Ren'Py Under Your Spell [v0.1.7p] [Shady Characters]

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I see from the previews Lily got the Indomitable sweater titties that even the bulkiest of frumpy modesty clothing can't contain. Which class path is she on?
Answered own question. She's all over the place. With an easier path if you're also in that Merchant class. Enchantment, Dueling Training, Exploring, being sociable in the cafeteria/lounge or whatever it's called in-game. Just no-where that'll help you beat the first trial, unfortunately. She requires high imagination and appeal, which are otherwise barely useful at this point. I'm unsure if you can just avoid that training and those character-necessary skills earlier in the game & then catch up skill-points to do well with that character later. But you're not going to pass the first trial or possibly your first week of tests if you focus on her.

Anyone figured out Luck yet, other than selecting the trait? I assume it's Divination though the class specifically says it will not focus on that.

wowdank2

Oct 18, 2019
Bit grindy, missing links to bg's but expected from the state of the game. Would like an indicator that would show up on a stat or a button that would indicate that there's a possibility for a new cg since right now you're just guessing and grinding stats.

I would say that the biggest strength of this game is it's art so keep at it. I think the stakes are fine as is, but the hook is quite weak so needs more smaller hooks throughout the game because grinding stats and hunting for scenes gets repetitive. Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 12.57.48.png

Also if you're a solodev and need help with bg's ask around in the gamedev section of f95 for help it would speed up the process.

Reactions: Shady Character 1

gazz84

Aug 30, 2020
well i went all in prowess and spell power, saw Gewn twice, and she is like i'll train you and never saw her again.
and failed everything else seems to be a waste of time

Shady Character 1

Game Developer
Apr 6, 2024
Bit grindy, missing links to bg's but expected from the state of the game. Would like an indicator that would show up on a stat or a button that would indicate that there's a possibility for a new cg since right now you're just guessing and grinding stats.

I would say that the biggest strength of this game is it's art so keep at it. I think the stakes are fine as is, but the hook is quite weak so needs more smaller hooks throughout the game because grinding stats and hunting for scenes gets repetitive. View attachment 4098040

Also if you're a solodev and need help with bg's ask around in the gamedev section of f95 for help it would speed up the process.
I actually already started adding a couple of additional hooks with potential "rival" events, to give the player a reason to pursue specific stats. Good to know it is actually something that other find necessary

wowdank2

Oct 18, 2019
I actually already started adding a couple of additional hooks with potential "rival" events, to give the player a reason to pursue specific stats. Good to know it is actually something that other find necessary
Good because as you are "Grinding" a specific stat atm you're just guessing that it will give you an advancement or a cg of some sort but if you reach the end of the game and get nothing it kind of feels empty and like you've wasted your time. It feels like you're blind grasping - but don't know which way to go even if you have a potential goal in mind.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Is it mine or the game's fault that I encounter zero romance in this entire game before the demo ends??
Focus on boosting one or two stats alone. Easy enough to do two. No lewds yet, but there are already several girls' paths in the game you can have 1st, 2nd and maybe 3rd encounters with, depending on stats and the school you're in.

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
Shady Character 1

Platform: PC
Game Version: v0.1.7p
Day 2, start of day,
Code:
While running game code:
  File "game/classes.rpy", line 351, in <module>
NameError: name 'newmoon' is not defined
Can be ignored, but annoying to have it appear none the less.

Edit: caught up with the thread. This is apparently still a problem with divination since yes, I went with divination on day 1. It seemed like a good path for finding that which I'm seeking.

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 9 Votes