Collection Unreal Engine Under the Witch [v2024-08-09] [NumericGazer]

3.90 star(s) 110 Votes

Zekapa

May 29, 2017
Congratulations.

I'm sure you and the other fellow are feeling extremely smug, and yet your post manages to nail the single one thing that was universally understood - that Gothic is the new chapter. Still no differentation, rhyme, reasoning, to the existence of Hero's Journey, Steam 1.8 and Alpha 0.2.0 and/or their differences. Points for seemingly mentioning that Hero's Journey and "Steam 1.8 + patched" (what patch?) are, apparently, the same.

There's still 0.2.0 missing, and the fact that there's still all three of them in the OP. What's the point to three links to three versions if they're the same, then, smuggo?

That's all I asked for originally: Hey, there's a ton of versions - I understand Gothic is the new one, so then what's the deal with these three versions that have no apparent distinction between them?

Again, I do understand that "wow this guy asks for help and then responds like this" is a very valid feeling to have, but these are some worse-than-2004-"lurk moar ecks dee XD newf**" responses.

Really. Either tell people to piss off entirely, ignore them, or answer properly. These responses are arguably neither, and yet they're apparently enablers of self-satisfaction, I guess.

Reactions: balrod18

Syybeat

Feb 27, 2018
are we all referring to the same thing here? because i want to see this scene now
Press B to autolevel and defeat Kuro in your first fight.
But for anyone who's too lazy, I recorded the victory blowjob scene: ,
(both sites allow preview without downloading)

Last edited:

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
Congratulations.

I'm sure you and the other fellow are feeling extremely smug, and yet your post manages to nail the single one thing that was universally understood - that Gothic is the new chapter. Still no differentation, rhyme, reasoning, to the existence of Hero's Journey, Steam 1.8 and Alpha 0.2.0 and/or their differences. Points for seemingly mentioning that Hero's Journey and "Steam 1.8 + patched" (what patch?) are, apparently, the same.

There's still 0.2.0 missing, and the fact that there's still all three of them in the OP. What's the point to three links to three versions if they're the same, then, smuggo?

That's all I asked for originally: Hey, there's a ton of versions - I understand Gothic is the new one, so then what's the deal with these three versions that have no apparent distinction between them?

Again, I do understand that "wow this guy asks for help and then responds like this" is a very valid feeling to have, but these are some worse-than-2004-"lurk moar ecks dee XD newf**" responses.

Really. Either tell people to piss off entirely, ignore them, or answer properly. These responses are arguably neither, and yet they're apparently enablers of self-satisfaction, I guess.
idk, buddy. i feel like you're assuming alot of things about people you don't know, and that you're rather insulting and passive-aggressive for someone who is asking for help. perhaps you shoud work on that.
personally? (since i'm apparently the "asinine" "other fellow")- i have no bloody clue why the versioning is such a mess or what the precise differences are. i just came back to this game/series after a year or three, checked the changelog, noticed that there is a seperate download not tied to the previous sister stuff, and then knew what to download. i merely pointed a group of (potentially just lazy) people in the right direction.

Randomamigo

Jun 23, 2020
Congratulations.

Can you tell me the difference between the 3 download options on the main page? Why are there 3 ? They are different versions ?

Reactions: naizijuruyyds

Fantastic_Linch

Mar 1, 2021
Can you tell me the difference between the 3 download options on the main page? Why are there 3 ? They are different versions ?
Not like different versions, i suggest you to know that these games are collections. So the first one is the begining of the story, second one is a continue (story with mc's sister), the last one is WIP and a brand new storyline.

Reactions: skinnyj69

Kookie_Ki

Aug 24, 2020
Need some help after a power outage I had game won't load back up for me. I was going to try to repair or uninstall a few things but I'm asking before I do a mistake. (I open the game and on black screen it force closes on me)

Edit: Nevermind I found the issue. My save files got corrupted

Last edited:

Syybeat

Feb 27, 2018
The main download is the Steam version which is censored due to rules.
The Steam + patched does what it says.
The v0.2.0 αVer11 is basically the same, but is a lot less grindy.
Gothic is the new chapter with better models.

zendight

Formerly 'ati1082'
Dec 12, 2018
feels like this game (or series, i suppose) is not really going anywhere. the first game with dealer seemed like a decent proof of concept, but years later we are now in the third iteration of... not much more than a fancy tech demo. the stuff looks amazing, don't get me wrong, but does anyone expect that we'll ever get to see all those different witches Kuro is talking about? cause i don't really see it happening.
Aside from the fact that this demo has only "3" scenes, people kind of forget that these 3 scenes have nearly 5-6 scenes included in each. For further elaboration, when Bo Wei releases something as a 1.0. It usually consists of 3 exact scenes with jpgs in it. For a project with this amount of production value, I think Numeric did a pretty good job so far with lots of different POVs and positions on scenes and hell I am so hopeful now if they release it with this schedule.

Not gonna lie, I was sure we were going to have our first tech demo by december or something. New mechanics being showcased, UE5 adapted graphics showcased, main story premise showcased. This was what I was expecting up to this point. If I have to criticize anything about the progress so far it would only be a constructive one. Which I am sure there are things there and there to say. But as I've said I think panning his/her schedule or speed would be rather harsh at his point.

shy2052

Jul 16, 2018
So I would rephrase - Could anyone please enlighten me regarding the differences between these versions? It is not immediately, entirely, or rather at all, obvious, as to why there are four download links for what is apparently a "finished" game + the new "chapter" of it.
NumericGazer made v0.1.0 in about 2019, in which MC can only battle with a witch named Dealer. Then them updated it to v0.1.2 with a few new scenes.

Then after a long wait, them released v0.2.0 in about 2021, in which MC can battle with his young sister, and a witch named Herba.

Later them decide to call the v0.1.0 things EPISODE 0, the v0.2.0 things EPISODE 1, and put them together to a game called "UTW_Beginnings 1.0" (or 1.2?) . It got some small updates and version come to v1.6, then them decide to release this game to Steam in 2022, naming "Hero's Journey". And some fixes to make the version to v1.8.

After 2 years, the game got new alpha version called "Gothic Kuro's Room v0.1.0", only 3-4 scenes included, hopefully more coming the next month.

TL;DR:
Download v1.8, play EPISODE 0 and EPISODE 1.
Ignore v0.2.0 αVer11.
Download KurosRoom v0.1.0, play some alpha scenes.

Last edited:

LEWDpyon

Aug 18, 2018
Congratulations.

Someone: asks question

Person: answers

Someone else: asks similar question some time later

There comes a point where you should probably look around a thread especially with very recent updates before asking a question. There's at least a 85% chance that it has been already answered. Instead of getting that pissed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geokox and 912BHi
Mar 31, 2024
So, after reading the last few pages. I see there is a lot of banter on the different versions. So, for someone who is starting the game for the first time, what version would you recommend a beginner to play? regular download, 1.8 + patch or alpha .2.0? I would prefer the version that has all the content put together. but I am assuming the gothic version needs to be added seperately.

Gengu

May 11, 2017
Apart from my hero keep spinning 360 slowly and my GPU sounds like a jet engine. the animation is top notch as ever especially blowjob scene.

Reactions: {0__0} and wazxy
3.90 star(s) 110 Votes