VN Ren'Py UC8 [Development Thread]

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
not that halloweeny, more like steampunk.
it's not for Halloween. It is one of many images of the Craterface and Nugget series that I have playing on TV anytime there is a TV in the background of a scene in UC8...

The image you referred to is where Craterface meets his love interest, Steamantha.

I have posted other images with CF previously...

1696948962246.png

1696948721436.png

1696948785013.png

1696949001131.png

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
  • Haha
Reactions: cxx

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
View attachment 2995217
I am very sorry Sir But (What) ?
I didn't like the fact that in most AVN's, unless the characters are actively watching a movie, where the plot of the movie is important to the plot of the game, if there is a TV in the scene, it just sits on the same image through the whole scene, like for 10 to 20 minutes of time in the game the TV has the exact same image on it.

So to combat this, I came up with a duo team of crimefighting Heroes called Craterface and Nugget that in the Dark Griffin Games universe, are the worlds favorite heroes. Now I use their likeness to make changing scenes for the TV's that are in the background of images in the game. So that for every line or two of game play, the image on the tv changes as if it is actually playing a show.

In the DGG Universe, Craterface and Nugget have had 5 different TV series (that still air but only 2 in current production) and numerous Spin offs, plus a new movie coming out that will show at the UC8.

Craterface and Nugget TV Series:

The Adventures of Craterface and Nugget
Craterface and Nugget- City of Darkness
Craterface and Nugget- Origins
Craterface and Nugget- The Early Years (in Production)
Craterface and Nugget- Graveyard Shift (in Production)

Spin offs:
Nightmare Alley
Steamantha
Razorburn
The Wastes of Eden
After the Fall

Any of these shows may have scenes/images occurring on TV screens in the DGG Universe of games.

The eventual plan is after a number of games to release a short game that is a play through of showing these scenes and actually telling the story behind them.

Here is an ad for Craterface and Nugget- The Early Years
1696951275424.png

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I didn't like the fact that in most AVN's, unless the characters are actively watching a movie, where the plot of the movie is important to the plot of the game, if there is a TV in the scene, it just sits on the same image through the whole scene, like for 10 to 20 minutes of time in the game the TV has the exact same image on it.

So to combat this, I came up with a duo team of crimefighting Heroes called Craterface and Nugget that in the Dark Griffin Games universe, are the worlds favorite heroes. Now I use their likeness to make changing scenes for the TV's that are in the background of images in the game. So that for every line or two of game play, the image on the tv changes as if it is actually playing a show.

In the DGG Universe, Craterface and Nugget have had 5 different TV series (that still air but only 2 in current production) and numerous Spin offs, plus a new movie coming out that will show at the UC8.

Craterface and Nugget TV Series:

The Adventures of Craterface and Nugget
Craterface and Nugget- City of Darkness
Craterface and Nugget- Origins
Craterface and Nugget- The Early Years (in Production)
Craterface and Nugget- Graveyard Shift (in Production)

Spin offs:
Nightmare Alley
Steamantha
Razorburn
The Wastes of Eden
After the Fall

Any of these shows may have scenes/images occurring on TV screens in the DGG Universe of games.

The eventual plan is after a number of games to release a short game that is a play through of showing these scenes and actually telling the story behind them.

Here is an ad for Craterface and Nugget- The Early Years
View attachment 2995243
Thank you very much for explaining , eagerly waiting the release.and waiting MY Beloved Erin

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
1696952516623.png

So, I have one more scene involving numerous small animations to do and then build the gallery and achievements, set up the point tracking system and do the attribution crawler for the credits, and then it will be on to the Beta Testing.

Dshey Aar

Mar 27, 2021
just today i came across this post and have to say i'm positive surprised. what Kazanovaromeo said about the song is imo not to take to heart, there are a lot of great hits (classic and modern) out there, where the sung melodie isn't the same as the instrumental, that is bc in this case, the instrumental is only a background for the voice.
So all in all imo the song is great and you need no other singer to hire

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Hard at it... the Gallery and Achevement systems are both coded and the last few renders and animations are progressing. Here are a few of those renders...

1697427434089.png 1697427471142.png 1697427495741.png

Ok, back to work for me...

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
sorry, posted the wrong pic in that third one. here is the corrected image after som photoshop to fix the clipping on the thumb and hair.

1697467514120.png

Reactions: Elhemeer