[Translation request] Succubus Connect!

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Translation is coming along. Though it is an RPGMaker game, the combat is very... unique. My priority right now is standardizing mechanic translations so skills, items and equipment make sense; especially in combat.

As expected, a lot of UI elements were NOT designed with English in mind. A lot of descriptions will have to be significantly shortened/shifted in spacing to make them fit in their designated elements. Nothing that can't be fixed with time.

Scaling.jpg

Gear.jpg

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
A big portion of the game's introduction segment is complete, barring the final formatting passes. Succubus Connect has a very interesting battle system, so I wanted to make sure the rules were explained properly:

SC1S.jpg

I'm still in the process of standardizing all effect, skill and monster names for consistency - but things are looking good for the time being. Overworld text bubbles took some adjusting but they can now be translated as well:

SC2S.jpg

And lastly, the first erotic segment is also fully translated. Took a page from all that anime watching over the years to get the voice timing down. You should find the text to match up the voice-overs quite well.

SC3S.jpg

I'll be finishing a few more formatting passes since the text cuts off very easily in some of the visual elements. After that, I'll put out the first translation patch - but don't expect much beyond the game's starting zone for now.

Edit: A lot of the combat text, including card, skill and item names are finished. The biggest problem now is deciding how to go about formatting. Inevitably, card descriptions simply do not fit in English, and some of them have quite lengthy descriptions in Japanese.

Card1.jpg Card2.jpg

Manual text formatting will be necessary to fix clipping. This will take a long time to achieve, but it can also make the cards difficult to read. I haven't decided how I'll be dealing with this yet; the game just wasn't designed to accommodate English.

Last edited:

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Time for another progress report! The skill tree has now been fully translated, including concise naming schemes and descriptions; as well as formatting adjustments to prevent visual elements from crashing into each other.

T1.jpg

Translation for the game's major questing hub is currently underway. The Town of Est hosts a significant portion of the game's quests and dialogue, so I'm expecting this part to take the longest.

T2.jpg

The game's overworld map is also nearly completed, with each location listing its flavor text, materials, levels and names accurately. The crafting system comes into play later, so knowing where each material drops is important.

T3.jpg

And lastly, the second major erotic segment is now fully translated. It's quite fun rebuilding the dialogue in a different language while keeping each character's personality. The shy and reluctant Yuina; and the veteran onee-san Sakyu.

T4.jpg

My lack of knowledge in Japanese stalls progress at times, but... well, let's see how far I can take this project.

GoD_Anubis

Jul 19, 2020
Time for another progress report! The skill tree has now been fully translated, including concise naming schemes and descriptions; as well as formatting adjustments to prevent visual elements from crashing into each other.

View attachment 1020511

Translation for the game's major questing hub is currently underway. The Town of Est hosts a significant portion of the game's quests and dialogue, so I'm expecting this part to take the longest.

View attachment 1020522

The game's overworld map is also nearly completed, with each location listing its flavor text, materials, levels and names accurately. The crafting system comes into play later, so knowing where each material drops is important.

View attachment 1020523

And lastly, the second major erotic segment is now fully translated. It's quite fun rebuilding the dialogue in a different language while keeping each character's personality. The shy and reluctant Yuina; and the veteran onee-san Sakyu.

View attachment 1020524

My lack of knowledge in Japanese stalls progress at times, but... well, let's see how far I can take this project.
Im waiting for our work bruh,, you are a hero

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Time for the first public release of the English patch! Keep in mind it's still a work-in-progress, and that the vast majority of the game has yet to be translated. Still, this release should be enough to introduce the main characters, explain the battle basics and set the tone for the journey.

SC11_01.jpg

Succubus Connect uses an enormous amount of image-based text, even in the main menu. This means translation isn't a simple matter of replacing words, but rather editing images. This process is slow and arduous, but feasible with enough time and patience.

SC11_02.jpg

This game also uses a lot of custom scrips, meaning text is scattered all over different plugins, making them difficult to track down for translation. Among them are NPC dialogue and flash text, but they're slowly getting done.

SC11_03.jpg

I directed most of my focus towards story-specific elements, including place names, item names and their respective descriptions. Much of the effort was also dedicated towards color-coding the appropriate key text after translation.

SC11_04.jpg

I tried retaining as much of each character's personality as possible. Not all of them have outstanding traits, but from the original text, it's possible to faintly establish their nature. Not all of them translate well into English but... it's worth a shot.

Currently, the translation extends until the Town of Est. There is a brief screen warning once you reach the point at which the translation becomes sporadic. The vast majority of items, talents and combat elements are translated, so it should be possible to push towards clearing the game if you don't care much for the dialogue.

Instructions are included with the download, enjoy!

Aldiele

Aug 10, 2017
Time for the first public release of the English patch! Keep in mind it's still a work-in-progress, and that the vast majority of the game has yet to be translated. Still, this release should be enough to introduce the main characters, explain the battle basics and set the tone for the journey.

View attachment 1118703

Succubus Connect uses an enormous amount of image-based text, even in the main menu. This means translation isn't a simple matter of replacing words, but rather editing images. This process is slow and arduous, but feasible with enough time and patience.

View attachment 1118710

This game also uses a lot of custom scrips, meaning text is scattered all over different plugins, making them difficult to track down for translation. Among them are NPC dialogue and flash text, but they're slowly getting done.

View attachment 1118715

I directed most of my focus towards story-specific elements, including place names, item names and their respective descriptions. Much of the effort was also dedicated towards color-coding the appropriate key text after translation.

View attachment 1118719

I tried retaining as much of each character's personality as possible. Not all of them have outstanding traits, but from the original text, it's possible to faintly establish their nature. Not all of them translate well into English but... it's worth a shot.

Currently, the translation extends until the Town of Est. There is a brief screen warning once you reach the point at which the translation becomes sporadic. The vast majority of items, talents and combat elements are translated, so it should be possible to push towards clearing the game if you don't care much for the dialogue.

Instructions are included with the download, enjoy!
Doing god's work. This game is very unique for the standard rpgmaker formula and has evaded radars left and right. Glad someone like you picked it up. I'll always have respect for someone that does this type of extensive work with the only drive being passion and wanting to help the community experience it. Big props.

MIC132

May 14, 2018
Am I seeing it correctly that it has "Slay the Spire"-esque combat system?
That might be very interesting.