Tool RPGM Ren'Py Translator for RPG Maker and RenPy(demo)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Steygan

Feb 4, 2018
Steygan, I think I found the bug that rontremalo was mentioning, and it's pretty bad.
First tests with DeepL, I updgraded from the original 0.4 to the latest, still 0.4 version.

I can't translate in English, only Russian.
To clarify, I switched to English immediately after opening the app, then changed to another language (not Russian) and back to English each time I changed a setting, and it still translated to Russian.
I also tested just switching from Russian before and after picking DeepL. It behaves like the check of which language to use is not in the deepL loop.

I also got an error, "file can't be empty", when dealing with the penultimate (31st) file in the data folder, Troops.json — which is not empty and got translated with no issue when I used Google (although, again, I was on the previous 0.4). Could it be a file limit on DeepL?

I hope it helps, and either way thanks forever for the tool!
It looks lousy.
I'd like to fix all the problems, but that won't be possible until after September 27. Right now I am still far away from my workplace

Reactions: sicklez

sicklez

Aug 12, 2020
It looks lousy.
I'd like to fix all the problems, but that won't be possible until after September 27. Right now I am still far away from my workplace
Hello again.
Quick update. I tried translating another game, this time using Google, and I got Russian again.

As I said before, I've translated with Google in English successfully with the original 0.4, so now I suspect it's not a DeepL issue but an issue with the new 0.4 — I also tested with a different language than English, and sure enough it still turns into Russian.

I have also noticed another bug.
System seems to skip Actors.json — interface claims to translate it, but it just doesn't appear in the translated data folder.

Never noticed the issue, because I've always copied the translated data to the original data folder.

I hope this helps.
Thanks again for everything.

Reactions: Steygan
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote