VN Ren'Py Tune in to the Show [Ep. 7] [RobertDeadth]

3.90 star(s) 54 Votes

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Hey everyone, thank you for all the comments and speculation, it's a lot of fun to read, even if I can't really comment on your theories for obvious reasons. Anyhow, I've just uploaded a public poll on my Patreon page and I would love to hear your opinions. Because I finally have better hardware, I'm now able to create more complicated renders. That got me thinking, it's now possible for me to have more varied renders and not stick only to the first person perspective. However, I wanted to ask the players if they would be okay with more variety, or if it would somehow break their immersion.

Here's an example of a render that I could include in the game:

3e93.png

What do you guys think? Most renders would still be in the first person perspective, but would some variety be welcome?

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Hey everyone, thank you for all the comments and speculation, it's a lot of fun to read, even if I can't really comment on your theories for obvious reasons. Anyhow, I've just uploaded a public poll on my Patreon page and I would love to hear your opinions. Because I finally have better hardware, I'm now able to create more complicated renders. That got me thinking, it's now possible for me to have more varied renders and not stick only to the first person perspective. However, I wanted to ask the players if they would be okay with more variety, or if it would somehow break their immersion.

View attachment 1978554

What do you guys think? Most renders would still be in the first person perspective, but would some variety be welcome?
I'm too lazy to log in to Patreon so I say as long as you don't overdo it by showing his face in every second render it is ok. He is not ugly as sin as many MCs but I also don't need to see his face all the time. First and third-person shots like in your post should be the majority of the renders.

unravelghoul

Feb 29, 2020
I'm curious who the soccer player's supposed to look like lol, the LeBron thing and the quotes book also gave me a giggle. Is the dev an r/soccer guy or something :KEK:

View attachment 1978554

Much prefer 1st person, although 3rd person from a concealed angle is also good for variety. Personally would not like a full shot of the face, maybe just parts of it is okay.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I'm too lazy to log in to Patreon so I say as long as you don't overdo it by showing his face in every second render it is ok. He is not ugly as sin as many MCs but I also don't need to see his face all the time. First and third-person shots like in your post should be the majority of the renders.
I'd say this pretty much sums up my view. 1st person is best, but 3rd person is fine occasionally when the MC isn't a total goober.

There were at least a few 3rd person shots already (getting hugged, Evelyn's sex scene, etc) and I didn't drop into a table-flipping rage when it happened. :D

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I agree with the others here. Some 3rd person renders really spice up certain scenes if done correctly. Especially during sex scenes or other important scenes. That said, I do prefer 3rd person as a whole. Some variety is great, but I would prefer they be kept to a minimum.

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Very good English use. Nice flowing dialogue if maybe too much sometimes. Really enjoying this game. Only small observation is that the dev uses too much DOF. It's almost in every second image. Still very good work Dev.

And as TheDick69 said, some 3rd person views would be nice to see.

EDIT: Ok so this story has probably the best defined characters of any game i've played. So well made and thought out. Love how the dialogue flows. Keep this up and you will have a really great Novel here. Specially love how the dev brought in 2 rich persons to compensate and make it believable for characters to like each other.

Last edited:

Cab-boe

Dec 7, 2018
One thing I think you should consider is leaning into the genre. This game is essentially Big Brother. Use wide angles to establish scenes, as though the player is watching the show, then transition into first person. Decide on specific locations where cameras are present in a given room and consistently place the camera there. Give us a sense of what it's like to watch the show.

Reactions: Gosamr

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
One thing I think you should consider is leaning into the genre. This game is essentially Big Brother. Use wide angles to establish scenes, as though the player is watching the show, then transition into first person. Decide on specific locations where cameras are present in a given room and consistently place the camera there. Give us a sense of what it's like to watch the show.
But that assumes the whole show premise is true, it seems there might not be any cameras.

Reactions: chainedpanda
3.90 star(s) 54 Votes