4.00 star(s) 28 Votes

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Talothral

Whatever happened to Ayaka's father after the attempt ? was it revolved off screen or will we see some sort of outcome involving him after the attack ?

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I hope that racist gets what should come to him. But then if based on real life, those in power and with money usually don't have to worry about the crap they do.
Usually, yes, but certain someone tends to have a dim view of attempted murders (and murders) of certain groups of people, such as sanctioned mages and nobles.
Talothral

Whatever happened to Ayaka's father after the attempt ? was it revolved off screen or will we see some sort of outcome involving him after the attack ?
Only the arrest happened off screen, seen in one of the hidden images. What will happen? Well, what was chosen might have influence on things.

Reactions: Reniere

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

Hello all.

So yeah... progress. Update 0.21.0 was handed to proofreading and testing. Had to re-render one of the sequences because it had an issue that annoyed me. But that's done already so... although I need to make a note to add something to the codex. And speaking of the codex, I will look into adding familiars for the mages to it. It shouldn't be too difficult with the way I want to do it, but it will require some testing to be certain. Although Nisha already has her entry on the main cast page, but that's because she is seen most often out of the familiars and she has had an important role in the story overall.

And thus, I'll write the weekend and start rendering 0.2.0 on Monday and writing the next bit also then, most likely anyway.

DMR12082024.png

No spoilers, thus some daily motivational render. The fights are problematic in a sense. They kind of work right now, but a lot of them will boil down to some sort of deadlock, at least until Nisha (or someone else) comes and mauls the opponent. Or distraction. But that is the nature of magic. The one who makes a mistake first loses. Or who is the fastest or the stealthiest one. It's partially why Garrett in Terminus Reach did a lot hand to hand combat, it's visually more pleasing than just walking into a room and snapping everyone's necks psionically. Or throw them into a steel wall at 100 kmph (60 mph). Although both did kind of happen occasionally. So I've been looking a way how to enhance some fights that might occur in the future... and I found it. And it was completely random from a store I knew existed but never really used before. Just need to learn how to tweak the vdb shader. Will it be now the default way to fight? Not really, it depends on the fight and the scene. But I like to have the option.

Anyway, have a nice weekend you all!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. here is the problem ... right here: Tomas already has the bandaids of reckoning, the fire blaze of torment and the enchantment of protection in his vocabulary - how hard is it for him to verbalize them and use them in fights?
HOw hard is it to grasp that tentacles, whips or bands - literally endless fighting arms at the carefree disposal of Tomas are wonderful visual aids and spices to any fights? Who needs hand to hand when MC literally has ropes to whip and toss opponents aside? MC also has powerful fire tempest at his finger tips - how awesome is a fire ball for drama in a fight?
The answer is obvious to any todler - Totally Awesome!
So I've been looking a way how to enhance some fights that might occur in the future... and I found it. And it was completely random from a store I knew existed but never really used before. Just need to learn
Nisha is a literal spirit animal who is bound to Tomas and is solely focused on his well being and preservation of life - if Tomas dissapears, so does Nisha - so where would Nisha be that MC can, even if he tried, be alone in a fight?
It has been expressed at neuseam the phisics and magics of their bond makes it impossible to be apart, even if they tried.

Although Nisha already has her entry on the main cast page, but that's because she is seen most often out of the familiars and she has had an important role in the story overall.
Tomas does recon - so do the damn work before the fight and strategize - just like he did with the necromancer in the first updates - is Tomas suddenly a moron and haplessly just jumping head first into fights? Is he a lunatic hermit all of a sudden?

The merry companions we have gathered and cherished along the way have been ready to tell Tomas what is what about his hissy fits. It really is about time we get to see their efforts come to fruition in Tomas rising up to their expectations like a true leader should.
The fights are problematic in a sense. They kind of work right now, but a lot of them will boil down to some sort of deadlock, at least until Nisha (or someone else) comes and mauls the opponent. Or distraction. But that is the nature of magic. The one who makes a mistake first loses. Or who is the fastest or the stealthiest one.
MC has a spirit animal he can turn invisible and he usually uses her for scouting, as she is happy to help keep Tomas safe and he shares her smell and her eyes and her feelings and her thoughts in ways we cannot even immagine.

About time we see actual visible proof of their bond both before and during the fight, because ”sudden” when we know Nisha is appearing outta thin air exactly at Tomas location like all the other spirit animas do in this game is not in our vocabulary.

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
Well .. here is the problem ... right here: Tomas already has the bandaids of reckoning, the fire blaze of torment and the enchantment of protection in his vocabulary - how hard is it for him to verbalize them and use them in fights?
HOw hard is it to grasp that tentacles, whips or bands - literally endless fighting arms at the carefree disposal of Tomas are wonderful visual aids and spices to any fights? Who needs hand to hand when MC literally has ropes to whip and toss opponents aside? MC also has powerful fire tempest at his finger tips - how awesome is a fire ball for drama in a fight?
The answer is obvious to any todler - Totally Awesome!
You forgot Gwyen or however it is spelled. She is basically an elementalist. It has been proven she can control fire AND water. So can you imagine what she would do if Shani got the fire going?

4.00 star(s) 28 Votes