vernaugh

Nov 27, 2017
vernaugh Hmmm that is not good, crashing while reading... I'll take a look in the future, for me it does not do it, is your computer using hard drive or SSD and is it old or new
After a little bit of testing, I tried it on an old laptop (almost 7 years old, now), an external HD, a built in new (year old) SSD and another storage drive. Said laptop is working with Windows 8.1 and my main computer is working with Windows 10. The only consistent crash I can find is when I skip completely from NEW GAME all the way to the first sex scene with Lili (after murdering the bandits). This situation crashes about 75% of the time, I would say. If not, it would crash at random places.

I transfered my save from chapter 1-9 and I managed to get up until the scene where we are given a dream scene by Lili. I can only assume that it's a drawn CG scene because the game crashed as soon as Lili mentioned something to the tune of 'enjoy yourself'. That's as much as I've tested so far, I'm afraid!

Edit: Ah, yes, forgot to mention on my W10 PC, I also tried the game with Admin privs and also Windows 8 compatibility. I can get further and its how I got to the Lili-dream-conquest scene but, ultimately, the game crashes still.

• Sad
Reactions: Redikal

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
vernaugh I will have to get around to fix that issue before truly finalising the game, it doesn't happen often, but this crashing issue seems to occur on some computers, you are not the first to report such problems. It's kind of a big problem to be fair, I'll take a look into it whenever I have some time to really get under the hood of the game and come back with a solution.

vernaugh

Nov 27, 2017
vernaugh I will have to get around to fix that issue before truly finalising the game, it doesn't happen often, but this crashing issue seems to occur on some computers, you are not the first to report such problems. It's kind of a big problem to be fair, I'll take a look into it whenever I have some time to really get under the hood of the game and come back with a solution.
The best of luck! I did some more testing, and I managed to get to the Epilogue after innumerable crashes and constantly changing compatibility to different OS every crash. However, I am completely stuck right now when it comes to the epilogue. It will 100% crash every time it gets to the line *distant shouting* and the sound clip plays. I can't really give you any more input as this is the first completely consistent crash point I've encountered. Ancalia's best girl, so I'll be waiting a bated breath and will probably have to crack open my (even) older laptop to read it when it comes out!

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
vernaugh Could I pm you a trial version when I get around to fix it? I might have some ideas about what could be causing that, seems like it could be an issue with the caching of the sound effects, or some visual effects crashing the game. I would need someone that has the problem to ensure what I'm gonna try could work though as I'm not able to replicate the issue on my computer.

vernaugh

Nov 27, 2017
vernaugh Could I pm you a trial version when I get around to fix it? I might have some ideas about what could be causing that, seems like it could be an issue with the caching of the sound effects, or some visual effects crashing the game. I would need someone that has the problem to ensure what I'm gonna try could work though as I'm not able to replicate the issue on my computer.
Sure, I'm totally down for that. As far as the issue being probably related to the caching of the sound FX, it does correlate with the crashes I was having. I'll keep an eye out on my PM box, definitely.

Reactions: Redikal

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Tyrant Quest [Ch1-to-10 Ending4/7_Rin] [Redikal] compressed

Original Size Win: 2,65 GB
Original Size Mac: 2,77 GB

Compressed Size Win: 718 MB
Tyrant_Quest_Ch.1-to-10_End4_Rin_V1_-_Win_32-compressed.7z: -

Compressed Size Mac: 808 MB
Tyrant_Quest_Ch.1-to-10_End4_Rin_V1_-_MacOS-compressed.7z: -

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tool: UltraFast adult games compressor v0.5 (megalol@f95zone)

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018
Tyrant Quest [Ch1-to-10 Ending4/7_Rin] [Redikal] compressed

Original Size Win: 2,65 GB
Original Size Mac: 2,77 GB

Compressed Size Win: 718 MB
Tyrant_Quest_Ch.1-to-10_End4_Rin_V1_-_Win_32-compressed.7z: Workupload Win -

Compressed Size Mac: 808 MB
Tyrant_Quest_Ch.1-to-10_End4_Rin_V1_-_MacOS-compressed.7z: Workupload Mac -

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tool: UltraFast adult games compressor v0.5 (megalol@f95zone)
PC won't download

• Thinking Face
Reactions: "CJ"

Redikal

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 21, 2018
Tyrant Quest Chapter 10 [Ending5/7_Ancalia] - Public Release:

Links:
  • ~ PC:
  • ~ Mac:
  • ~ Android:
Changelog:
  • Ending of Ancalia.
  • 4 new scenes.
  • Fix for spelling and mistakes on the previous ending.
  • Possible fix for black screen and crashing issues that some users were facing.

vernaugh Let me know if that does the trick for you and fixed the issue you had

Reactions: doujin1
4.10 star(s) 32 Votes