RPGM [Translation Request] The Oracle's Masochist Knight [enuemu]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
+1

I have picked at this one a little, but it is a large one, and It is a good one too. Would be nice to have a really good English translation for it. <<<For sure

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
I'm working on a better translation today, supposedly better than Shisaye version. Hope it will work without errors though. I'm using deepL with some scripts so it will take about 6-10 hours to finish. Hope that I might finish it today or tomorrow.

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I'm working on a better translation today, supposedly better than Shisaye version. Hope it will work without errors though. I'm using deepL with some scripts so it will take about 6-10 hours to finish. Hope that I might finish it today or tomorrow.
That may help, and I am glad to hear it, but I figure it will probably need a full interpretation or translation to do it justice.

But most anything would be very helpful, as I think it is or looks to be a neat H game.

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
That may help, and I am glad to hear it, but I figure it will probably need a full interpretation or translation to do it justice.

But most anything would be very helpful, as I think it is or looks to be a neat H game.
It's going to be a full translation. I had an issue with the translation losing words, but I finally resolved it after 6 hours of struggling for a solution. If things go well, it should be done in the next few hours after I finish my daily chores.

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
I initially planned to use MTL exclusively, as I expected it to provide higher quality translations compared to normal MTL due to the use of deepL. The dialogue appears to sound more natural. However, I have come to realize that I should delay this and manually edit the translation to give the game a more polished finish for an enhanced experience. It may take an entire day since the editing will mostly be done manually.

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
Sorry for blueballing. I actually finished it with like 95%. But I need to do a playthrough myself to see if it has any crashes. This is actually a google translation based MTL, not deepL because I learned that document translation sucks ass, doesnt matter if it's google or deepL. The text translation method is better because it doesn't eat words, hallucinates words due to AI nature or breaking formats. And there are tricks that work with google but not deepL so I had to re-do it, still faster and better than document translation.

However the best MTL is still chatGPT. You can notice it easily with some early game dialogues because they look very human. Unfortunately I can't do it 100% chatGPT because of the token limit. It would take more time to do a 100% chatGPT translation even with scripts, though I think I can find a balance point between quality and time.

I will upload the translation once I finish a quick playthrough, maybe within today. Here some chatGPT quality teaser:

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
Edited MTL v1.0 for "The Oracle's Masochist Knight v1.2" (Original title: 神託のM騎士). Around 5-8% chatGPT with google translator base. Will update the chatGPT proportion more when I have time.

Thanks Shisaye for his initial translation that helped me fixing some errors.

Just overwrite the "www" folder to the main folder in game (always backup your game first)
View attachment The_Oracle_Masochist_Knight_v1.2_MTL_1.0._chatGPT_Google.zip

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
Update translation v1.1. Just overwrite the www folder, it won't affect your saves.
- Corrected all the names and roads
- Added 5% more chatGPT (mostly in early game)

I just realize that I actually used Bing as the base translator, not Google. I'm not sure if I should rely more on ChatGPT because it tends to hallucinate a lot in larger scale, resulting a lot of errors and often messes up the text format. It might take just as much time to fix those errors as it would to do a manual translation. However in smaller scale with the API, it can x2 the current speed with about 25 records/minute, for total of 11,000 records needed to be translated/

Last edited:

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
For some reason, the clearing wine house mission has image error, along with rich noble ending
Is that my v1.1 MTL version? Can you give more details of the error so I may fix it?

Btw I'm working on a script using openAI API for tranlation. It may require 1 hour for an average rpg maker game, however the output has way less errors and halluciantion, which is already covered by another specialized scripts for bug fixing. The TOMK translation with chatGPT process is at 30% now.

Bustncaps

Apr 13, 2019
Is that my v1.1 MTL version? Can you give more details of the error so I may fix it?

Btw I'm working on a script using openAI API for tranlation. It may require 1 hour for an average rpg maker game, however the output has way less errors and halluciantion, which is already covered by another specialized scripts for bug fixing. The TOMK translation with chatGPT process is at 30% now.
It is your v1.1 MTL version? After going to the detective for a job, I tried clearing the warehouse of monsters, but when I try to fight them, a never ending loading screen happens. Same thing when you sleep at the in with the final scene of the innkeeper.

I'll try a fresh new game to see if the errors happen again and let you know of anymore bugs.

Reactions: akhulu

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
It is your v1.1 MTL version? After going to the detective for a job, I tried clearing the warehouse of monsters, but when I try to fight them, a never ending loading screen happens. Same thing when you sleep at the in with the final scene of the innkeeper.

I'll try a fresh new game to see if the errors happen again and let you know of anymore bugs.
Ah I thought you meant the farm house H event because that's where I experienced during my run. I did not go with the rich noble route so I may not experienced all the possible bugs.

If possilbe can you just share me your save where the scene before you would get the error? So I can test it with the raw version, to determine whether it's because of the translation or not for easier bug fixing.

My tools are working well so far with openAI API and the quality is insane, far suprior to Google, Bing or DeepL. The chatGPT translation is at 80% already and should be finished in 30m because I run 2 APIs at the same time. It till requires manual edititing though, but the speed and quality balance point is impressive.

Reactions: Bustncaps

Bustncaps

Apr 13, 2019
Ah I thought you meant the farm house H event because that's where I experienced during my run. I did not go with the rich noble route so I may not experienced all the possible bugs.

If possilbe can you just share me your save where the scene before you would get the error? So I can test it with the raw version, to determine whether it's because of the translation or not for easier bug fixing.

My tools are working well so far with openAI API and the quality is insane, far suprior to Google, Bing or DeepL. The chatGPT translation is at 80% already and should be finished in 30m because I run 2 APIs at the same time. It till requires manual edititing though, but the speed and quality balance point is impressive.
It mostly happens when you try to fight the monsters in warehouse. Also quite a few endings where I can't access the recollection room because of img error

Reactions: akhulu

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
It mostly happens when you try to fight the monsters in warehouse. Also quite a few endings where I can't access the recollection room because of img error
I attempted to replicate the bug, but was unsuccessful. I strongly believe it is due to downloading the version from post #1. The MTL caused the game to malfunction and it's expected that users will experience bugs if they use that version. It's recommended to use a raw version, which can be temporarily downloaded from here: , combining with my translations above.

I have already completed the translation using ChatGPT and I am currently in the process of manually editing it. Once this is finished, I will upload a bug-free version of the game.

akhulu

Apr 23, 2020
Update v1.2 with 90% chatGPT, 10% manual translation. It's very difficult to find any poems in the game. Remember to use this raw japanese version instead of the link in #1

Reactions: Bustncaps

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
Update v1.3. 15% manual edit, 85% chatGPT. Added the record of the first experience and fixed some minor chatGPT hallucination errors.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
This thread should be changed. It is no longer a translation request but a full blown translation.
This does not even feel like a machine translation. Sure the translation is a bit stiff but overall the quality is awesome.

Maybe create your own thread with your translation? I think it is on a level where you could open your own thread. I bet so many people would be suprised because noone really reads translation request threads....

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes