Wolf RPG [transltion request] Anasteema's tea party

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
I'd love it if someone gave it another stab at TLing it. But my understanding is Wolf RPG is appalling to translate. Renpy is easy, but I guess with the type of content we're stuck waiting for a while. Sucks that the dev didn't make a TL, I'd have gladly bought it and the DLC if they had (especially before the CC companies freaked out and cut off dlsite :KEK: ).

Reactions: dartdartn

dartdartn

Feb 16, 2020
I'd love it if someone gave it another stab at TLing it. But my understanding is Wolf RPG is appalling to translate. Renpy is easy, but I guess with the type of content we're stuck waiting for a while. Sucks that the dev didn't make a TL, I'd have gladly bought it and the DLC if they had (especially before the CC companies freaked out and cut off dlsite :KEK: ).
But, i mean, with today's LLM tech could you not just feed basically all the dialogue to an LLM and boom? Slap it back into whatever file its supposed to be in? I might be completely off track here, as i ain't exactly an expert in game dev.

Jul 22, 2021
But, i mean, with today's LLM tech could you not just feed basically all the dialogue to an LLM and boom? Slap it back into whatever file its supposed to be in? I might be completely off track here, as i ain't exactly an expert in game dev.
The hardest part (from my own experience) is knowing what to translate and what not to. Translate one thing and you got the menus in English, translate another and the entire thing crashes.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Like I said this isn't as simple as decompile, translate, recompile like renpy. Theres a bunch of stuff where the last person who gave it a stab stopped working on it.

SUPPOSEDLY it was mentioned there's some private "group"of people where someone translated it but doesn't share their TLs publicly but amongst each other for some wild reason, which I don't understand considering they almost assuredly pirated it anyhow.

That's allegedly where those video clips that were on PH of scenes from the game TL'd in english were from.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LiberatedSaber