error.
Edit2: Found a formatting issue, doubt thats connected to the arena events but ill focus on that for now since its bad too.

Edit3: I have never had this many problems with a god damn MTL before, while it was a joke at first, I'm really starting to hate this game.

Edit4: got rid of most of the arena dialogue again this just isn't working at all. But even then they still keep repeating the same shit over and over now.
Im never working with wolf rpgmaker again. Fucking piece of shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: NineNein

NineNein

Jun 5, 2017
Finished "MTL 1.1". It's another attempt at translating the entire dialogue (including arena). Post arena events are probably broken again. I didn't have time to replay the game yet. If someone is bored please write me some detailed bug reports.

This time i made every occurence the same and it still doesn't work... Time for a few hours of trial and error.
Edit2: Found a formatting issue, doubt thats connected to the arena events but ill focus on that for now since its bad too.

Edit3: I have never had this many problems with a god damn MTL before, while it was a joke at first, I'm really starting to hate this game.

Edit4: got rid of most of the arena dialogue again this just isn't working at all. But even then they still keep repeating the same shit over and over now.
You made me wanna try to do make MTL on this game lol, anyway thanks for the effort

AHSDD

Feb 4, 2018

Um, I don´t know anything about translating or working with RPGMaker, but maybe some of the folk at ULMF can help you out? They have some really talented people there, and you deserve some help (hopefully) after all the hell that is translating this game.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Um, I don´t know anything about translating or working with RPGMaker, but maybe some of the folk at ULMF can help you out? They have some really talented people there, and you deserve some help (hopefully) after all the hell that is translating this game.
My best guess is that Translator++ is somehow screwing up and that's why things aren't in the positions they should be.
I noticed that when i only remove half of the arena translations, after getting defeated, before the broken post event starts, Sifil will suddenly say the second half of the message of the arena manager that should normally play after the victory event.

Edit: This is part of the problematic arena bits in notepad++:
Original:
original.jpg
Translated:
translated.jpg

Edit2: yeah im pretty convinced translator++ isn't writing shit correctly. completely redid the entire MTL (to rule out import errors) and nothing improved instead i found fun new problems that absolutely do not make sense if shit would be written correctly.
For example the game settings having the pubic hair option missing.
I wrote it like this in translator++:
\f[24] Moving speed
Avoid getting caught
QTE difficulty
Scene cut settings
Pubic hair options

original is shown as:
\f[24]移動速度
引っかかり回避
QTE難易度
シーンカット設定
陰毛オプション

Original in the files looks like this:
original.jpg
what's actually written by translator++ when exported is:
translated.jpg

Now i could manually edit all files to fix the translation but i just don't have the time for something this long and tedious right now. I have to leave from 18.07.21 to 25.07.21.
"Maybe" I'll do it afterwards but I'm just super annoyed right now about all the hours I wasted trying to find a mistake in my text when it was actually correct all along and just translator++ fucking shit up.

Edit: Seems like manually editing with notepad++ doesn't work either, at least not with my current setup. Even if i make no changes at all, if notepad++ produced the ".dat", the game crashes on startup.

Last edited:

NineNein

Jun 5, 2017
My best guess is that Translator++ is somehow screwing up and that's why things aren't in the positions they should be.
I noticed that when i only remove half of the arena translations, after getting defeated, before the broken post event starts, Sifil will suddenly say the second half of the message of the arena manager that should normally play after the victory event.

Edit: This is part of the problematic arena bits in notepad++:
Original:
View attachment 1300768
Translated:
View attachment 1300795

Edit2: yeah im pretty convinced translator++ isn't writing shit correctly. completely redid the entire MTL (to rule out import errors) and nothing improved instead i found fun new problems that absolutely do not make sense if shit would be written correctly.
For example the game settings having the pubic hair option missing.
I wrote it like this in translator++:
\f[24] Moving speed
Avoid getting caught
QTE difficulty
Scene cut settings
Pubic hair options

original is shown as:
\f[24]移動速度
引っかかり回避
QTE難易度
シーンカット設定
陰毛オプション

Original in the files looks like this:
View attachment 1301594
what's actually written by translator++ when exported is:
View attachment 1301595

Now i could manually edit all files to fix the translation but i just don't have the time for something this long and tedious right now. I have to leave from 18.07.21 to 25.07.21.
"Maybe" I'll do it afterwards but I'm just super annoyed right now about all the hours I wasted trying to find a mistake in my text when it was actually correct all along and just translator++ fucking shit up.

Edit: Seems like manually editing with notepad++ doesn't work either, at least not with my current setup. Even if i make no changes at all, if notepad++ produced the ".dat", the game crashes on startup.
Anyway, can you upload the .trans file? so maybe if you burned out I can continue your work after I finished my project.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Anyway, can you upload the .trans file? so maybe if you burned out I can continue your work after I finished my project.
The Issue is not that I'm burned out, It is that I literally do not know what to do.
Translator++(3.6.28_x64) is not writing the ".dat" files correctly so it doesn't seem to matter what you input, event sequencing and some menus break. Unlike "normal" rpgmaker files editing the files with notepad or notepad++ doesn't work either as it breaks the files. Also no luck trying to use the wolf rpg engine itself to edit it. It just refuses to read them. I asked a bunch of other people to take a look at it but no positive responses yet.

But sure here you go:
Both break at certain points making you unable to progress.
1.12 is a mess because it's an import from previous game versions and probably not worth continuing.
Cleanreboot is a lot less messy and tries to translate more but also breaks earlier (You cannot progress past Sifil).

Good luck.

Edit: Tried again with Translator++ 3.7.24_x64. It still doesn't write the files correctly.

Last edited:

Lallapalooza

Aug 23, 2019
arf i wanted to play this game for years now :'(, what im going to say is very egoistic but please dont give up, maybe seek help on discord !

NineNein

Jun 5, 2017
An

Anyone know how to download via torrent link ?
Download a newer version of this game, and if you can't find a torrent link, use mexa.sh. It is the fastest of these sites

anyway to download magnet link is to just click on it, and if it didnt work find the button on your torrent software that says something like "add torrent link" and copy&paste that link on it

P.S. translation was not on the way. I haven't finished current projects

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
The Issue is not that I'm burned out, It is that I literally do not know what to do.
Translator++(3.6.28_x64) is not writing the ".dat" files correctly so it doesn't seem to matter what you input, event sequencing and some menus break. Unlike "normal" rpgmaker files editing the files with notepad or notepad++ doesn't work either as it breaks the files. Also no luck trying to use the wolf rpg engine itself to edit it. It just refuses to read them. I asked a bunch of other people to take a look at it but no positive responses yet.

But sure here you go:
Both break at certain points making you unable to progress.
1.12 is a mess because it's an import from previous game versions and probably not worth continuing.
Cleanreboot is a lot less messy and tries to translate more but also breaks earlier (You cannot progress past Sifil).

Good luck.

Edit: Tried again with Translator++ 3.7.24_x64. It still doesn't write the files correctly.
One of the many problems with Translator ++. It is notorious for not importing Wolf RPG among many other problems the program has. One of the reasons I always recommend people not use it for translations.

Rizuki13

Jun 15, 2021
Hello I want to ask

So I have follow the instruction to apply mtl but after I open the game it says file read error.

Anyone know how to fix it ?

Jun 22, 2017
Hello I want to ask

So I have follow the instruction to apply mtl but after I open the game it says file read error.

Anyone know how to fix it ?
I don't know if you tried or already use local emulator, it would be the first hurdle. If you are using local emulator or have the local changed to Japanese, then it is likely a script error.

Considering you are using a translation, it would then likely include a translated script that should not have been translated because it breaks the game. Without any further information, it is impossible to know which script was broken or what exactly got fucked up.

If you are satisfied with a simple mtl, I would propose using the MTool for it, instead of what you went with. Here is the . It normally does not fuck with the scripts and allows for easy mtls to be used, but low quality with Google Translate.

Rizuki13

Jun 15, 2021
I
I don't know if you tried or already use local emulator, it would be the first hurdle. If you are using local emulator or have the local changed to Japanese, then it is likely a script error.

Considering you are using a translation, it would then likely include a translated script that should not have been translated because it breaks the game. Without any further information, it is impossible to know which script was broken or what exactly got fucked up.

If you are satisfied with a simple mtl, I would propose using the MTool for it, instead of what you went with. Here is the . It normally does not fuck with the scripts and allows for easy mtls to be used, but low quality with Google Translate.
Is that fine using that ? Cause it says "The program is marked as a virus by many antivirus software, please choose yourself if you want to download."

Jun 22, 2017
Is that fine using that ? Cause it says "The program is marked as a virus by many antivirus software, please choose yourself if you want to download."
Okay, I let it run through my own virus scans, nothing came out. And then used virus total, also nothing. Kind of weird, because he has a screenshot of virustotal getting results for him, but maybe the current update has something changed or it was only for specific data. Considering the guy has over 1000 patrons and no massive list of complaints, I don't think there is any malignant software added to it. I have used it for some time and none of my scanners has identified even one virus or Trojan on my computer.

But I am also just a random guy on the internet, don't know how much worth my word is. But here is the corresponding thread on the forum with the creator him/herself.