Ren'Py Under Your Spell [v0.1.3p] [Shady Characters]

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

torohror

Nov 13, 2023
english, russian language check. Game inspired by Harry Potter check. European dev check. Well, Sir, it seems like the documents are all here, would you just like to inform us when you decide to abandon this game?

• Haha
Reactions: Ogre

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
Seems the classes each have a secondary stat they can increase at a lower rate to their primary stat. Seems to only occur if the secondary stat is high enough. Haven't tested them all, but so far:
Potions/herbology (can't remember) - intelligence
Enchanting - imagination
Beastology - imagination

Also, appeal as of 0.1.3p seems to deteriorate the easiest. At around 40+, missing a day of mingling leads to losing 1 appeal. Might be a bug?

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
Seems the classes each have a secondary stat they can increase at a lower rate to their primary stat. Seems to only occur if the secondary stat is high enough. Haven't tested them all, but so far:
Potions/herbology (can't remember) - intelligence
Enchanting - imagination
Beastology - imagination

Also, appeal as of 0.1.3p seems to deteriorate the easiest. At around 40+, missing a day of mingling leads to losing 1 appeal. Might be a bug?
Yes, it is a bug. The game was not considering classes when calculating appeal (and partially knowledge) deterioration. Already fixed in backer alpha-version. Will come here eventually

ewery52

May 26, 2018
Should I focus on one or 2 stats or try to improve them all? I focused hard on improving them all and got them all to 24 and prowess to 25. Now I am at the first trial and I got locked at the two doors. All of the options do nothing. What can I do now?

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
Should I focus on one or 2 stats or try to improve them all? I focused hard on improving them all and got them all to 24 and prowess to 25. Now I am at the first trial and I got locked at the two doors. All of the options do nothing. What can I do now?
The dev recommended focusing on 2-3 stats. The choice success rate for the doors depends on high stats plus random chance, example it took three attempts on the knowledge check even though my Knowledge was at 55, while it took 15 attempts on the prowess check because my Prowess was at 5 and I got really lucky.

Donutmaester

Dec 31, 2020
For anyone wondering why I did the prowess check, even with the stat being so low, I just wanted to check if it was possible and see how the game system mechanics worked. (RNG, Dice Roll, etc.).

Privitarium

Oct 25, 2017
Also, having attempted a prowess/imagination run as well as a imagination/appeal/intelligence, new options are opened up with high enough stats, and prowess changes the description of how easily you traverse between some door(might affect time taken).

As for events, I've only strictly tested for imagination so far, but it seems events for the first four girls are unlocked at 25, 40, and 65 of their preferred stat (might have gotten the last two numbers wrong, it's been a rough week). However, I also stumbled into a scene involving a girl during the dueling class (don't know what conditions are to see it if any), so there may be other similar events in-game already.

Edit: realised this is almost certainly not absolutely true, as I have yet to encounter the yellow house girl even though I mingled at 40 appeal.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes