VN - Ren'Py - Turning the Page [v0.29.0] [Azienda]

1. 2.00 star(s)

nickrotund

this is a game that starts off really strong and have good corruption development for the main female character. but there is waaaaay too much dialogue and at the mid point of the story every other scene is just the same things being talked about over and over and it really drags for so so long. then the endings got released and they are way too lovey dovey boring.

also at the start of the game's development they used a different artist which is noticable because the art in the beginning was GREAT but the art nowadays is horrendous lol. so there's that as well
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Az~Hina

I have not played from the male PoV at all, and i do not plan to so I can only review the female PoV.

I really love this devs work, really hits the sweet spot. The art, the story, the pacing is all so good, and the scene setting is extremely hot!

It feels like people focus way too much on the characters morality... in a netorare based game. They are supposed to be morally degenerate, corrupted characters whose whole life revolves around sex, and that is why we play these games, they aren't supposed to be likeable, similar to every other NTR game.

Either way, i really enjoyed the story, it is a bit of slow burn in the beginning and it is a bit text heavy, so if that's not for you then dont play it... or use the skip function.

But if you ike NTR, espeically from a female perspective, you will love this game.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

hui13594

This devs can cook something great in the future, I wish them to improve, but this one is meh

the good:
    1. hot premise with slow burn
    2. writing is good at the beginning to mid section
    3. some L2D animations

The bad:
    1. 2nd part of the VN is boring and scenes are uninspired
    2. Male pov handled extremely bad with almost no juice for male pov enjoyers due to boring and uninspired scenes again
    3. Art is mid at best, sometimes it's just bad
    4. Lack of sprites for FMC, most of the time you look at the same fmc sprite and she never changes pose to keep you engage. 2D art is hard and expensive I quess, but if you care.. you care.
    5. Unbelievable and unconsistent characters, main bully specifically. Wasted potential again.
    6. Ending is just *wtf is this*.

Wish devs added some fun corruption screen for fmc to keep track of her endeavours between walls of text, but maybe next game they'll add it.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Archer123321

Not worth your time. And I mean it will take hours and hours of your time.

Extremely wordy VN that really falls off quickly. I know people love the story-building that VNs can have with their text, but I personally feel like 80% (this one included) of them are just wasting your time with text that doesn’t add anything to the scenario. Even worse, the story is honestly subpar and doesn’t seem like it knows where it wants to go - it feels like new characters and situations were added just to prolong this work than add anything.

Personally not a fan of the art as well, male MC looks weird for some reason. A mix of his facial expressions, big head and almost slender man like body… on top of inconsistencies with the FMC later in the game as well.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

opopi123

Generic NTR story that structurally is kind of the same as any other NTR story except the execution is really good. I'll probably preface by stating I didn't read everything in this game because it's like really long and I kind of got a feeling of there is alot of stuff in this game that doesn't need to be there entirely. The game is an NTR story so probably helps to remove anything that doesn't really add to it . I could be entirely on that point since I didn't read anything dealing with external characters outside of the main three.

Another issue that I saw is that the FMC looks different when in CGs vs the normal character portraits. Her breasts go up like 3 cup sizes or something whenever a sex scene happens and then go back to be what looks to be a D cup when she's just in her character portrait. It actually slightly jarring I like how she looks in the cg sex scenes so I hope they update her character portraits to just look more line. (Actually I just did a recheck and her tits aren't even consistent throughout all the sex scenes. They inflate over time. Would be hot if it was a story element but i think it's more likely just inconsistent art since the character portraits never change and entirely consistent throughout.)

There is currently only one real route. There is a NTR avoided route that ends the story early on but basically if you go that route it feels like a non story. I can't tell exactly is on the roadmap but it seems at least one or two more routes are planned. I hope these routes end up being some type of MC wins FMC back after corruption route because the current NTR route in the game is brutal. The writers kind of crafted something of a ultimate cuck where the MC doesn't enjoy being cheated on and losing his wife but is too much of a loser to do anything about it other than just take it. They basically write his ending to be as sad as possible and to maximize his suffering the bull and FMC live like this maximum happiness life where they have an amazing sex life are deeply in love , are rich and famous, end up having multiple kids (And its stated that this someone doesn't affect her body at all). I think this is a normal NTR story trope but you really feel like the writer dials it up as hard as it can go without feeling like looney tunes NTR (IDK i'm talking about NTR stories where they go too hard that it just knocks you out of the immersion).

Also this is normal for NTR stories so I don't know if it's worth mentioning but none of the characters are really likeable. They are all in their own way terrible people.

Also animations for sex scenes are good. Some scenes are animated and some aren't. The quality of the drawings is also random sometimes being pretty good and other times feeling shoddy. It honestly feels like you are watching a modern 12 episode cour anime with budgetting issues.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

biggestboyo

I wanted to like this, but couldn't. The VN started off great, scenes were hot, art was okay. Half way in I started to realize that this is no different than any other ntr VN, Felix is a scrawny idiot with zero redemption qualities and the awareness of a brain dead patient and this goes on until the very end. Zach is the typical blonde chad doing the NTR that the writers want everyone to like, but honestly that just made me hate him more.

First half actually had a story, but remainder only showed how much of a slut zach turned sophie into that I lost interested in reading and only watched the gallery scenes. The past works were better.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Idk2033

At first i thought i could enjoy this game until i found out the male MC is a literal idiot like the writing on that side of the story is just not good at all it kills the females side. I just believe that if the developer makes the male MC just have a brain it could honestly be a 4 to 5 star game
  8. 1.00 star(s)

kizaruxd

another cliché netorare game where the woman is blackmailed and then turns into a slut, I don't dislike the premise but the writing is so lazy that it bothers me. What I hate most about this game and hate in other similar ones is how dumb and idiotic the male protagonists are made, just because it's more convenient for the story.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Ragajaga

Honestly was enjoying this game so damn much but what is with v28 feeling like an extremely rushed ending cause it was bad really bad to the point it could really just ruin everything you had going with the game so far. I truely am disappointed with this latest update
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Dracodadark

Ok the game to me is just meh.. I had high hopes this game would get better over time, however it seems (including the graphics) to just get worse.
    The characters imo are just not likable all around and the story is just the same story I’ve played way too many times in different roles. I saw high reviews and gave it a go, but for me it’s just not worth my time or energy with better games out there .
  11. 3.00 star(s)

matsuy

Reviewing v0.28.0:

I really would like to give this one a 4-, or maybe even a 5-star-rating...

The artwork is decent (except for the very final scene in Sophie's route -- which is highly inconsistent with what has been presented before), the setup is ridiculous yet fun, and -- the parameters given -- the storyline [initially] is not too outlandish to break one's suspension of disbelief.

But:
    • especially in the first dozen of "chapters", way too many words (pointless dialogs/inner monologs) ...it just drags on and on -- and so even I, who usually does not skip from scene to scene, cannot see myself reading another line of what ultimately feels like filler text;
    • I don't buy the outlined progression of transformation from loving wife to "cock sleeve" (the second half of Sophie's route is okay-ish, however);
    • Felix's route is lackluster; and
    • as too often in this genre, TTP is kind of a kinetic novel, hence missing meaningful choices.
    So, I rate it a 3 to 3.5 for now... future releases may push it towards a 4.0 rating (iff the artwork used in the final scene for Sophie isn't an indication towards where this project is heading).
  12. 5.00 star(s)

FuroshikiIsMyFriend

Although thus is less evil and less logical than how I would like them to be, I believed in the dev, they will not dissapoint

At this point it's a lovey dovey relationship ending with ntr spices.

I hope sophie page still gets the ending she deserved, there is no point in cheating, cheating is bad, make it didactic for all the cheater out there, expose their gaffe.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Massagrassa

Great game, great plot, graphics, sound, conversations and double povs, MC was created in all his imperfection, one of the biggest justified losers, every action that goes against him is well created and motivated. Compliments
  14. 3.00 star(s)

ItsaJuicyPeach

What happened to the art? It's like 3 different people are trying to replicate the art from the first half and now none of it looks as good as it used to. Story is also kind of a let down now. It had a decent slow pace to her corruption and some believable writing at first, but I think either the dev or his pats got annoyed at the pace because she starts throwing herself at the dude in the span of of a single update and she just keeps doing it more and more ridiculously after that. Since then the writing has really dipped in quality. Something you would see from an explicit wattpad fanfic. The first half I would've gave a solid 4, but this second half would get a solid 2.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

dasw0nderkid

We all have varying preferences with these games in terms of how frequent and easy the sex scenes come and this may be a bit of a slow burn for some.

However, to me, it's strength is in it's writing and plot development. The dev has done a great job maintaining a progressing story and may be the single best dev i've seen on here when it comes to writing dialogue (and inner monologues). The updates come regularly and are always significant for those that really care about that sorta thing.

Definitely give this game the most enthusiastic recommend.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Neswangy123

Great script, great animation and it makes you anticipate for the next update. The dev made a hell of a good job. wish to see another games from him with that quality of course if he has the time to do so. But nonetheless, Fantastic work !
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Non_ho_idee

This was one of my favourites and it's a real shame how the game is coming along. The major let down it's for sure the art. It's just so incoherent. It started as the picture you see on the cover and I really liked it but now it's becoming more and more irrealistic and disproportionate, with cocks longer than an arm and tits bigger than space hoppers. The story is also becoming really dull. There was once a lady who loved her husband but she was also draw towards a lustfull relationship with a misterius student of her. Now there is just a cockslut who fucks with that student in front of her stupidly naive husband without caring less. This game should not be called "Turning the Page" but rather "Burn the entire B(r)ook(s)".
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Alexitaly

The game to date deserves three stars for some reasons, I'll start by saying that the story, the various aspects of the characters, are well constructed, the way in which Sofia goes from a super devoted wife to a now lost traitor, has an excellent rhythm, the right times of corruption, Zack has everything to be able to win this match, physique, beauty, super gifted, even a person who knows how to use his brain, on the other hand, Felix, I can understand that physically he had to be the opposite of Zack to start this story, but as often happens, I find the difference in the size of the penis too enormous, it's like saying that the bigger penis wins, but here it's not like that, already Zack has all the physical qualities to be able to win hands down, however that's not the case the real reason for the difference, and this is why I give three stars instead of five, is that a character that was too stupid and childish was created, and this already depreciates the challenge a bit, a Felix who has too many shortcomings would not win against anyone, not even with the his nerdy student, then another negative side, at least for me, who is now using this duo Sofia and Zack who fuck, for too long without having a logical end, or because with every update a sex scene or two occurs, with a little more and more corruption, lastly we are at the point that Sofia has now decided that Zack will be her new husband and father of her children, good, yes, but this should make us understand, that we are now at the solution of the story, add other similar updates, well, it would make us lose enthusiasm, and it would give little credibility to the Company, now, what does Zack really want or want from all this?
  19. 5.00 star(s)

lookatall

Starts a little slow but once it gets going it's fantastic.

This game has all the elements of what makes great NTR:
    - Woman being corrupted and discovering a whole new world of pleasure and awakening to both the thrill of the act and the taboo nature of the infidelity
    - Naive workaholic husband who keeps on assuming the best because his wife couldn't possibly be unhappy, unfulfilled, and undersexed in their marriage.
    - Dude stealing the wife corrupting her at just the right pace
    - Appearance changes reflecting ongoing corruption
    - Sexy art, the animations are a nice bonus
    - Both perspectives, you can see wife or husband PoV
    - Most importantly, writing that balances believability and suspense, while pushing forward character development, in the characters that it matters most in - the wife first and foremost, everbody else comes second.

I want to say more but it's difficult. That is, it's easy to articulate what makes bad or mediocre NTR, but when somebody gets all the ingredients right and does so in the right amounts to make great NTR... Well there's a very long list of checkboxes that need to be ticked for the best NTR and Turning the Page ticks them all.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

EnterYourNameHere

Nearly perfect game.

pros:
    - good art
    - good two routes (netorare (male pov) and corruption (female pov))
    - some animations
    - slow, but not very slow corruption

cons:
    - the choices are pretty pointless (only the text changes a bit but the following scenes are the same)

Summary:
    Its definitely worth a try cuz both routes are separate from each other. Means, if you play netorare route you will only notice how she changes but will not see, expect some hidden scenes, how she will get fucked.