4.20 star(s) 17 Votes

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
This is what it looks like when the content is disabled (Screenshot is from 0.12.0) so pay no mind on the last locked image.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is what it looks like when the content is enabled:
Notice how the image below the restricted is also different? I'll probably replace the image (that is blocked at the moment) once I get the chance (and time) to render the pixies again one of these days...

And I also noticed I swapped the first two images around... eh something for 0.13.0 to fix...

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
still the same here
Hey! New and exciting ways for things break!

I'll check with the mod installed if that changes things...

:unsure: Hmmm curious. Although my version is 0.12.0. I know there were few issues with 0.11.0 but that wasn't among them. But for some reason, the content toggle is on, on your side and it doesn't change back when using the toggle in the UI (it's just if check). I'll see if I can track what causes that down as it works fine on my end.

Last edited:

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
thank you for your patience
I just think it's weird I only use the mod
It's weird, and I just tried it with a mod and it worked as it should be, again 0.12.0 but it shouldn't matter as nothing touches those files as is. For some reason, the variable in question gets set to True, and I just combed through my files and there is only one location where it is set and it is in the preferences.

Curious... Unless...

EDIT: Nope, wasn't some exotic save behaviour either. I'll keep looking into it to see if I can figure out what happens. So let's try again in about two weeks when 0.12.0 hits public to see if that changes things since there were some updates to the system.

Last edited:

Garrokin

Aug 14, 2020
I must say, this update (v 11) is very good. Especially the scene during enchanting the cart. I could say, that it is heartwarming. Seeing Ayaka evolution, I just feel happy to see her 'new self'. She had enough problems on her, some she created herself, but most were just thrown on her. Good to see, that she starts to be more in peace with herself.

That also leads to the second thought - is the price of magic a universal thing? That is affecting every magic user? Or only the arcane ones? For now, we know about the price of Ayaka and Eirlys, if I understand it correctly. What about the others?

Also, I wonder, if the secret from this update is just a piece of graphic, a custom render, or something canonical to the story? Aside the dress of the one of characters presented there, all the rest seems to be the logical continuation of previous events and their consequences.

Yopi Tsuki

Mar 30, 2020
Hi, made a Unofficial Android Port with ShaddyModda Multi Mod:

Tribulations of a Mage 0.12.0 :
/ (511 Mo)

If it say "Warning Unknown Developer" you must allow "download from unknown source" in your settings or just install it anyway.

This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

I'm new into this so if you are experiencing some problem please pm me and i will look into it or if you have any idea on how to made my ports better i'm all hears.

Last edited:

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I must say, this update (v 11) is very good. Especially the scene during enchanting the cart. I could say, that it is heartwarming. Seeing Ayaka evolution, I just feel happy to see her 'new self'. She had enough problems on her, some she created herself, but most were just thrown on her. Good to see, that she starts to be more in peace with herself.

That also leads to the second thought - is the price of magic a universal thing? That is affecting every magic user? Or only the arcane ones? For now, we know about the price of Ayaka and Eirlys, if I understand it correctly. What about the others?

Also, I wonder, if the secret from this update is just a piece of graphic, a custom render, or something canonical to the story? Aside the dress of the one of characters presented there, all the rest seems to be the logical continuation of previous events and their consequences.
I can answer to most of that... The simplest one is the secret renders. They are sort of canonical. Some makes sense if you are on the right paths (like what is Shani praying and wishing for, and the fairy goddess is listening), and if you aren't they are just things that happens. So yes, the last one is the Empires' response to the "assassination" attempt of an imperial mage.

Price of magic... This can get complicated rather quickly. But to keep it simple, yes, everyone has a price of magic. However, the price depends on the magic that is being used and by who. Priests, for example, get it "easier" in a sense. It means total devotion to their gods. They can't pray to other gods for guidance/power or they will be killed by their original deity. Now, as you saw with Gudbrand, you can't accidentally pray to another god. It's deliberate action.

For others? It's sort of mutation, if you will, for lack of a better term. Eirlys' skin became glass like to a point. Empress and couple other have their eyes flaming. To the dwarf kid it was blindess, but he could "see" with his hands.... For some it's more visible, to some it can be hidden. You wouldn't know Ayaka's from just looking at her. To some, it might be beneficial, such as living longer than they should. Or some like rotting flesh not so much. Or like that one merfolks cases inability to breathe out of water.

Now, those who wield demonic magic, their price is that they either turn into demons or they get devoured by one, the latter being the most common case let's say 98% chance. And that means permanent death. Soul isn't collected by Atrix nor send to the god they worship, who may or may not grant rebirth. Get involved with demons and that's it, you are done.

And yes, even Gweyr has one, it just hasn't been talked about.

EDIT: As for the dress, that was intentional. But even though I do like to keep things "realistic" for most characters, there are always going to be outliers who... do things differently. That one character was one of them. And like in reality, some people do what they want even when it isn't necessarily a logical thing to do, like running naked into icy water. Her case? She dresses like that because she can.

Last edited:

Garrokin

Aug 14, 2020
It's sort of mutation, if you will, for lack of a better term.
It may be a quite logical choosing of a word, as magic seems to be the force, that shapes reality in a way, that often defies the traditional laws of nature. So, using it extensively (in other words, just casting spells on regular basis) may leave a trace of that force on the user. If we assume, that the magic energy is unstable and chaotic in its nature and the spells are just binding it and channeling it to the desired form and effect, the constant exposure to it may cause some kind of anomalies.
Priests are probably shielded to some degree by their god(ess) or in direct way or indirect. Shamans probably a bit similar, as they are casting spells not just by themselves, but with help of the spirits.

The price of magic is an interesting piece of Lore by itself. Although my first association will probably always be hourglass eyes of Raistlin Majere.

So yes, the last one is the Empires' response to the "assassination" attempt of an imperial mage.
I wonder if we will have some more info on Lord Izumi in the future? What will be his fate? he seems to be alive, at least in that moment. And, most importantly, what was his past, if Lady Izumi and her daughter were mentioning, that there was a time, when he was different? It is interesting, as people, in most cases, have a reasons to undergo such changes. And if Lady Izumi was also remembering him that way, it looks like he was a better man for longer period of time and that would rule out the influence of his upbringing (and heritage of his family stances towards outlanders) as the single and only cause.

Now, those who wield demonic magic, their price is that they either turn into demons or they get devoured by one
I wonder, what position demons have in this universe? Are they just some kind of primordial force? A race of beings from other realms/planes of existence? Or servants of evil gods?
BTW. this devouring souls thing - it seems to have some points in common with necromancy. It makes me wonder, if this way of using magic is somehow trying to mimic demon magic (in sense of manipulating energy from souls), but placing the necromancer in place of demon, not the victim?

Kyounshi

Feb 27, 2019
Noticed a spelling thing in the most recent update, The plural for Dwarf is Dwarves, not Dwarfs. Great now I've said the word in my head so many times that it doesn't sound like a real word anymore.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Noticed a spelling thing in the most recent update, The plural for Dwarf is Dwarves, not Dwarfs. Great now I've said the word in my head so many times that it doesn't sound like a real word anymore.
This turns out not to be the case. Unless you're Tolkien.

Reactions: keefer43

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
This turns out not to be the case. Unless you're Tolkien.
Not really. Dwarfs is correct plural when you are talking about non-mythlogical things and dwarves is when you are talking about mythological things like dwarves in fantasy.

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Not really. Dwarfs is correct plural when you are talking about non-mythlogical things and dwarves is when you are talking about mythological things like dwarves in fantasy.
Even if you're right (if), that still doesn't make dwarfs incorrect.

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
Tolkien intentionally used the incorrect spelling because he just didn't like the word dwarfs. As such, it's a stylistic choice and could be considered IP, so there are lots of examples of fantasy authors still spelling it correctly to avoid potential infringement. There are many, many examples of it being spelled correctly to reference mythological or fantasy creatures, even after Tolkien's works have risen in popularity. Spelling it dwarves isn't for mythological or fantasy creatures generally; it's specifically to reference Tolkienesque creatures (and sometimes also setting).

4.20 star(s) 17 Votes