4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Hey Talothral maybe change the lighting here or make the text a little darker? Us old folks may find it a little difficult to read ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And Guenwyhar is my favorite character so far! :love:
Better?

I'm just glad this came up now and not when it's update 20. Then the answer would have been "I see what I can do, but I make no promises". >.>

Adding outlines for text makes it pretty much always readable, regardless of background colour or light conditions, with few very rare exceptions.
And even in those case, I can change text or the outline colour fairly easily now... usually the outline should be enough.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Better?

I'm just glad this came up now and not when it's update 20. Then the answer would have been "I see what I can do, but I make no promises". >.>

And even in those case, I can change text or the outline colour fairly easily now... usually the outline should be enough.
That is indeed better, and yes, in those rare cases you just change the colour of either or both and it fixes things.

Reactions: Talothral

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Better?

Perfect!

Reactions: Talothral

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Don't those choices mean the same thing?
The devil is in the details. First one states that he would like to give that promise, but he can't because he might need to break it. The latter outright states that he can't even think of promising that.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
Some strange somewhat inconsistent story fodder:
The employer - lord of the land where we find MC, right at the moment when he proceeds to exorcise the fire elemental,
he obviously sends MC and his possey to a speciffic tavern with room and board for that night.

Then, the companion says he will stay at unmentionable inn either in the town of the employer, which seems to be two full hours of walking through the forrests full of game, or at some brothel in the capital, where, in stark contrast, MC is supposed to have a bed - with no explanation whatsoever.

When MC and the companion do get a table and rooms at the inn, we find out it is the very speciffic inn where the lord of the land had already sent word in advance to house MC and his possey till morning.

The inconssitency is: obviously MC and his companion and the lord who enlisted their services were always talking knowingly of a very speciffic inn where mc and the companion do end up where the lord of the land already sent word, therefore there is never warranted nonsense talk amongst Mc and his companion of just whatever inn, they know full well it is that inn, the one they knowingly have been talking to the lord about and they end up precisely at the exact inn that had been reserved in advance by the lord.

During their walk through the forrest, MC sends out his familiar to hunt deer so why is he and his companion starving, feeling ill
if he had a whole forrest teeming with game and full of all the ingredients for his potions of alchemy and whatnot,
why all the whining and the charade that they were starving and needed a night full of wine and meat, while they kept crying themselves into boredom about how they did not get paid and they had dwindling resources?

Last edited:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Some strange somewhat inconsistent story fodder:
The employer - lord of the land where we find MC, right at the moment when he proceeds to exorcise the fire elemental,
he obviously sends MC and his possey to a speciffic tavern with room and board for that night.

Then, the companion says he will stay at unmentionable inn either in the town of the employer, which seems to be two full hours of walking through the forrests full of game, or at some brothel in the capital, where, in stark contrast, MC is supposed to have a bed - with no explanation whatsoever.

When MC and the companion do get a table and rooms at the inn, we find out it is the very speciffic inn where the lord of the land had already sent word in advance to house MC and his possey till morning.

The inconssitency is: obviously MC and his companion and the lord who enlisted their services were always talking knowingly of a very speciffic inn where mc and the companion do end up where the lord of the land already sent word, therefore there is never warranted nonsense talk amongst Mc and his companion of just whatever inn, they know full well it is that inn, the one they knowingly have been talking to the lord about and they end up precisely at the exact inn that had been reserved in advance by the lord.

During their walk through the forrest, MC sends out his familiar to hunt deer so why is he and his companion starving, feeling ill
if he had a whole forrest teeming with game and full of all the ingredients for his potions of alchemy and whatnot,
why all the whining and the charade that they were starving and needed a night full of wine and meat, while they kept crying themselves into boredom about how they did not get paid and they had dwindling resources?
First, the wine is needed as base for the potion, you don't make potion just from the herbs, it needs some base for it. Also while the forest might have been full of game, it does take quite a while to actually process the carcass to be actually edible and tasty, with draining blood and such from the meat. Plus you don't really get sustained with just meat, not to mention that cooked/prepared meal is always better than travel rations.

Second, the talk about the brothel in capital etc... is about the next destination of their journey, after leaving the inn they were staying after destroying the fire elemental. Not about the inn they are going to be staying that night.

Reactions: jaxofalltrades

Gorse

GFX Designer
Aug 16, 2020
Lately discussed in ToaM ;):

ToaMgorsed.jpg

Gorse: Uhm, yeah....Thanks, I guess :unsure: :KEK:.

Regardless, here are the fan signatures for "Tribulations of a Mage":

ToaM - Sig 1
300 x 124 px / 0,81 MB /.gif
ToaM - Sig 2
300 x 124 px / 0,92 MB /.gif
ToaMsiG.gif
ToaMsiG2.gif
LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/12/3191437_ToaMsiG.gif
LINK: https://attachments.f95zone.to/2023/12/3191438_ToaMsiG2.gif

Make sure to enhance your personal signature with these Sigs...
... you might even support the game & the dev in a wee magical way (without any tribulations!) :coffee:!

And Talothral: thanks for your new game & good luck with the future development. All the best!

Last edited:

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Northern native peoples did.
For that to happen, it takes very long time for your body and the bacteria in your people's intestines to adapt, they didn't go for that diet from 0 to 100 in a life time, but it happened over generations that migrated to the parts they now days live. If you read the article you posted, it's gradual change and has also changed their bodies with passing generations, like having larger liver than average person. And article also mentions that they forage quite a lot of different plant based food sources that exist in the north, like berries and tubers.

Slick Bean

Sep 9, 2023
For that to happen, it takes very long time for your body and the bacteria in your people's intestines to adapt, they didn't go for that diet from 0 to 100 in a life time, but it happened over generations that migrated to the parts they now days live. If you read the article you posted, it's gradual change and has also changed their bodies with passing generations, like having larger liver than average person. And article also mentions that they forage quite a lot of different plant based food sources that exist in the north, like berries and tubers.
MC looses two full hours to reach the town through a forrest full of game,
with a lepard the size of a bear - she is actually as big as Baloo is shown in the live action
mowgly movie or the original cartoon - doing the hunting, instead of roasting the catch and making some tea,
as MC is talked up rather brazenly for being this well practiced alchemist who specializes
in changing the nature of one element into another - literally what alchemy is supposed to be about.

But no! MC is carrying his aching carcase all that way just to go and whine or collapse in the inn, where he is only good for making concoctions for free to girls who are sex trafficking their peers
-what a model sex trafficker MC is in his way of life - getting disposabble sex objects - women used by the sterile potion girl which MC also turns into more of a sex trafficker asshole to her peers - she carelessly tells MC how much of a slave driver she is with her not working sterility potion skills - MC is helping a hustling idiot who botched potions in the past and prowdly tells that to MC, on her way to destroy some more of the lives of poor girls forced to live like sex objects in this abject world MC seems like a blundering priviledged prick so far.

For the like 2 months out of the year that they can, yeah.

Last edited:

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
But no! MC is carrying his aching carcase all that way just to go and whine or collapse in the inn, where he is only good for making concoctions for free to girls who are sex trafficking their peers
-what a model sex trafficker MC is in his way of life - getting disposabble sex objects - women used by the sterile potion girl which MC also turns into more of a sex trafficker asshole to her peers - she carelessly tells MC how much of a slave driver she is with her not working sterility potion skills - MC is helping a hustling idiot who botched potions in the past and prowdly tells that to MC, on her way to destroy some more of the lives of poor girls forced to live like sex objects in this abject world MC seems like a blundering priviledged prick so far.
I have two questions. What are you smoking? And why aren't you sharing it?

Okay, I know I probably shouldn't answer this, but fuck it, putting things in spoilers because wall of text.

Now knowing that. Is the MC still a privileged prick? Or is he realistic (and cynical) that no matter what he choses they still continue to do what they do. And even if he would decline (or could), they are going to ask it from the next one who dabbles in alchemy. And that next one might actually exploit them. So go ahead, don't give Nelda the alchemy equipment and see what happens at the end of the game. It ain't pretty. But does that make the MC a good person? No. Does it make him a bad person? No. He is just a person who knows the realities of life.

Also, if you chose to accept the girl, that is on you. That isn't even the good option out of the two provided.

I've said it before, don't read into things that aren't there, nor don't jump to conclusions too quickly. Actually, that gave me an idea... might not be pretty, but choices have consequences.

Last edited:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
That isn't even the good option out of the two provided.
Will there eventually be a built in walkthrough like there was for TRS2? I admit I suffered some choice paralysis there, before opting to decline (wasn't sure if the woman providing the services was an LI I was perhaps kicking to the curb).

*edited for clarification

Last edited:

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Will there eventually be a walkthrough like there was fir TRS2? I admit I suffered some choice paralysis there, before opting to decline (wasn't sure if the woman providing the services was an LI I was perhaps kicking to the curb).
There's Shaddy's mod. ?
But it's not in the OP now that I look, ya.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
What e6mill said. Shaddy is of course providing his most excellent service to yet another Talothral master piece :)

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I was specifically asking about a pre built in walkthrough like in TRS2, but failed to make that clear, sorry, and thanks!
For android, it is coming. There just some issues I need to sort out before I create even bigger cluster fuck with it by adding the walkthrough mod code to it. Mostly graphical issues, but better to sort them out before making things more complicated.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: TigerWolfe

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
For android, it is coming. There just some issues I need to sort out before I create even bigger cluster fuck with it by adding the walkthrough mod code to it. Mostly graphical issues, but better to sort them out before making things more complicated.
Cool! I know how much of a headache the code part can be. *he says while pointedly ignoring the huge coding project he volunteered himself into at work*

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes