Others [Translation Request] The Encyclopedia of Tentacles for Boys Vol.1

Zewalx

Oct 29, 2019
Is there any Game like The Encyclopedia of Tentacles for Boys Vol.1 ?

In addition, I would like this game to be translated into English. ;-;

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
Is there any Game like The Encyclopedia of Tentacles for Boys Vol.1 ?

In addition, I would like this game to be translated into English. ;-;
monster girl quest
and the 3 spin off , delicious breakfast , lunch , dinner

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Here are all three parts of the game. I hope to continue working on the translation.
The link doesn't open, would it be possible for you to upload them in Mega or Zippyshare or some other platform?

Ophanim

May 2, 2018
Anyone know how to combine the parts together? I know you can do that, because it's the same format as MGQ, where you could cram all three chapters together, but I can't remember how to do it, since it's been a while since I played MGQ at all. You had to do something with the arc.nsa files, but iirc if you did it wrong, it'd brick the game and you'd have to resort to backups.

Ophanim

May 2, 2018
The game's lines are actually held in .txt files in the main folder once unzipped. It's literally plaintext that's being read by the game engine in some eldritch process I, a peasant non-japanese, non-programmer, do not understand. The problem is, if you try to translate stuff into a language with spaces between words, the space characters will randomly disappear, jamming words together into a blob of 3-4 words apiece (Japanese font issues, perhaps?). I looked into this one while cooling down from working on my current project, and I honestly have no idea where to look to work out what the text encoding issue is. Afaik the only people who work with this engine are people like Dargoth and Rogue Translator, who worked on the original MGQ chapters. There was that Encyclopedia of Monsters game done in this engine, too, but afaik that never got translated either, so the number of English speakers who've worked with this game engine could maybe be counted on two hands.

Literally, if the issue with the way the text is encoded for this game was sorted, I could probably get this done quick, as the content is pretty condensed for the most part. Anyone who's good with software want to chip in on how to approach this? It'd mean all three of these games could be TLed and uploaded.

Last edited:

loGic21

Mar 14, 2019
The game's lines are actually held in .txt files in the main folder once unzipped. It's literally plaintext that's being read by the game engine in some eldritch process I, a peasant non-japanese, non-programmer, do not understand. The problem is, if you try to translate stuff into a language with spaces between words, the space characters will randomly disappear, jamming words together into a blob of 3-4 words apiece (Japanese font issues, perhaps?). I looked into this one while cooling down from working on my current project, and I honestly have no idea where to look to work out what the text encoding issue is. Afaik the only people who work with this engine are people like Dargoth and Rogue Translator, who worked on the original MGQ chapters. There was that Encyclopedia of Monsters game done in this engine, too, but afaik that never got translated either, so the number of English speakers who've worked with this game engine could maybe be counted on two hands.

Literally, if the issue with the way the text is encoded for this game was sorted, I could probably get this done quick, as the content is pretty condensed for the most part. Anyone who's good with software want to chip in on how to approach this? It'd mean all three of these games could be TLed and uploaded.
You think we could find someone for that issue in another forum here, like recruitment and services? I've seen that not everyone there has to necessarily get payed (e.g.). Or do you think that this issue is too specific?

Last edited: