VN Ren'Py Abandoned Trial [Part 1] [Cloud Games]

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Remedy of Lust / dev "Cloudoff" / patreon page down / original banner / same game style

Trial / dev "Cloud game" / new fresh patreon page / same banner / same game style

ya fail and try to hide your shame behind a new name , a new game and hope for a better start ?
wasnt necessary imho.... we all fail at one moment of our life. we all got a second chance.

i never get the devs who hide themself like this... just.. assume , wake up and move on. be a man ( or a woman ) .

that doesnt help AT ALL for a new start.... we'll see where it goes. second chance, dont mess it up.

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
Remedy of Lust / dev "Cloudoff" / patreon page down / original banner / same game style

Trial / dev "Cloud game" / new fresh patreon page / same banner / same game style

ya fail and try to hide your shame behind a new name , a new game and hope for a better start ?
wasnt necessary imho.... we all fail at one moment of our life. we all got a second chance.

i never get the devs who hide themself like this... just.. assume , wake up and move on. be a man ( or a woman ) .

that doesnt help AT ALL for a new start.... we'll see where it goes. second chance, dont mess it up.
We always have 2 sides (and more) in a story. You maybe jump too fast in conclusions. Maybe it was maybe more simple to just start a new Patreon page than trying to fulfill their conditions when your page is under review, as you mentionned it ?

So....a new start yeah. Maybe in a manner that appears to be more simple in the life of the developper. What is the most important in that ? To have a game ? Yes, we have a game, and it what matter for me.

But dont say he fails....from what I see, he was more stucked with Patreon problems. Maybe it was his fault, maybe not. I dont know. But I know he always here now and we have a game, something new (and very original) to play. So its good. Life is great !

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
My english isn't good, so it's tough to read and understand all the weird conversations.

Lester doesn't look as 40yo, more like 60!
but what i can say is "i just love Pearl", she's so hot, one of the best MILFs in adult games.

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
"You gave me this tie" -- husband not wearing a tie.
"Well, if you were a better salesman, I'd have bought you a better tie." -- bitchy wife

Not sure how the dev intended me to interpret this. One the one hand, it's like being told I'm peeking through a keyhole in a modern door that has no keyhole, and I wonder if the writer has no idea what the artist is doing and never actually played the game after the programmer put things together. On the other, it could be amusing sarcasm; like, "You never buy me gifts" (wah wah, passive aggressive whining) "well, we're so poor I can't buy anything, since you're pathetic". Then there's an expensive matched washer/dryer set in the basement.

Just so hard to follow...

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
We always have 2 sides (and more) in a story. You maybe jump too fast in conclusions. Maybe it was maybe more simple to just start a new Patreon page than trying to fulfill their conditions when your page is under review, as you mentionned it ?

So....a new start yeah. Maybe in a manner that appears to be more simple in the life of the developper. What is the most important in that ? To have a game ? Yes, we have a game, and it what matter for me.

But dont say he fails....from what I see, he was more stucked with Patreon problems. Maybe it was his fault, maybe not. I dont know. But I know he always here now and we have a game, something new (and very original) to play. So its good. Life is great !
i dont see any reason of patreon troubles with the old game.

but yeah, here a new game. thats why we all here for :p

Kma

Aug 19, 2017
"You gave me this tie" -- husband not wearing a tie.
"Well, if you were a better salesman, I'd have bought you a better tie." -- bitchy wife

Not sure how the dev intended me to interpret this. One the one hand, it's like being told I'm peeking through a keyhole in a modern door that has no keyhole, and I wonder if the writer has no idea what the artist is doing and never actually played the game after the programmer put things together. On the other, it could be amusing sarcasm; like, "You never buy me gifts" (wah wah, passive aggressive whining) "well, we're so poor I can't buy anything, since you're pathetic". Then there's an expensive matched washer/dryer set in the basement.

Just so hard to follow...
Those are lines from the show (Fargo). The dev probably just wanted to put them in and didn't really care much about the rest.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Do you remember which one was it?
Nope, but the scene was the two brothers(?) while hunting for the mc instead kidnapped some guy. They took him to a frozen lake and the way he said "wait a minute" just before they tossed his bound body into the water creeped me out. lol

Reactions: Kma

jayweston

Dec 10, 2017
I'm really not keen on somebody just outright lifting another person's script, adding some mediocre 3d art and then sticking their hands out for a few bucks on patreon, especially when the dev does not explicitly state that this is a parody of a tv show.

I'm interested in what work the dev has actually done here. Obviously zero time spent writing, zero time plotting, maybe a couple of hours tops scripting in renpy (there are no variables or even choices for example), then a weekend or two creating the characters and posing the renders (its been noted above that not a lot of thought has gone into either of these things, with the characters looking twenty years too old, and the script not matching what's happening visually). Probably most of the time spent on this went into obtaining and downloading the assets - and would any experienced devs let me know if the poses and characters here have a strong resemblance to those you can get off the Daz store/renderosity?

So where exactly is this going to go? What is this a preview of? For it to actually become a game it will need to have choices, and once it does and the player chooses a path that Martin Freeman's character didn't take, suddenly the dev is going to have to do all the things he hasn't demonstrated so far - write, plot, script etc. Perhaps (and I really don't want to give the dev ideas here), the first choice the player gets to make is a choice between a red and blue pill, if the player takes the blue pill they get to read the rest of the Fargo script, if they take the red pill they wake up in the Fatrix, find out their name is Leo and they need to help Twinity and Porpheus defeat the machines that have enslaved mankind.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Based on the synopsis I'm excited for this one. Erotic content is great and all, but a good story is what really does it for me. Will update this when I've finished playing- looks great at first glance though.

Update: Spent 15 minutes playing through. There are no choices so it's pretty much just like viewing a visual story. It's a pretty good story, for sure, but I must admit I'm pretty annoyed that it just ends in the blink of an eye without any warning whatsoever and drops you back at the main menu screen - meaning I'll need to replay the entire thing on the next release because I hadn't seen any reason to save yet.

bing6541

Jul 24, 2018
It will be interesting to see how closely the game will continue to mirror the first season of the Fargo television show.

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
This was poorly done. I dislike new games that don't have a "hook" in the first release. No sex. No dramatic hang. No meaningful choice.

Models are ok, the writing is really bad, the story (what there is) seems random.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Abandoned? That's a shame. It had a quite decent setting for a good story. Don't know why the dev just decided to drop the project after the initial release, I hope not because of not getting a single supporter with that release. Anyway, it's a shame that this one won't be continue.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Abandoned? That's a shame. It had a quite decent setting for a good story. Don't know why the dev just decided to drop the project after the initial release, I hope not because of not getting a single supporter with that release. Anyway, it's a shame that this one won't be continue.
i mentionned before.
same dev did a game and dropped it. then did this one... and dropped it again apparently.
both where similar.
i doubt the dev have troubles with patreon as the page is still up.
if he got troubles in real life, then i think he shouldn't have dropped the first game but continu/remake it instead of doing a fresh new one.

imho, i think 2 possibilities:
1 - he expected too much too fast (take time and effort before getting a name in this business for sure)
2 - the story isnt perfect and he get out of idea for it.

can be something else, but that the most commons situations i know.