[Translation Request] Unison Cord [Hemoglobin]

ohsnapdragon

Feb 23, 2020
image-web.jpg

A character creation focused RPG-style adventure game. You play as a customizable adventurer, setting off to fight monsters, collect loot, do quests, and explore the world!

This game is quite unique - it's not built in your average RPG Maker or Wolf Engine. It actually uses Light.VN, a visual novel engine - and so character customizations are consistent throughout the game. For example, if you make a cute blue-haired foxgirl in the character customization, she will actually appear this way all throughout the game, including combat, overworld sprite, and h-scenes. This includes details like eye color, breast size, tail, etc:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Another example, with a tanned elf. Even the title page changes to match your character's look!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are accessories like tattoos, belts, collars, etc you can obtain that allow for further customization:

image-web (7).jpg

Seriously, the amount of customization options (and reflection in-game) is super impressive, and more in depth than any other game I've seen on F95. The developer released a playable free demo just a few days ago, and I was hoping to get a translation thread started in order to attract some attention to this game.

Title: Unison:corD
Developer Website:
Language: Japanese
Engine: Light.VN
Version: Demo (Demo in article: )

Last edited:

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Game looks wonderful ...
... hopefully someone translates this...

rapiersreipar

May 27, 2018
this sounds like one of the best possible things to exist, whoever decides to translate it will be a hero in my eyes.

Aslan_Velas

Sep 25, 2021
I could try to translate it if anyone could share with me a way to extract the files of this game. I searched for extraction methods but, this engine is way too new and there doesn't seem to exist a good extractor for the MCDAT files (if that's even where the text lines are, I bashed my head against this for a while but I'm very new to this:FacePalm:).

• Sad
Reactions: normguy154

normguy154

Feb 25, 2019
I could try to translate it if anyone could share with me a way to extract the files of this game. I searched for extraction methods but, this engine is way too new and there doesn't seem to exist a good extractor for the MCDAT files (if that's even where the text lines are, I bashed my head against this for a while but I'm very new to this:FacePalm:).
Hope you can figure it out, this game looks amazing

Reactions: Aslan_Velas

Gummiel

Jul 16, 2019
A quick search for me on just the engine name got me this, I haven't tried them myself or anything, so no idea if it works, but have you tried ?

Reactions: Aslan_Velas

kai123555

Oct 14, 2019
i'm curious to see how far people made it since it seems like no one has said anything.

any of you found the boss yet? i'm sure 1 person has XD

BadassFlamer

Dec 21, 2019
Finished the demo, good stuff, even if I couldn't fully understand anything going on. Waiting for next bit of content and a translation to maybe understand the story better.

Aslan_Velas

Sep 25, 2021
Ok, so I came here to update on my progress with this.
First of all:
A quick search for me on just the engine name got me this, I haven't tried them myself or anything, so no idea if it works, but have you tried ?
Thank you for linking this to me. I had indeed seen that tool and tried it but, after putting every folder of the game there and not getting anything, I gave up since even the site said that it only supported vndat files. But after seeing you link it again, I decided to download it again and try. Took some tries but, after inserting the game's files without extracting it from the rar, it successfully decrypted the files (The game's folder is not a rar but actually a vndat? That was sheer luck since I just happened to read "zip" somewhere and tried that). People who are experienced with programming must be screaming at me right now.

However, another big problem appeared: Even after decrypting them, I couldn't use translator++ to isolate the dialogue (I was planning to get the lines from there and translate them in notepad++ and then inject it into the game's files. But the program stayed at "processing" the whole day so, I believe it doesn't support these files) the only progress that I managed to get after two days was to extract the metadata from the mcdat files via this site:

Now, this site shows what file it is and what's inside it but, this opens a whole new can of worms because there are simply 33.067 mcdat files (yup, you didn't read it wrong :WutFace:) I found out that it is a mess of data. File1 is a music, file 29.806 is a png with a map and etc. It's all bundled up and somewhere in there may have the lines that I need to find.

In short, I will keep searching but, I don't have the time to skim through more than 30 thousand files and still take the chance to miss the one I need since there are some weird files there like "application/octet-stream" (whatever that means...). I'm not the guy to mess with a lot of programming stuff so, if anyone knows of an easier method or has a crystal ball capable of finding the lines beneath this insanity, I will gladly accept your words of wisdom and will begin working. (This is my first time messing with the process of actually translating the game for others so, I may be just making some stupid mistake. Besides that, most tutorials here focus on RPGM and WolfRPG games so, It's been fun...)

Last edited:

pendercemp

Feb 8, 2020
Ok, so I came here to update on my progress with this.
First of all:

Thank you for linking this to me. I had indeed seen that tool and tried it but, after putting every folder of the game there and not getting anything, I gave up since even the site said that it only supported vndat files. But after seeing you link it again, I decided to download it again and try. Took some tries but, after inserting the game's files without extracting it from the rar, it successfully decrypted the files (The game's folder is not a rar but actually a vndat? That was sheer luck since I just happened to read "zip" somewhere and tried that). People who are experienced with programming must be screaming at me right now.

However, another big problem appeared: Even after decrypting them, I couldn't use translator++ to isolate the dialogue (I was planning to get the lines from there and translate them in notepad++ and then inject it into the game's files. But the program stayed at "processing" the whole day so, I believe it doesn't support these files) the only progress that I managed to get after two days was to extract the metadata from the mcdat files via this site:

Now, this site shows what file it is and what's inside it but, this opens a whole new can of worms because there are simply 33.067 mcdat files (yup, you didn't read it wrong :WutFace:) I found out that it is a mess of data. File1 is a music, file 29.806 is a png with a map and etc. It's all bundled up and somewhere in there may have the lines that I need to find.

In short, I will keep searching but, I don't have the time to skim through more than 30 thousand files and still take the chance to miss the one I need since there are some weird files there like "application/octet-stream" (whatever that means...). I'm not the guy to mess with a lot of programming stuff so, if anyone knows of an easier method or has a crystal ball capable of finding the lines beneath this insanity, I will gladly accept your words of wisdom and will begin working. (This is my first time messing with the process of actually translating the game for others so, I may be just making some stupid mistake. Besides that, most tutorials here focus on RPGM and WolfRPG games so, It's been fun...)
The engine used to make the game is free and can be downloaded from their page. It's a bit of a shot in the dark, but you could see if you could use it to edit the decrypted files.

Aslan_Velas

Sep 25, 2021
The engine used to make the game is free and can be downloaded from their page. It's a bit of a shot in the dark, but you could see if you could use it to edit the decrypted files.
I actually tried using it but, it is quite a weird engine. It doesn't open projects, it creates folders for each project and every single one of these projects has an editor within the folder that is used to make the game and can't be put into other projects. Let me share some screenshots here:

Data folder for a project created within the engine:

1717184028375.png

Decrypted Data folder of the game (contains the 33.067 mcdat):

1717184147338.png

Editor used to mess with the program:
1717184366936.png

Game folder (ignore the highlighted one):

1717184428740.png

I saw a function to open scripts within the engine but, it didn't seem to be able to load the data of the game. This engine is a piece of work if I can say so myself.