Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
can't find the picture..
i already use the japanesse locale method and extract them all,
but still have the error..
can someone share the file?
please..
Even though you say that, yet still... You actualy failed to "use the japanese locale method". Those files were not ectracted correctly.

Please dude, read through the thread, like a third of it was about how to fix the issue you are having. :)

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
Even though you say that, yet still... You actualy failed to "use the japanese locale method". Those files were not ectracted correctly.

Please dude, read through the thread, like a third of it was about how to fix the issue you are having. :)
You did forget to mention something important, though;

The Japanese characters in the filenames in that zip are garbled because that zip wasn't compressed in Japanese locale. This causes problems because this will garble filenames during compression, and while the more recent versions of WinRAR can fix that (as Drace has shown), a lot of other programs (like 7zip via applocale) can't. Older versions of WinRAR won't work either, as I just found out.

Things like 7zip in Japanese locale usually work perfectly. Except in cases like this. That's why liavilia and others got stuck here.

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
You did forget to mention something important, though;

The Japanese characters in the filenames in that zip are garbled because that zip wasn't compressed in Japanese locale. This causes problems because this will garble filenames during compression, and while the more recent versions of WinRAR can fix that (as Drace has shown), a lot of other programs (like 7zip via applocale) can't. Older versions of WinRAR won't work either, as I just found out.

Things like 7zip in Japanese locale usually work perfectly. Except in cases like this. That's why liavilia and others got stuck here.
What a load of crock. I can assure you my computer is in Japanese locale at all times.
Do you wish to join my exclusive Japanese Locale club too?
You can be the 19th member. liavilia and others having the same problem are part of the club too. ;)
Screenshot (427).png

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
What a load of crock. I can assure you my computer is in Japanese locale at all times.
OK, then - but did you make the zip you've uploaded, or did you download it from somewhere else?

You could still get this kind of problem if you didn't make this compression yourself.

If that isn't the problem here, them I'm wrong and I'll apologize. Look, I'm trying to accuse you or anything, but I've run into problems like this in the past, and it was always due to a mistake while making a zip or a rar. (as in, yes, I used to screw up a lot when making my own archives...)

Do you wish to join my exclusive Japanese Locale club too?
You can be the 19th member. liavilia and others having the same problem are part of the club too. ;)
View attachment 299553
Ha! I no longer qualify, I'm affraid. My previous pc was running in Japanese locale, but that was years ago.

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
OK, then - but did you make the zip you've uploaded, or did you download it from somewhere else?

You could still get this kind of problem if you didn't make this compression yourself.

If that isn't the problem here, them I'm wrong and I'll apologize. Look, I'm trying to accuse you or anything, but I've run into problems like this in the past, and it was always due to a mistake while making a zip or a rar. (as in, yes, I used to screw up a lot when making my own archives...)

Ha! I no longer qualify, I'm affraid. My previous pc was running in Japanese locale, but that was years ago.
Well good to hear that you are well qualified to run Japanese Locale on your PC.

Yes, I did the compression myself. Basically, I applied translation patch on the original Japanese game and then compress it.

Reactions: Lunarius

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so now that we have about three pages of troubleshooting out of the way, would anyone be able to post a review or some details about this game other than "kill stuff as the girl you see in the OP"? Is this game worth playing? What are the scenes typically like? The description for the game is pretty barebones and the screenshots are all in Japanese so it's pretty hard to tell if this one is worth playing or not.

Thanks in advance if anyone can tell us what they thought of the game.

Barbie

Aug 17, 2017
If you want a trick to extracting archives with japanese filenames that aren't getting extracted properly. (without having to change your system locale)

If you press ctrl+e in winrar you can choose japanese as the language of the archive.

See how the text file is all giberish by default, it should appear properly after you select japanese

should extract properly after that and the game will work
Out of everyone on this page bickering, arguing and not understanding that things were not working or that they did not know; you actually helped people! It worked, thank you! Love you much!

Nafnlaus

Nov 29, 2019
The filenames are only a problem because you archived the game using software that isn't UTF-8 aware. It's blindly encoding filenames in ANSI, turning Japanese into gibberish unless you force it back to UTF-8 using a Locale Emulator.

If you compress the game using 7-Zip (even as a .zip, it has nothing to do with the file format) it will use UTF-8 where necessary and avoid this problem entirely.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote