Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v1.8] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 102 Votes

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Screw this buggy pile of shit - it hard-freezes my rig every single time. I have zero problems running absolutely anything else, Unreal 4-based or otherwise, up to and including Star Citizen - and that one's a proper bitch. This one just crashes the hardware to a black screen. Even all the .ini files are empty, except a few lines in engine.ini. Pass...

Jul 7, 2019
Screw this buggy pile of shit - it hard-freezes my rig every single time. I have zero problems running absolutely anything else, Unreal 4-based or otherwise, up to and including Star Citizen - and that one's a proper bitch. This one just crashes the hardware to a black screen. Even all the .ini files are empty, except a few lines in engine.ini. Pass...
While I sympathize with your situation, star citizen doesn't run on unreal 4. Star Citizen uses amazon lumberyard, based off cryengine.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Okay, let me take that back - apologies to all concerned. There's definitely something funny happening right now with my hardware, I also managed to reproduce the crash with some unrelated software. I'll post specifics if and when I manage to get to the bottom of this. For now, again, I'm sorry.

While I sympathize with your situation, star citizen doesn't run on unreal 4. Star Citizen uses amazon lumberyard, based off cryengine.
I know that, but something that can run SC (and, as clearly noted, other UE4 stuff) definitely shouldn't have any problem running absolutely anything in the world. Clearly, as mentioned above, that does not apply to me for some reason anymore...

dudefighter

Jul 9, 2018
Anyone else hope that we get some customization options for the Protagonist once we have a decent amount of content and witches? Like different clothing or hairstyles/haircolor/skincolor and maybe even bodyshapes/penis sizes, but that would probably be hard to implement with the Animations.

Reactions: Shaman Zuma
D

Deleted member 205059

Okay, let me take that back - apologies to all concerned. There's definitely something funny happening right now with my hardware, I also managed to reproduce the crash with some unrelated software. I'll post specifics if and when I manage to get to the bottom of this. For now, again, I'm sorry.

I know that, but something that can run SC (and, as clearly noted, other UE4 stuff) definitely shouldn't have any problem running absolutely anything in the world. Clearly, as mentioned above, that does not apply to me for some reason anymore...
If you want anything fixed, I would suggest giving useable feedback (for example giving system specs, OS Version etc.) and maybe hearing if anyone else with similar settings also has this sort of problem. I follow this topic and should any major issues arise, I'd gladly inform NumericGazer. "Fuck this buggy mess" helps absolutely no one.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
If you want anything fixed, I would suggest giving useable feedback (for example giving system specs, OS Version etc.) and maybe hearing if anyone else with similar settings also has this sort of problem. I follow this topic and should any major issues arise, I'd gladly inform NumericGazer. "Fuck this buggy mess" helps absolutely no one.
I beg your pardon, but exactly which part of "something funny happening right now with my hardware" was too complicated to comprehend...? Mea culpa, I said as much, as for the symptoms: there was nothing else to report beyond "it crashes, hard". Not that anyone would have a reason to care at this point, but some part of re-seating the video card, re-plugging every single power lead and replacing the hardened northbridge/southbridge thermal pads with fresh paste seems to have solved the issue. Possibly, maybe. At least it deigns to start now, and I can't produce the crash with the GPU stress test anymore the way I used to. The default settings are still sufficient to raise the temperature of the entire video card right next to that of the surface of the Sun in mere seconds though (one can clearly feel the "whoosh" simply holding one's hand over the card in the case), which is utterly hilarious for a basically single-model scene, but we're not supposed to skill-shame around here so there's that. Now kindly go and get righteously outraged at someone else who gives a shit, please...

Reactions: darnok231

LazySloth

Sep 15, 2017
hmm.... so just as others have pointed out, the game requires a pretty beefy computer to run. I get around 24-30 fps. I thought it was just video looping like umemaro games but the graphics render in real time and in top of that there's no option to lower the graphics quality, so yeah...

D-R

Jul 3, 2017
hmm.... so just as others have pointed out, the game requires a pretty beefy computer to run. I get around 24-30 fps. I thought it was just video looping like umemaro games but the graphics render in real time and in top of that there's no option to lower the graphics quality, so yeah...
Page 4 - comment #64 ;)

Reactions: LazySloth

zyxxz

Aug 31, 2017
I beg your pardon, but exactly which part of "something funny happening right now with my hardware" was too complicated to comprehend...? Mea culpa, I said as much, as for the symptoms: there was nothing else to report beyond "it crashes, hard". Not that anyone would have a reason to care at this point, but some part of re-seating the video card, re-plugging every single power lead and replacing the hardened northbridge/southbridge thermal pads with fresh paste seems to have solved the issue. Possibly, maybe. At least it deigns to start now, and I can't produce the crash with the GPU stress test anymore the way I used to. The default settings are still sufficient to raise the temperature of the entire video card right next to that of the surface of the Sun in mere seconds though (one can clearly feel the "whoosh" simply holding one's hand over the card in the case), which is utterly hilarious for a basically single-model scene, but we're not supposed to skill-shame around here so there's that. Now kindly go and get righteously outraged at someone else who gives a shit, please...
Clearly you have no idea on how to report graphics related bugs/crashes. One of the basics is to first state your hardware/software specs so that others can help figure out what is wrong. For all we know, you could be running a rig with a 10 year old graphics card that hasn't had a software update in years.

You say it crashes hard, but you don't say anything about what kind of crash it is, where it is crashing (e.g. in the main menu or during the fight etc.), are there any error messages/logs etc.

Your posts don't provide any useful information and it seems all you like to do is to whine.

Nov 23, 2017
i dunno about everyone but the game runs 35-50 fps max settings on my 4 years old gtx 960 4gb which is fine,dont expect to run this game smoothly on anything lower than 750ti

LEWDpyon

Aug 18, 2018
this game so far however I would like a request button akin to monster girl quest or Tower of Trample. I would also want a way to optimize the game for less powerful PCs

Edit: I thanks to reading the forums I have found a way to optimize the game however the fact that I need to dig deep to optimize the game is not efficient. This ended up making battles near impossible since my character has decided to endlessly run or stop running while not executing my attack

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 205059

this game so far however I would like a request button akin to monster girl quest or Tower of Trample. I would also want a way to optimize the game for less powerful PCs

Edit: I thanks to reading the forums I have found a way to optimize the game however the fact that I need to dig deep to optimize the game is not efficient. This ended up making battles near impossible since my character has decided to endlessly run or stop running while not executing my attack
Graphics Settings and a 32 bit version were added in 0.1.1 - can you confirm that these didn't help?

LEWDpyon

Aug 18, 2018
Graphics Settings and a 32 bit version were added in 0.1.1 - can you confirm that these didn't help?
dude this forum only has version 0.1.0 so where am I supposed to get the new improved version? The 0.1.0 version does not have this setting you described I used a method that was discovered by another user a few pages ago.

edit: I learned that even setting 1 of the data values to 0 for some reason prevents actions from finishing while Dealer's animations just have a lag to them

on a more positive note, will try to send proof that animations refuse to work though I am kind of new to filming gameplay footage

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 102 Votes