Jun 16, 2018
ENG title: Strange Quests
JP title:
Dlsite code: RJ01107440
Dlsite link:
MEGA link:
Genres:
Picture:
1700106939475.png 1700107014564.png 1700106969078.png 1700107051106.png 1700107073976.png 1700107184663.png
Boys we got a good game with relative small size, good arts, more than one heroine to play with and pregnancy, childbirth count, cross-section and so on. Truly a underrated gem

Arrhenkigen

Jan 18, 2019
+1, and full gallery save please?
edit: my bad, the file provided already have the save files i need, use the save file with the dark girl with the eyepatch. press A (default button for pause), press the top button, then navigate to the section that has crystal ball, press the crystal ball and it will teleport you to CG room. At the CG room, turn the red lever (idk if this is necessary or not), then go to fenced area and press enter, and then finally turn the green lever.
to move between characters, at the starting area just select which character you want and if you want to go back just go to the pentacle on the floor and press enter, hope this helps

Last edited:

Arrhenkigen

Jan 18, 2019
this game is basically the remake of the stray quest but with better graphics, but it is good nonetheless

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
After a specific request, here's an unfinished prototype SLRMTL for v1.8.

This is not finished and partially broken, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

If at any point after a screen transition the game seems to permanently darken, do not save, and report it to me.
That is a common issue with VX/Ace stuff and once I know where it happens I can fix it, but if your save is already dark it will stay dark.

Known issues:
-The dialogue system is meant to have fancy speech bubbles that are customized to the original much shorter Japanese text.
As a result I had to make an ugly workaround of adding \w[-1] in front of basic dialogue which instead of handling it like a custom speechbubble wants to create a standard one, but as a result you will have the text box glitch to the bottom of the screen repeatedly as the script is fighting itself. I'm trying to come up with a better solution, but before that workaround text either wasn't displayed at all, halfway eaten, or the game just froze and crashed.
-A bunch of inner text scripts not translated. (Not much point in bothering with that before I've found a solution for the stupid text boxes, because I will most likely have to redo everything then.)
-Picture based text not translated.

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to extract the game first. Extraction Tutorial
Then you can just extract the translation to your game folder and overwrite.

Changelog:
0.81: Put a \w[-1] in front of a state message.
0.82: Put \w[-1] in front of every single speech bubble that does not have a w number yet.
0.83: Fixed en/if lines, added \w[-1] in front of some event popups as well.
0.84: Put \w[-1] in front of Got and Found lines.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Last edited:

windy96

Jun 16, 2018

This is not finished and partially broken, please do not use this for a Game-Release thread.

If at any point after a screen transition the game seems to permanently darken, do not save, and report it to me.
That is a common issue with VX/Ace stuff and once I know where it happens I can fix it, but if your save is already dark it will stay dark.

Known issues:
-The dialogue system is meant to have fancy speech bubbles that are customized to the original much shorter Japanese text.
As a result I had to make an ugly workaround of adding \w[-1] in front of basic dialogue which instead of handling it like a custom speechbubble wants to create a standard one, but as a result you will have the text box glitch to the bottom of the screen repeatedly as the script is fighting itself. I'm trying to come up with a better solution, but before that workaround text either wasn't displayed at all, halfway eaten, or the game just froze and crashed.
-A bunch of inner text scripts not translated. (Not much point in bothering with that before I've found a solution for the stupid text boxes, because I will most likely have to redo everything then.)

Installation:
Change your system locale to Japanese(Japan) to rule out Unicode errors. Locale Tutorial
To apply this translation you need to extract the game first. Extraction Tutorial

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug, or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.
Hey I find that sometimes the game just stops, like I can do nothing to move, interact or open menu or anything especially after being impregnated or using joiplay on android and try cheating money also cause the same issue. Here is my save files, you can use save 12 to try moving and it will randomly just dead stop like I describe

seraphiel722

Jul 5, 2017
Hey I find that sometimes the game just stops, like I can do nothing to move, interact or open menu or anything especially after being impregnated or using joiplay on android and try cheating money also cause the same issue. Here is my save files, you can use save 12 to try moving and it will randomly just dead stop like I describe
The same thing happens to me (loss of control) a few minutes after my character gets pregnant. Still haven't tried a run without being pregnant yet.

As for the font in the boxes. They look pretty alright on my end except for that one sentence where it was forced to arrange the words vertically (was it after the king announced something and the background turns black?). Doesn't bother me though. Though maybe there will be certain people who might be.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
The same thing happens to me (loss of control) a few minutes after my character gets pregnant. Still haven't tried a run without being pregnant yet.

As for the font in the boxes. They look pretty alright on my end except for that one sentence where it was forced to arrange the words vertically (was it after the king announced something and the background turns black?). Doesn't bother me though. Though maybe there will be certain people who might be.
It should no longer hang up in SLRMTL0.81.

That was another text bubble that refused to open with different text in it, because the w number no longer fit. So I now placed yet another \w[-1] to make it use a undefined box instead.
But that's really just a bad workaround because there's no size variation. That means text boxes look worse than the original ones and stuff can randomly no longer fit inside and get eaten.

I don't even really understand what the numbers are supposed to mean.

For example on Map234 when Boss is talking one box has \w[8] 2 lines 30 characters, another box has \w[8] again, but 3 lines 41 characters, and then suddenly there's a box with \w[15] and 2 lines 27 characters.
So it doesn't seem to be related to character count, line count, or who's talking.

Last edited:

seraphiel722

Jul 5, 2017
It should no longer hang up in SLRMTL0.81.

That was another text bubble that refused to open with different text in it, because the w number no longer fit. So I now placed yet another \w[-1] to make it use a undefined box instead.
But that's really just a bad workaround because there's no size variation. That means text boxes look worse than the original ones and stuff can randomly no longer fit inside and get eaten.

I don't even really understand what the numbers are supposed to mean.

For example on Map234 when Boss is talking one box has \w[8] 2 lines 30 characters, another box has \w[8] again, but 3 lines 41 characters, and then suddenly there's a box with \w[15] and 2 lines 27 characters.
So it doesn't seem to be related to character count, line count, or who's talking.
Yup, it seems the cause for loss of control was the notification for the baby's growth. I'll try to see if there are any other problems when i have some time. Thanks again, Shisaye.

K_yson

Mar 7, 2022

Known issues:

Installation:

Changelog:
0.81: Put a \w[-1] in front of a state message.

Game-Breaking Bug

Right as you completed the quest to enter the port; aka the one involving the pyramids
Everything just froze, right after you gave the Lord/Noble the Royal Brooche you gained after fighting a boss in the dungeons of the pyramid.

Tldr - Everything hangs up

1703510311670.png 1703510375603.png