PearlNecklaceProductions

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2019
BANNER-ANIMATED.gif

Overview:
TrickOrDick is an adult visual novel game. The story is set a week before Halloween as you play a young photographer who inherited his grandfather's house and moved to another town. In this new town he has a chance to begin anew as nobody knows him yet. He decides to throw a Halloween party in this new town, so he can get to know other people better and get known in the small town community. In the 7 days leading to the party, you will be able to meet people, interact with them and build their affection towards you. The game features multiple romances and endings.​

Thread Updated: 2024-05-31
Release Date: 2021-10-16
Developer: Pearl Necklace Productions - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.4.1
Language: English
Length: 2-4 hours of gameplay
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - -
Mac (v0.4): - - - -
Android (v0.3): - - -

Special Anniversary Edition
Win/Linux
: - - -
Mac: - - -
Android: - - -

Thank BaasB for sharing the link

screenshot0008.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0012.png screenshot0013.png screenshot0012.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0040.png screenshot0016.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 292805

I'm gonna assume the greatest trick was pulled here - slipping a contagion in the game's world's water supply to have all people in the game be infected with Down Syndrome.

PearlNecklaceProductions

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2019
Hello everyone and thank you for you feedback.

We both had the idea for this game last Halloween, where the player would go from house to house and instead of trick-or-treating, you would be Trick or Dicking, where the first choice would be some kind of a sex related prank and the other choice would be sex with the person opening the door. We had different characters with different personalities planned for opening the doors, leading to different sex scenes and possible pranks. Over the year, this idea evolved into this kind of dating-sim / visual novel genre, because we chose our first game to be made in renp'y and wanted our characters to have more depth and story.

We are also both aware that the art is still far off from some creators and games you can download on this forum, but we are trying our best. Our art has been constantly improving trough the making of a demo, and will continue to do so in the future. You can see the progress she has made on the image attached bellow, as she has only recently started drawing seriously.

We both spent 100+ hours separately on this project since September to meet our deadline for the demo release, which we did on the last day :D. The plan for this demo was to showcase what we are currently capable of doing and to get the players to voice their opinions about it.

We will keep working on the game. Next we are going to add a new girl to the story - she is teased in the demo. And hopefully, you will give v0.2 a chance.

instagram_5.jpg

PearlNecklaceProductions

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2019
Will it be an harem game?
Wow, this question was way harder to answer than I thought. If by harem you mean Harem genre usually applied to Japanese light novels, manga, anime..., than in essence yes. You will have multiple characters that can be romanced and at the end of a week, you can end up with one of them of your choice. Or if you did everything right with multiple characters, you can unlock some different endings, maybe with multiple girls. All of this was presented in the demo. We are currently working on our third girl called Yui and have a lot work to do. We want to add more different characters with different personalities and most of them (if not all) will be available to romance, but if you are talking about harem in the way of hoarding them and "putting them in your basement", then that's a no because that's not the vision for our game.
I hope this answers your question.

curtiskwong8

Nov 2, 2018
Wow, this question was way harder to answer than I thought. If by harem you mean Harem genre usually applied to Japanese light novels, manga, anime..., than in essence yes. You will have multiple characters that can be romanced and at the end of a week, you can end up with one of them of your choice. Or if you did everything right with multiple characters, you can unlock some different endings, maybe with multiple girls. All of this was presented in the demo. We are currently working on our third girl called Yui and have a lot work to do. We want to add more different characters with different personalities and most of them (if not all) will be available to romance, but if you are talking about harem in the way of hoarding them and "putting them in your basement", then that's a no because that's not the vision for our game.
I hope this answers your question.
Yes it answer my question.

D

Deleted member 451676

The police came to my place when I tried this last Halloween. :-(

PearlNecklaceProductions

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2019
Hello everyone.

We finally finished porting the game for Android to a version we are both generally satisfied with.

Download link:

The version in question has a few additions to the game itself, but nothing major was done to the story to be important release for all platforms. If there is interest to v0.2.5 to download for PC/MAC, we will make it, otherwise all the additions will be included with the v0.3 and new girl Patricia.

If you still wished to quickly check new stuff without downloading the game, you can also do so on .

Update notes(taken from newgrounds):

Update v0.2.5 (12.5.2020):
  • This update might not seem like much, but a lot of optimisation was done in the background, which brings us this version that is free of all blurry images in cases where they are not loaded, thus increasing loading speed a bit compared to v.0.2.3 however it is still way faster compared to v0.1 here on newgrounds. Downloadable versions are still the same and is not included in this update.
  • Web version could also be run on mobile phones before, however support was limited. You can now also download official android port (universal) or play mobile on newgrounds and it should detect you playing on mobile.
  • Added music to the game, volume can be modified in options or disabled.
  • Added leaf / Sakura blossom animations when talking with Angelica / Yui
  • Rewrote all dialogue images to be shown dynamically with dress and expression on top of character sprite (before we had image for each expression combination) Thus resulting in 100MB smaller game size. If someone notices expression or character that seems out of place, it would be much appreciated if you ping us on newgrounds or drop by our Discord.
  • Fixed snake minigame. Free score pass to successfully tie Yui up for mobile and web will be removed in v0.3 (I reached 53 score on my shitty android phone on a first try ~ LazyPotato)
  • Updated shop a bit, added normal cereal after special cereal is bought.
  • Fixed map a bit, added 2 new locations. You are now able to visit the mansion and park (no story purpose in those locations yet)
  • Changed Typography of the game and dialogue box to something more personalised to TrickOrDick.
  • Added instructions for Battlesheep minigame