Ren'Py Under Your Spell [v0.1.7p] [Shady Characters]

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
Also, technically, it is 22 unique tasks, since there are 5 unique "Work" tasks, and "Visit town" can be considered as two possible activities depending on how you look at it.
a more extreme example is "long live the queen" has 42 task and you can only do 2 a week over the coarse of 40 weeks

while a more balanced example would be something like true love 95

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
a more extreme example is "long live the queen" has 42 task and you can only do 2 a week over the coarse of 40 weeks

while a more balanced example would be something like true love 95
Well, yeah, True Love 95 definitely has a more modest choice of actions. It does only have 2,28 slots per day though (since you cannot change "school" 5 days out of seven), and they had a lot of limitations being such a small game and you having much less in-game time to explore each action. I bet they would add more a bit variety if they had the means.

Last edited:

Dwarin

Jul 3, 2018
Any advice that people have?

Feel a bit lost about what I should be doing or focusing on.

Don't really want a walkthrough or a quest system, but maybe some in-game hints in the form of overheard conversations that other students are having in the halls between classes.

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
Any advice that people have?

Feel a bit lost about what I should be doing or focusing on.

Don't really want a walkthrough or a quest system, but maybe some in-game hints in the form of overheard conversations that other students are having in the halls between classes.
You know what? That's actually not a completely bad idea! I will think about whether it can be implemented and how.

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Love the art, though the fact there's no sex in the previews is never a great sign.

What proportion of this is story compared to smut?

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
You know what? That's actually not a completely bad idea! I will think about whether it can be implemented and how.
some subtle hints about which skills MC should be working on by week 2 leading up to the first trial would be great. It's clear just before the trial that knowledge will be very important, but that convo comes very late currently.

Reactions: Dwarin

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
some subtle hints about which skills MC should be working on by week 2 leading up to the first trial would be great. It's clear just before the trial that knowledge will be very important, but that convo comes very late currently.
Yeah, that's by design. I really don't want everyone to just train for the first trial, and by telling what it focuses on early I would be pushing players into a certain build

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
It's a great sign, if you ask me. There's too many games here that show tits in the first 30 seconds.
I don't mean that. Rather, if there's no sex in the previews, that usually means there's minimal or no sex in the game itself.

There's also something to be said for a very early sex scene, even in otherwise "Slow Burn" stuff. You want to put an example of the point at the very front, after all. Action novels should start with a good action scene, drama novels need to get you immediately invested in the characters, and erotica needs to immediately show off how good the author is at writing arousing smut.

Dwarin

Jul 3, 2018
There's also something to be said for a very early sex scene, even in otherwise "Slow Burn" stuff. You want to put an example of the point at the very front, after all. Action novels should start with a good action scene, drama novels need to get you immediately invested in the characters, and erotica needs to immediately show off how good the author is at writing arousing smut.
Tend to agree. It could be just the main character fantasizing, or a dream sequence, but a taste of what the author has in mind for later. The way the game intends to include / depict the smutty bits and the quality they are shooting for is a good thing to include early on to give us an idea of what to expect later as the story progresses to that point.

This could literally be in the intro prologue even, the MC fantasizing about the different girls at the school and the things they could do if they were his girl friend, and then the ritual happens, etc.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
Changes in v. 0.1.6p:
New content:

- The Trial of Mind finished
- Added a new event during Enchantment class
- Added artwork to broom-racing event
- Added artwork for Lily's introduction scene in House Talamhdan
- Added sprites for Hope, the pub owner

- Reworked how History tab works. Can now be opened and closed by mouse wheel

- (Fix) Lowered requirements for Lily's second event trigger

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Quick updates so far. Especially for a game that's hand-drawn with good artistic style. I'm sure that'll slow down a bunch as paths inevitably vary further into development. Always does. But so-far impressive turn-around times.

Reactions: Shady Character 1

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I see from the previews Lily got the Indomitable sweater titties that even the bulkiest of frumpy modesty clothing can't contain. Which class path is she on?

TechnoParagon

Mar 16, 2022
The art style looks really promising! I’m excited to see how this turns out. I’ll give it a try later!

Loreth08

Jul 19, 2022
VERY Important question:
Is Professor Gallagher an option or will be an option in the future?
Or is it just the main 4 from the houses?
Cuz hey, the spell did not specifically state that the girlfriend in question should be around our age.

Bringbigdick

May 1, 2017
First Look:

Good Art Style - Reminds me of a time where games where nice to play and had the looks to it

Interesting Story to begin with but not the typical "Harry Potter yes we know the drill style"

And and now for the best part - NO AICG !!!!

We will watch your career with great interest.

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes