VN Ren'Py Tune in to the Show [Ep. 7] [RobertDeadth]

3.90 star(s) 54 Votes

fisty123

Oct 24, 2022
I kept putting this off but decided to give it a go and I just could not stop reading till I was up to date.
The romance in this game is done well for now, the renders are nice, the little animations in the latest chapter were a great touch.

As for the what is the game show game I had way to many ideas keep popping up in my head that I lost track of them all but some thoughts were:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I had many other ideas about it all but my mind kept changing while I was reading and these were the ones that I remember well excluding that last one. Either way I enjoyed this way more then I thought I would. I hope the romance still keeps going even if the game show mystery are bigger then what the MC thinks they are, cant wait to read more of this one.

marspig

Oct 16, 2018
Emily's hairstyle should be reused.

That hairstyle is the most fashionable and rare I have seen in daz's boring hairstyle models.

7talking-r.jpg 84-r.jpg

Reactions: offset8

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Some news - the game will be released in Early Access on Steam on the 3rd of March! :) It'll feature 20 animations, Steam achievements, and plenty of small tweaks and improvements. After the Steam release, I'll be working on Episode 4, hopefully finally full-time if the Steam release goes well. You can add it to your wishlists here if you'd like to help out:

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
Most of the recent reviews have mentioned that the game is too wordy and the dialogues are unnatural. I wanted to ask for everyone's opinions/advice about how to improve it. I understand the concept of wordiness, so I'm guessing that I'll try to improve that before the Steam release by trying to reduce the number of words used to convey the same message. However, the concept of the dialogues being unnatural is something I'm uncertain about how to improve. Maybe it's because English isn't my first language so the dialogues seem too formal? I'm not sure how to improve that cause I don't really instinctively see it myself. Would anyone be able to provide an example of an unnatural dialogue from the game and how it could be edited to be better? I think I'll probably get the concept after I see an example or two, so then I could improve the rest of the dialogues myself.
dialogue is ok, though i keep seeing the word organism used in weird ways.
also, vagina is inside. the outside part is called vulva.
my complaint would be that sometimes I cant read the text clearly because of white text on light background.

Last edited:

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Steam release is less than a week away! :giggle: I've created a new trailer for the game in which you can see glimpses of some of the new animations that I've added to the game's sex scenes. I also added a dialogue box opacity slider to the game so that everyone can adjust it to their liking. (the first one on the game's Steam store page).
I can't wait to see how the release goes, I'm pretty nervous but cautiously optimistic. Hopefully, it goes well, and I can work on the next episodes (and games) full-time :)

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Most of the recent reviews have mentioned that the game is too wordy and the dialogues are unnatural. I wanted to ask for everyone's opinions/advice about how to improve it. I understand the concept of wordiness, so I'm guessing that I'll try to improve that before the Steam release by trying to reduce the number of words used to convey the same message. However, the concept of the dialogues being unnatural is something I'm uncertain about how to improve. Maybe it's because English isn't my first language so the dialogues seem too formal? I'm not sure how to improve that cause I don't really instinctively see it myself. Would anyone be able to provide an example of an unnatural dialogue from the game and how it could be edited to be better? I think I'll probably get the concept after I see an example or two, so then I could improve the rest of the dialogues myself.
I'm not a native English speaker myself so I can't speak about the dialogue but I can give advice about the too wordy part. Yeah, some dialogue can be cut or shortened but I don't think it's really necessary more like nitpicking. Personality I don't mind it and I have seen worse in other VN.
For example instead of repeating a similar dialogue everyday morning: I wake up at 8 AM. Go to shower. Change clothes, go in the corridor and to the kitchen...etc. You can just change it to "The morning begins as usual" or just show a rendered image of the MC getting out of bed and go into the kitchen. All the MC inner dialogue like: I should go to the kitchen to see what De-un is doing can also be cut and just show the image of the MC going into the kitchen. Things like that. Wait, am I being too wordy in this comment :unsure: wall of text:rolleyes:

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Steam release tomorrow! Feels pretty surreal o_O I'm aiming to release the game at 1 PM CET. I'll also upload the new version of the game to $10+ patrons at around the same time. Consider buying the game and leaving a review if you enjoy the game and would like to help out :)

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
The game has just been released on Steam! :) Featuring new animations, Steam achievements and more!

3e259.png

If you'd like to help out, the best way to do it is by leaving a review with your honest thoughts about the game on Steam. It seems that reviews are the most important for the Steam algorithm. Have fun! :D

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
The game has just been released on Steam! :) Featuring new animations, Steam achievements and more!

View attachment 2434133

If you'd like to help out, the best way to do it is by leaving a review with your honest thoughts about the game on Steam. It seems that reviews are the most important for the Steam algorithm. Have fun! :D
Nice! I have now purchased it! I hope buying also helps with the Steam algorithm. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: RobertDeadth

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Nice! I have now purchased it! I hope buying also helps with the Steam algorithm. :)
Thank you so much! Haha, yes, buying also definitely helps. From what I understand, Steam will promote the game a lot during the first week after release, but after that, the level of promotion will depend very heavily on the review score of the game.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

View attachment 2434133

Congratulations and good luck:)

• Red Heart
Reactions: RobertDeadth

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Is the Steam version the same as the version here?
The Steam version has the same amount of story content (ends in the same spot), but it has new animations added to all of the game's sex scenes, Steam achievements, and some minor tweaks (like adding a dialogue box opacity slider, correcting some awkward wording or typos, etc.).

3.90 star(s) 54 Votes