how to git gud at this game =
Open cheat engine
select the game exe
click "speedhack"
set to 0.5
enjoy having Quicksilver reflexes.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
So after some experimentation, I think I understand how the combat works.

Aside from base damage being determined by attack and defense, there are "true" strikes and parries/blocks depending on if you use the shield or parrying dagger. Basically, if you click with your mouse just before your attack lands or just before Alice's attack lands, you will hit harder or take less damage / no damage. This works for your basic attack, your head breaker ability, and all of Alice's attacks that aren't quick time events (so it doesn't work for headscissor/facesitting).

So to beat her. You want to lose a few times to get to level 5 (that's the max level, and you'll need the stats). Make sure you buy armor from Herba for every equipment slot and equip it using the equipment tab. Buy plenty of health potions (10 would be safe).

I don't think you can beat Alice without being able to guard and true strike at least a few times so practice that. For weapons I used the spear and parrying dagger instead of a shield. The spear counter attacks her whenever you parry, and the parrying dagger makes it so parried attacks deal no damage which adds up.

For alice's quick time event attacks (headscissor / facesitting), you have to press the key that shows up on screen using your keyboard before the little ring reaches the circle. It's not about timing, just hit it before you run out of time. If you run out of time, you're stuck and there is no getting out. The headscissor will kill you every time. The facesitting wont kill you, but you take a lot of damage and it will ruin your S rank for that attempt.

My fight strategy was to only use basic attacks and drink health potions whenever I was missing at least 100hp. You want to stay as healthy as you can and not waste SP until it's time to burn her. Once she drinks her health potion (around 30%), use your headbreaker ability as much as you can and try to kill her before she beats you. Someone already mentioned it, but if you drink any potion after she drinks hers, she will steal yours. She only does this once, so if you really want to try and drag the fight out, you can trick her by drinking an SP potion, but I found it was easier to just rush her.

Edit: after further experimentation, it seems you can also use your keyboard instead of clicking with the mouse to parry. I only tested the space bar, but other keys might work as well.

Last edited:

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
If you beat her with an S rank, you get her sword, but the dev hasn't added any quests or changes that reflect your victory. I imagine that might be the next stage of development.

qudwls02

Feb 10, 2018
How could you even level up? It needs like over a 30000000 exp and gains like 30exp in one battle. This is impossible.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
how i can be s rank?
S rank requires you to beat her within a certain number of turns, without being hit by any of her quick time attacks, and without using too many items. I don't know the exact values that determine the grades.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
How could you even level up? It needs like over a 30000000 exp and gains like 30exp in one battle. This is impossible.
That sounds like a bug. It only takes a few fights to get to level 5, but I've played every stage of the alpha so it might be that something broke in between for people starting new games.

Reactions: qudwls02

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
damit, its worser than before. fuuuuuck i really liked basically.... shit, delete, curse the world and go on to find another... what a tragedy...

Jjlxtreme

Jan 10, 2018
You simply need to be fast (0.9 sec window for bottom drop and 1.2 sec window for headscissor) , it takes a bit of practice but you will get it in time or get cheat engine and set health value to 999999
how do I set the value of health to 99999

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes