VN - Ren'Py - Tune in to the Show [Ep. 6] [RobertDeadth]

1. 5.00 star(s)

mandc

What a great game. I really like it.
    Great models and a story that is neither rushed nor boring.

No implausible manufactured drama and conflict that so often ruins a good tale.

Congratulations Dev, a game to be proud of. Please don't be tempted to change anything about it.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

finnL

Really Enjoyed this game. I really hope some fun things happen with Maya as she is so cute.

I really enjoyed how the story flows. I do wonder what is going to happen with all the woman ;)

Can't wait for an update :)
  3. 5.00 star(s)

jospaghettio

A very professional product. Beautiful renders and well written dialogue. Music is soft and unimposing and especially when kept at low volume it so far accentuates the light and playful atmosphere.

Note: This game is for readers. So, relax and take your time.

Tune in to the Show is the second work from RobertDeadth following his short proof of concept game A Date with Emily.

This latest game looks to have a much larger context with many characters. The girls at play are beautifully rendered and have well defined pleasingly individual personalities. The writing is near perfect English. It flows well and has numerous witty moments.

The reading experience is novelesque. There is a lot of granularity and detail in the narrative. Also in the renders. A single tip of the head may be given a separate render. That's a lot of rendering. The dialogue is fullsome and natural. Unlike the often shorthand form dialogue in many games which is kept as brief as possible in order to move to a new scene. In this game the narrative flow(both external dialogue and thoughts) is not rushed, yet not overly slow either.

If the player plays the game with a relaxed mindset, reading the game like a novel without haste then the experience will be maximized.

Try it out. May not suit all your kinks, but it's pretty sexy and I found it an enjoyable journey. Good luck to the dev.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

2382dudubes

Ep.1 (about 1 hour)
    The premise is, that MC joins a Big Brother type TV show with 1 other male and 6 females. He is encouraged to bed all the ladies. Right off the bat, the premise suffers from gigantic loopholes because the writer immediately clarifies that the other male isn't capable of interfering sexually in multiple (somewhat laughably disarming) ways. However, somehow the show runner can sexually test MC and would be able to replace him quickly, but somehow the same wasn't true for the other male, nullifying the logic of the start of the premise immediately.

There aren't really any choices in the game, it is pretty much a kinetic novel. There is a small round of guessing someone's lie during introductions and an opportunity to forego the sex scene, but no real "choices". Speaking of sex scenes, there are currently 2 scenes in the game, unanimated vanilla (1 bj, 1 sex).

Light stock lounge background music is present. The models look nice in my opinion.

MC is very bland, with no flaws. Too much Gary Stu for my taste. Every girl immediately fancies him, he is a good-looking, young stud, but also financially independent and acts mostly like a white knight in shining armor. Was rolling my eyes a bit reading through his dialogue and thought's. Not only very unrealistic, but also just... dull?

This brings me to my biggest gripe with the game: the writing style. It is painfully boring and repetitive. The writer of this game has an absolute OBSESSION with constantly mentioning that someone is smiling. Basically, every conversation ends up being a variation of something like this:

MC: "How are you doing, character?"
    She smiles at me.
    Girl: "Oh you came.. bla"
    I chuckle
    MC: "Indeed"
    She nods and laughs
    Girl: "So about that X.."
    I shrug and smile at her.
    We both chuckle at each other.
    [repeat]

The writer mentions that someone is laughing/smiling/chuckling over 340 times in just 1 episode. Reads absolutely obsessive. To the dev: You don't need to constantly describe that someone is smiling. You can simply SHOW it by having the model smile. There is a reason why "Show, don't tell" is an established core rule of writing. It just felt like the writer didn't know what to write about and just kept repeating the same sentence over and over again in different variations.

For now, I will give this an average rating, but the writing style in particular stood out in such a negative light that I can barely even justify that, considering it's a rather kinetic novel.

+ Models
    Ø plot, music
    - no relevant choices (yet?)
    -- MC and writing style
  5. 5.00 star(s)

LewdyMagician

Holding out hope for this game to do well.
    Excellent quality renders.
    Although there's little to play as of right now, all of the characters seem diverse enough in appearance and personality to make you like them all.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

SpartanDevil

Aight, jumping straight in, amazing renders and an engaging story.
    Figured I'd be playing most of it one handedly but wow the story had me hooked.
    No NTR.
    Harem routes.( only 2 lewd scenes in Ep1, but the setup is there)
    Would definitely recommend.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

DarkOs31

Well,normaly i don't do reviews especialy not for a 0.1 release.
    But this game is really promising.
    All girls are interesting,beautiful and also kinda cute.
    All their backstories seem plausible and their personalyties aren't like
    bland sexdolls.
    Renders are really good.

My favourite girls are :
    1: Da-eun she has the most beautiful face (i just wish her boobs were smaller(MY personal taste))
    2: Maya she's just adorable and cute
    3: Ayaka (what can i say,i just love asian girls)

I'm looking forward to how this VN will evolve.
    If you love VN's with an interesting story and cute girls on top,
    give it a try!

Overall a solid 4-4.5 stars for a first release.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

彡SILENT๛ONE

In simple words i enjoyed it. It's literally a perfect ending for my day also.
    Writing is quite good , renders are best nothing much to complain . :giggle:
    I liked it and it's now on my fav games list , sure waiting for next release. Thanks for such good story games. ;)
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Cosmic_B

The renders and storyline of game looks mind blowing. The character models are also looking beautiful and I hope the game will be improved as the time goes on.
    I would love following features to be added into this game:
    1. Pregnancy
    2. Open Roam
    3. More in world expansion and interactions.
    Will update once I complete.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Kal995

Review of Episode 2 Part 1

This AVN is off to a good start. There will be minor spoilers in this review, so skip to the end if you want a spoiler-free synopsis.

The premise for this game is at least somewhat novel. I've played a lot of AVN's, but none with this sort of focus, which now that I think of it, I find a bit surprising, as it seems like fertile ground for an adult game.

Characters: Each of the characters feels real, each with their own quirks with feeling like an obvious stereotype. The only thing that bothers me a bit is Richard. There's no way someone like him would make it onto a reality TV show, especially when the producers are clearly hoping for lots of sexy time to develop. I appreciate that Richard seems to be a nice guy, but in reality the producers would likely have chosen someone cocky and sex-obsessed to balance out the MC's pleasant guy-next-door vibes. If nothing else, the conflict such a narcissist would bring into the group dynamics would be great for ratings. The first part of episode 2 suggests that Richard may have been chosen for reasons that might be part of the mystery in the story itself. If that is so, then my objections about him aren't relevant.

We don't get as deep a dive into all of the character's motivations in the first part of the second day, but there aren't any red flags so far. I hope there are more interesting backstories ahead.

Story and Sex: I am one of those people who really likes an AVN with a focus on rich storytelling. It's a visual novel, after all. If you're looking for a fap-fest, this AVN probably isn't for you. I appreciate the way the final sex scene plays out, as it feels like a totally "in the moment" sort of decision two real people might make in this situation. The only scene I felt was a bit forced was the blowjob from the B- or C-list actress near the start of the game. Now, it is possible she was just playing the MC to get him to cooperate, but I feel that it is more likely in a case like that, that she would hint at future rewards without actually blowing him the moment they meet. Of course it is possible that Katherine isn't normally like that and she might apologize for coming on so strong later. Episode 2 part 1 suggests that her actions might also be part of the mystery of this story. Time will tell.

Character Models and Rendering: The models are quite good, but not the best you'll find anywhere. They look realistic, and I appreciate that so far all of them have decent human proportions. There's no "mega-sized" penises and breast and hip ratios seem believable for the body types chosen. If you're the sort who loves crazy-sized breasts and asses, all the more power to you, but I really appreciate showing real human proportions in stories that are meant to be realistic. These are beautiful people, just as you'd expect when it's supposed to be a reality TV show, but they don't look fake.

Posing for the scenes is a bit of a mixed bag, though. Some are fine, but look at the fingers during hugs and the fingers every time anyone is trying to think. Maybe Maya might point at herself when she thinks, but Richard does it as well, and the fingers don't even touch the chin in most cases. Even so, I don't find the poses to be overly distracting.

One other thing I think could help is the occasional animation during the sex scenes. I don't personally see this as a big deal, but I did notice its lack.

Music: Speaking in general, music can really be a mixed bag in an AVN. Understandably, these small (or one-person) team labors of love don't have the money for lots of custom-made music tracks, but if there isn't any effort put into matching the music to the action, you can tell and the music can be more annoying than helpful. Also, not every moment in a game or movie needs music, knowing when to be silent is also an art. Thankfully, the dev for this AVN has clearly tried to match the music with the scenes and so it doesn't get repetitive or distracting. That sort of thing can be harder to pull off than you might imagine, so good on RobertDeadth, I hope this keeps up. I would love to see a few atmospheric sound effects added, too.

Spoiler-free Summation:

This AVN is off to a good start, and I look forward to seeing more of the story.

Pros
    • Story
    • Models
    • Character development
    • Music choice

Needs Work
    • Posing
    Missing
    • Animations
    I support the dev. Good job so far!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

portgasdluigi

Put your reading glasses on, because Tune in to the show puts the “novel” in visual novel. This is a script heavy experience and the writing takes center stage. You’ll start the VN going into a meeting with Katherine, a celebrity who’s hosting the reality show you’re going to be on. She has some very interesting requests (maybe demands haha) of you while you’re living at the house. She’s fairly straightforward here with what she wants you to, fuck every girl as many times as possible and make a harem. She’ll need to test you to make sure you’re up to the task first though. You can tell from the writing that there’s more to Katherine than what’s on the surface. Paying attention to the writing is going to be your best friend here, and throughout the rest of the game.

One week later, it’s time to move into the house and meet the people you’ll be living with for the next 30 days. I’m going to try and keep this short because I could write a novel of my own here haha. But the rest of Episode 1 covers your first day at the house. You’ll get to meet all of your housemates and dive into who they are and what drives them. The basic structure of the show is that the contestants get paired up and need to accomplish the tasks given to them, so you’ll be interacting with a character more when you get paired up with them. For example, MC and Maya are partners for day 1, and their mission is to clean up the kitchen after dinner. So you spend a large chunk of your first day exploring the house with Maya, but you’ll get to know the rest of the characters pretty well too.

As you interact with the characters you’ll be happy to discover they all come off as real people, they’ve all got their quirks, their likes and dislikes, their hopes and dreams. No one is unlikeable and no one is causing any problems (although it’s only day 1 so who knows what can happen.) Every conversation really shows off RobertDeadth’s ability to write.

At this point I’d like to point out how good this VN looks, especially considering the hardware that dev is working with. Every render is beautiful and nothing looks cheap. It’s really up there in terms of render quality. I can only imagine what the dev will be able to accomplish with a proper set up.

Tune in to the show is a character focused story that’s not too dramatic or dour, and instead focuses on some good ol’ light hearted and heartwarming moments with engaging characters. It’s only the first day these people have met so while it is a harem game, don’t go into it expecting to fuck all the girls right away. This is the kind of story where the connection/ romance between MC and the girls will be established first and foremost before the “fuckfest” begins.

TLDR:
    Well written story with engaging characters.
    Renders are beautiful and you’ll see some unique environments.
    Very story heavy, be prepared to read and not skip the dialogue.
    Limited choices, feels like a kinetic novel
    Two lewd scenes in this first release.