Apr 16, 2020
Yeah taking a 2-month break while the update is supposed to be done or nearly done never bodes well, whatever the dev may say.
Not even if they also stopped their way of making income? Give the man the rest he needs, without the feeling of pressure to upload an update. The previous weeks of lack of progress already says a lot and it may just have been because his busy or his burnt out. Either way please refrain from the disappointment or dissatisfaction talks cause I honestly don't want this game to be abandoned due to the dev feeling fed up of the work and from his audience as well.

Last edited:

LAILE8877

May 19, 2024
Wow, I also want to interrupt, this type of game can appear because of the very low limit of the various platforms, which leads to almost everyone can create a game and release on the platform, but we all know that many games stop updating in the middle of production, and even many games stop at the 0.1 version. I understand that, because single-player development takes a long time and it's easy to lose enthusiasm and all sorts of things along the way, but I think more of the problem is the lack of management of a creator platform like Patreon, where we subscribers don't have a direct and full contract with the author, which leads to the platform, creators, The subscribers are in conflict with each other, and it would be nice if there were a way to reach an agreement among the three parties and implement it.

Reactions: IamUnderman

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
I mean, people can be sad or frustrated that no update rolls out, but we can at least respect the dev for stoping subscriptions. Making a game solo like that is like becoming a one man army. I see no milking here.

As for, will the game ever see another update ? With so many other games abandonned the same way than this one... It's a shame and I only wait to see one day the dev proving I was wrong.

I think this thread should receive a tag on-hold, whatever the words used by the dev, a minimum 2 months of not working on the game, without date on when the progress will resume is on-hold to me.

sstrangemd

Mar 15, 2020
It's always that one ..., who misreads the message, ignores the entire context of previous 6 pages of this thread and just says some random abstract meta bullshit :KEK: .
It was about two pages at the time of my comment but sure

The second a creator capitulates to torches and pitchforks it creates a slippery slope and they lose creative control over their work

skwada

Feb 13, 2020
new update, when?
dev said he needs 1-2 months to deal with some real life things, he said he might be back by start of October, but if not then definitely by end of October. You could read his post on Subscribestar, it's public, and theres a copy-paste of it somewhere in this thread too

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
new update, when?
The update will be at the date of next release.

Jokes aside, I understand people don't want to read an entire thread,I also don't, but at least make a small effort to read the last page. It may not be on purpose, but sometimes it gets really tiring seeing people spam "when new update?", no offense.

Reactions: Sh4dyW0lf

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Not sure why you felt the need to insult me, but I will show more decorum and not do the same to you.

This website is LITTERED with scams. That is objectively true. Vigilance is the only reasonable response in my eyes. If you disagree then that is your right.

I find it extremely convenient and frustrating that BaiBai has adopted this 'I will never release an unfinished update" stance during the cycle in which it benefits him. His fans are frustrated, they have been (objectively) mislead for two months on the release schedule and NOW he just can't bring himself to release a beta?

I am not buying it. Insult me all you want. I am not calling BaiBai a scammer, but I think he has mislead his audience and poorly managed this project.
While I understand your sentiment, as I'm also pretty vocal about scams around here (I even got nearly banned at some threads for calling out devs), at the same time this dev till now was fair about possible delays besides this specific patch. The fact that he also halted payments should also show goodwill from him, and personally I don't think it's fair to make judgements of a dev because of others.

I understand the doubts due the scam histories on this website, but if you are aware of that, and you are vocal about that, then you should also be aware of possible red flags... And besides the issues with this update he was always very down to earth.

So yeah, while I understand the feeling, it also isn't fair for a dev to be called out only because of that. The quality and frequency of releases, the engagement with the fans, the down to earth mentality and the freeze of payments should also be taken into account... And that to me shows seriousness at least.

If for some reason the game indeed gets abandoned, then we talk. But for now be patient pls, while I'm also disapointed for the delay, and I somewhat dissgree with the dev's decision of delaying even more, this so far isn't giving hints of scam as you're implying to.

And trust me, I'm also very vocal to possible scams, to the point of calling out devs who create a new patron after abandoning a project and receiving money from both at the same time. But this one isn't showing that... Yet.

Holyx9

Sep 2, 2023
As a sub for BaiBai, I started to notice a trend during the last few dev weekly updates when it was supposed to be done and yet no progress was being made. The update was supposed to come out end of July, but he did not want to rush himself since he wanted more time. I am conflicted with my thought since I don't get the feeling BaiBai is milking his subs like other much more egregious devs, but him supposedly being almost done with update 0.9 time and then having 3 weeks of dev update with nothing being done doesn't bode well. I get making games is hard and RL situations happens but I get the feeling that things are not going well for the dev. It could be burn out, loss of passion, sicknes or family drama that can be causing an issue but I am just speculating here. If the update does not come out by end of October than I have a strong feeling the game will be abandoned.

Fauno36

May 26, 2023
The update will be at the date of next release.

Jokes aside, I understand people don't want to read an entire thread,I also don't, but at least make a small effort to read the last page. It may not be on purpose, but sometimes it gets really tiring seeing people spam "when new update?", no offense.
BETTER SAID, IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Reactions: MaxRichard
4.60 star(s) 136 Votes