Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Haven't played in a long while, when did this game switch from SWF to its own launcher that refuses to load old saves?
Like, a year ago. You have to download the last swf from the website, then there's an option to convert your saves to get them to read in the new version

Plumpunikitty

May 7, 2019
Why is treated as a png, also curious to see the new class and I wonder if they'll more
First, animated PNG are a thing for almost fifteen years now and all modern browsers are able to properly display it. Majority of the people in the PNG Group denied its integration, so it never got proper support. Otherwise, GIFs would probably have been phased out by now.

Second, Psionic were planned for a while now, I doubt they have any other classes planned, especially this late in development. You might see more if this game ever reaches End of Life.

MangaKing

Oct 16, 2017
Considering Psychics were planned for over 8 years (and the game's 10 years old now), you tell me.
First, animated PNG are a thing for almost fifteen years now and all modern browsers are able to properly display it. Majority of the people in the PNG Group denied its integration, so it never got proper support. Otherwise, GIFs would probably have been phased out by now.

Second, Psionic were planned for a while now, I doubt they have any other classes planned, especially this late in development. You might see more if this game ever reaches End of Life.
8 years? I knew they weren't the best devs, but nearly a whole decade is wild, Has anyone been keeping up over the years? What has their reasoning for this been?

Konpon

Jun 30, 2020
8 years? I knew they weren't the best devs, but nearly a whole decade is wild, Has anyone been keeping up over the years? What has their reasoning for this been?
Over 40k Submissions of works that fans want implemented into the game, that they have to review many pages of veeeeery large word counts. That not even paying the staff to get through some faster would help make it go any faster. They are meticulous about it, because it's never as easy as plug and play (what with the myriad math problems that any piece of written content has to keep track of based on author intent). Plus, some creators really just disappear from the face of the earth without warning, so they can't even get in contact with them reliably once they finally get to work on their submissions. It's a community built work, you know. But yeah, that's often been the story about the length of things getting implemented so late. Not to mention, the death of Flash over 2 years ago did not help anyone. They had to take 6+ months over a year ago to rebuild it from scratch. But the rest is as you probably know by now.

Roxwell

May 24, 2017
Not to mention, the death of Flash over 2 years ago did not help anyone.
Oh, please not this bs again. Those who want to work further with flash, do it without any hindrance.
They even reluctantly admit themselves that Flash was better.

Jan 20, 2022
I had some ideas in the past about creating a modding tool. Not a mod itself, but an interface that allows creating mods,
Yeah, that would be great, Mods makes the game more interesting and exciting cuz' someone added a mundane thing here to crazy stuff over there. Too bad that they don't like modifications of their OC's though, I do not understand their anger about it

Bloep

Sep 2, 2020
Wait, so ALL the upper floor bunny content that was 99% done is just cancelled by Fenoxo and co on a whim, and then they instead release a new class they haven't bothered playtesting and is asking us to do his work for them?
YOU THREW OUT MY FUTA BUNNIES.gif M-muh futa bunnies ;(

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Who said it was cancelled?
Not cancelled, technically, but in "stasis." From William's post about it :

"Concerns were raised about Sophora's quest and resolution, and in short, it cannot be incrementally added in the coming weeks as I had hoped. That's not all, as other concerns were raised about Vanika and the follow-up to post-probe ZS. What this means is that Sophora's quest will not be added to the game and due to the present uncertainty about Vanika & the rest of the document, the entire project is now in stasis. I am not deleting it, of course, and I'll be sure to tell you if there are any changes in what's to come on this topic. "

Given Fen&Co's track record, I doubt it'll ever see the light of day. I would be extremely happy to be proven wrong.

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
I feel like the team shooting down Sophora's shit may be the final nail in the coffin for William's involvement with the game, the guy's already slowed his writing to a crawl because he's so depressed, I wouldn't be surprised if he just quits altogether now. Which is a shame because he is one of the best writers imo.

Also the new psionic class is awful, nice work fenco.

• Sad
Reactions: namelessone22

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I feel like the team shooting down Sophora's shit may be the final nail in the coffin for William's involvement with the game, the guy's already slowed his writing to a crawl because he's so depressed, I wouldn't be surprised if he just quits altogether now. Which is a shame because he is one of the best writers imo.
I don't think he'll quit, honestly. He's already working on Phaedra stuff and said he'd post the first doc this weekend. I do agree that his Zeng Shi stuff getting canned probably hurt a lot, but he seems to be forging ahead.

Also the new psionic class is awful, nice work fenco.
What's bad about it? I was planning on starting a new save with a Kineticist.

4.10 star(s) 63 Votes