VN Ren'Py Tune in to the Show [Ep. 7] [RobertDeadth]

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes

TAGELD

May 18, 2019
Fun game, excited to see where the story goes. There's an infinite number of potential reasons but I really hope the story doesn't go the scifi route unless its very well planned out. Was also expecting much more from the role play mission, so many fun possibilities there.
From what is going on so far, there seems to be one of three possible solutions: fantasy (It's magic!!), sci-fi (It's so-advanced-technology-it's-functionally-indistinguishable-from-magic!) or a secret multi-billionaire.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jan 28, 2019
My person current [and likely very silly] theories about the actual nature of the show:
1) Somehow, someway, Alice (MC's girlfriend of several years who broke up to him 2 years before things started) has orchestrated the whole thing. Why? Who knows. But between how much information was given about her backstory, how MC obviously still cares for her, and the fact that nothing was said/done about her character to make the player be put off by her (she didn't cheat, etc), I feel she will likely come back into the story at some point. Her being behind this, somehow, is one such way.

2) 2) Evelyn is the one who set it up/the one who knows something. She's rich, lonely, and wants a real relationship. She's also highly sexual and encourages you to be with the girls. Poly relationships could be a kink of hers, or even if she is as straight as she says, she might like seeing men with other women (provided it isn't cheating on her). Lastly, as she has some concerns that she is only wanted for money, she may feel that offering to share a man with other girls (that she approved of when casting for the "show") that she was offering something else to appeal to someone.

This would mean she cast MC as well, having probably done some research to make sure he was a decent guy, had the looks she wanted, was wealthy enough to not be interested in her for her own wealth, etc.)

She could arguably have the resources to set the whole thing up, as well as the surveys the girls had apparently taken in the past. Maybe Katherine is a friend of hers (or she knows through connections that her spotlight is falling, and she's lonely, and simply decided to involve her as well to see if she could spread some happiness.

Hell, if she is that wealthy, that crazy house could even be hers, or one of hers. As for the other guy? Having him on adds to credence that it is a reality show, and with him being an oddball (though harmless) it takes attention away from her when people think some things are odd.

3) (weirdest and least likely, though some things point to it) The house is a survival shelter of sorts. Maybe it's an academic experiment (could these people survive together if they were forced to, without jealousy pushing them apart?) or perhaps something more sinister (Aliens/nukes/zombie apocalypse are known to be imminent, and a group of survivors was chosen to repopulate). I feel this one is WAY WAY WAY too out there, unmatching the game's tone, and the least likely. But it also could explain the clandestine nature of how the show was set up, why they were each chosen, why the underground is so huge and so well stocked, and why Katherine, in truth or dare, will assure you (should you pick the option to ask about it) that you are all, indeed, safe in the house.

TAGELD

May 18, 2019
Keep the theories coming guys, they're very fun to read even if I can't really comment on them :p

By the way, the Steam store page for my upcoming short game "An Evening of Wonders" has just been approved! Please add the game to your wishlists if you'd like to help me out :)
I just hope you're not one of those storytellers that decide to change the answer just because someone guessed it, or that sets up mysteries without a clue how to resolve them. That's how you end up with horrendously unsatisafying endings.

Loving the game so far, by the way

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
I just hope you're not one of those storytellers that decide to change the answer just because someone guessed it, or that sets up mysteries without a clue how to resolve them. That's how you end up with horrendously unsatisafying endings.

Loving the game so far, by the way
Thanks, I'm happy that you like the game :) Well, the plot isn't going to change based on people's guesses, nothing to worry about here. I knew how I wanted the game to end and what's going on "behind the scenes" in the plot ever since I came up with the idea for this game a long time ago. Reading the theories is rather entertaining though, no matter how completely wrong they might be :p

Reactions: humanstickobserver

RobertDeadth

Game Developer
Dec 26, 2018
Are they going to be optional/avoidable?
Yeah, definitely. There won't be any forced sex scenes.

Having a plan about how the story will go from the start? Man, I wish Disney had hired you to run the last Star Wars trilogy. We might have gotten a coherent story.
Having (unfortunately) seen Rise of Skywalker, I wish so too! :p

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I really like the mc he isn't a pushy creep.
Like a lot of mc's we see on here are
I much prefer playing an mc who is kind and treats the girls with respect.

And I really liked the answer the dev gave about my threesome question.

It makes since the girls won't just start having threesomes or foursomes with the mc
It makes them seem more real when they don't just do whatever to make the mc happy

I don't know if every girl will be willing to do group sex
But if any girl doesn't want to my mc will respect her wishes hopefully lol

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
I've been writing public weekly development updates on Patreon for like a year and a half now, so if you wanna check how a given update is progressing, it's simplest to just read the latest weekly update there :)
Thank gawd you aren't like the other Devs that hide that behind a paywall. Shows you aren't insanely money hungry trying to paywall stuff that shouldn't even be paywalled. Like, is that shit top secret? hidden plans for world domination? the fuck you have to paywall it for? ohh, that's right, for more moneyz, got it.

So, thank you for at least being different than the rest.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
just wish listed the devs new game on steam because it looks really good
I love games that focus on one girl
So that game is definitely on my radar

• Red Heart
Reactions: RobertDeadth

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
From what is going on so far, there seems to be one of three possible solutions: fantasy (It's magic!!), sci-fi (It's so-advanced-technology-it's-functionally-indistinguishable-from-magic!) or a secret multi-billionaire.
They're all dead and it's Purgatory.

I knew how I wanted the game to end and what's going on "behind the scenes" in the plot ever since I came up with the idea for this game a long time ago.
Out of curiosity, in the part where the group is voting on whose photo is best, does the player choice actually have an effect on anything? It seems like the same group wins no matter who the player votes for, but I figured there might be variables in the background that have an effect on something else in the future.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 55 Votes