Tool Translator++ Ver.3.10.1

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sowland

Apr 30, 2020
Translator ++ Latest standalone release : Ver.3.9.30B

Translator ++ Ver.3.10.1 Repack (x64 with Addons):

No promises that the addons will work without a Patreon account.

Older Versions

Changelog
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Updating/upgrading from previous version

First and foremost. Backup your current projects by !

And then, just extract the latest version of Translator++ on the exact same spot of the previous one, overwriting all files. This is an important step. If you don't, you will most likely not be able to continue the work you made in the previous version.

Requirements:

• Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010 & 2015, Install both 32 bit and 64 bit ( , , and )
  • Windows 7 SP1 or later
  • 2 GB ram
  • 1 Gb disk space (varies with the game you are working on)

Last edited:

1Nekron1

Nov 22, 2017
Help please, when translating games that have an rgss3a file, it throws such an error
TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The "path" argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or URL. Received undefined
Files unpacked by enigma.

Hige9001

Oct 26, 2020
Thanks! I wanted to test it witch a bunch of rpgm engines for a while.

Edit: Tested on one game, unfortunately the developer abandoned systrans api support because "it was to much hassle to add it", would be a definition for a reason given. On the other hand, the program works just fine, easy operations, includes automatic poetry injectors, also you can just do everything by hand if poetry level is over 9000.

Last edited:

kevinscottmiller

Jul 25, 2019
does anyone know how to translate a visual novel or flash game or what program that i need to use
any help appriciated

Sowland

Apr 30, 2020
Updated the post with the latest version: Ver 3.2.213

Notice: Seems that Dreamsavior started using the Patreon API to implement an auto update for Translator++ instead of sharing the complete build, so from now on the updates will probably be incremental updates. I'll try to keep the download versions updated here, but no promises.

Chetti

Nov 19, 2020
Hey guys, please help me, Translator++ says the game I'm trying to translate run on "Enigma" engine, and it just doesn't extract any text just says something like " The "path" argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or URL. Received undefined "

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
Hey guys, please help me, Translator++ says the game I'm trying to translate run on "Enigma" engine, and it just doesn't extract any text just says something like " The "path" argument must be of type string or an instance of Buffer or URL. Received undefined "
it be great if you told us what game that you are talking about in the first place

Reactions: Chetti

Hige9001

Oct 26, 2020
Ahh, the program is a bit wonky with MZ support, but it works, in fact your game is unpacked and waiting in cache for you to pick it up and start working. Just head over to %AppData%\Local\Temp and open your staging catalog, from there you will see %DEFAULT FOLDER%, all the unpacked game files are there, just copy them wherever you'd like to have easier access.

Alternatively you can just just use EnigmaVBUnpacker to extract game files yourself (hint! its way more convenient this way) and proceed with translation like always.

To apply translation you will need to use "export project" button and select first option "export to a folder". Your translated files will be put in seperate folder, you will notice extra folder where your game is, you will need to copy them over original files to see your translation in game.

Below just a quick menu edit to show that its working, cheers!

st.jpg

Last edited:

mtl poet

Mar 5, 2021
Free version is working ok, but it's always good to have access to the premium tool.
Tyvm.

Chetti

Nov 19, 2020
Ahh, the program is a bit wonky with MZ support, but it works, in fact your game is unpacked and waiting in cache for you to pick it up and start working. Just head over to %AppData%\Local\Temp and open your staging catalog, from there you will see %DEFAULT FOLDER%, all the unpacked game files are there, just copy them wherever you'd like to have easier access.

Alternatively you can just just use EnigmaVBUnpacker to extract game files yourself (hint! its way more convenient this way) and proceed with translation like always.

To apply translation you will need to use "export project" button and select first option "export to a folder". Your translated files will be put in seperate folder, you will notice extra folder where your game is, you will need to copy them over original files to see your translation in game.

Below just a quick menu edit to show that its working, cheers!

View attachment 1073145
Sorry I didn't know you reply to me, thanks unfortunally I got too frustrated with the game and erased it, i'm gonna try to download it again and try your method, I'll let you know what happened in the end. Thanks again.

Hige9001

Oct 26, 2020
Sorry I didn't know you reply to me, thanks unfortunally I got too frustrated with the game and erased it, i'm gonna try to download it again and try your method, I'll let you know what happened in the end. Thanks again.
After replying to your problem i got curious and went to find if there is a thread about translation, lo and behold there actually is! And it actually covers, somewhat, Translator++ usage too, albeit really roughly. But the method is the same in this particular case. Curious? Go to Forums > Development > Translation and check the RPGM translation guide. Also be aware and cautious about script translation and functions, if you get it autotranslated it will just break the game. Frequent error i've experienced was with money/gold reward function after auto translating. So manual edit is advaised after translation to check if its not broken/changed into poetry gibberish. It may sound a bit gruelling, but its not that bad, also you can just focus on the plain text if you're complete begginer, leaving aside sripts/functions and see if it work for you.

Last thing i want to add is, the shorter/smaller/simpler the game is the easier it is to translate and learn few things about the program and the process overall. The game you picked to translate is rather chunky, so hang in there! (overdramatising)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Chetti

Rasttix

Oct 30, 2019
Does anyone know if it's possible to add a blank space at the beginning of one of the lines in the translation? I'm translating a game where many lines are part of a bigger sentence and I need to add a blank space at the beginning, however, the program automatically trims the blank space and doesn't let me add it

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote