VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Unexpected [v0.5 Ep. 2 - Part 2] [XPECTED]

1. 3.00 star(s)

caravaggio

Very average game so far. Story might be interesting, renders are good, the UI is nice. The writing though it's pretty bad, most of the times characters shout each other exposition, too much of it, that's overwhelming and boring, they often laugh like someone made a joke, except no one did, that's creepy. There are a lot of useless transitions like "5 minutes later", "10 minutes later" when the time jump is so short I guess there's no really need to point it out, I guess this relate to how the dev deals with exposition.. the characters so far are not very interesting or well written, there's the caricatural Frankie, which I think is always a cheap and lazy choice. Another lazy choice is the fact that we can read the other characters thoughts, again see the laziest way to deal with exposition. Lastly characters facial expressions really fail to deliver emotions, another thing that can improve. Anyway I hope it gets better.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

PunkHooligan

v. 0.1.1

While story itself is okay, the writing is the most weak spot of the game. I'm helluva sure it's the first project of the writer. The text sometimes very plain and even boring. There was a part, where I thought I'm going to die if I won't close the game asap. Jokes aside, I almost felt asleep in the mid of the night. It was shit tonn of Q&A with Noora at her place. Honestly, the topic, the dialogue, everything was very bad at this part. Plus, text overload.

I don't want to offend anybody. I'm saying this because I want this game to be better. The potential is great, seriously, but writing needs huge improvement. I'm not saying "I'm 100% right, I know how you should do your work to make things great !". NO. I'm just saying, play it by yourselves guys and keep and eye on the feedback from review section and Patrons.

Renders and animations are good.
    The most thing I liked so far - scene with Shay. Even tho she's a bit not my type, this was SO FCKN HOT ! That transition from calm conversation to sex fucking with dirty talk. "Additional part" of the scene, when some1 was nearby. This is how you make sex scenes in adult games. I applaud you. One small "but": presence of "Anal" button and no possibility. Every time I see this in the games, a small part of me die inside :D
    While I'm a fan of spontaneous action, second scene left weird "aftertaste". While we can easily guess who that woman is, no hint was given, for example "your daughter is sleeping next door". It was just like "oh, it's you, ok, let's have sex".

Good luck with development !

2.5/5
  3. 3.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

The dev has development skills. The game play and renders are really well done; my only negative with the renders is the scene blocking. A lot of the same images back and forth through endless dialogue.

And there is a ton of dialogue. Way too much exposition and even the intro was too long. Plus, I could not stand talking to Noora and the conversations with her just go on and on and on. I kept trying to ditch her but the MC kept going back to her.

I gave it three stars because the dev has some serious skills. Let's hope the story gets better.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Alteni

Excellent Game ! recommended (y)

Gameplay : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Story : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Spelling : ✭✭✭✰✰
    renders : ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animations: ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potential : ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Graphic - ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note : this game will be one of the best games this years , all the best to the developer.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

I_Only_Support_Real_Onez

As of now i have it at a 3.5/5 had to round up to 4. The renders and animation are 5/5 the shay scene was hot as fuck. Im a fan of slow burn heavy plot games with some sex mixed in which this surely is.... my only gripes are the story gets confusing because of the writing. They mix up him/her he/she a lot during the conversations. If the dev could poilsh up the writing this could be up there with the big names on this site because of the plot and how gorgeous the renders and animations are .
  6. 4.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

More of a 3.5 but I'll round for the benefit of the dev

As far as animations and renders go, it's well above average. All look pretty smooth and nicely executed

But, as you probably deduced from the other reviews, this game has A LOT of dialogue....and when I mean A LOT , I mean mind-numbing. It's nice that the dev seems to place more emphasis on plot building while trying to balance sexual content but right now....it's more of a 4:1 in terms of dialogue to sexual content.

Instead of describing more about the general situation, the dev added excessive amounts of dialogue in what I would assume is an attempt to try and make it less about narration and more about character interaction. I applaud the effort but it quickly became tedious to try to digest all the information

As for the story itself, it's still pretty unclear as to what exactly is going on....or my brain might have been too dulled by all the dialogue to remember what it was. We're just kind of being thrust into the lives of the characters without much backstory and we have to fill in the bits and pieces ourselves.

All that said, I can still appreciate the effort when I see it and enjoy the visual aspects of the game. Looking forward to future updates
  7. 5.00 star(s)

dothetrump

Great renders and animations. Love all the characters so far, especially Noora and Shay, the chick with tats. Some of the best looking characters I have seen in a while for newer releases. Quite a good amount of content for a 0.1.0 release. I look forward to the future updates and hope they come quickly.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Darklord1234

I just couldn't deal with the ridiculous amount of "story" right from the get go. Not always clear who is speaking for one. I'm just gonna apologize now cuz this might feel harsh but the story is just sooo clunky. The english isn't technically wrong per se, just very inelegant. So much clicking thru text made me annoyed enough to give this review. Dev needs to find a better way to convey his story and the huge semi-confusing info dump at the beginning just made me go ugh. I'm sorry but imo the "story" is just overwrought melodramatic garbage currently. Basically it is a case of too much "tryhard". And it fails on all fronts due to that. I'll admit I didn't even finish the game in its current build. Why? Didn't have any desire to continue what was a glacial pace of unloading info that I feel nothing for. Like so much "story", and the whole time I'm clicking thru like "yeah, had enough of this already. can we please get to something where I can actually DO something". Imo it just feels bloated and uninteresting at this point and definitely doesn't feel like much of a game.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Before I Forget

At best this game is a 3.5 stars out of what I've seen, but I rounded up because it think it can be much better.

Gameplay:

While I don't care for this particular UI it was smooth, no bugs or issues that I know of.

Story:

The narration was confusing at first I had to read it twice to understand what was going on, but once I settled into the story everything was fine. The game is a reader, if you're planning on just sex scene after another, then you won't enjoy this, but for story driven people you may want to check this out. The dialogue could use a touch up, especially early on there were times where I was a bit lost, nothing that can't be fixed.

Renders:

Looks pretty solid, no complaints there.

Animation: Impressive enough to fap too, very well done.

The dialogue is my main gripe, if there's a great story here you wanna make sure your proofreading and English is top notch.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Saint Blackmoor

Enjoyed the game. a huge improvement from the demo.
    The prologue is interesting, using different NPC's to ask questions and explain some things.
    The dialogue is easier to understand this time.
    Some confusion about who is who.
    the game has a good art style and animation. would have liked to have more context for each character.
    the story is reasonably interesting.
    The Dev will keep improving the game I think.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Kinky Bully

Wow!! This game is impressive for the initial release[0.1.0]. The girls look very hot. The story is very damn interesting and very detailed. The renders and arts are amazing. This might be another masterpiece.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Elasstommer

The renders in this game are amazing. The music and sound combine with the style of the narrative to convey a sense of danger and impending doom. Some commenters have complained about the overall tone of the text, but I think that is a stylistic choice of the writer. Overall, this is a really impressive game. (Disclaimer: I do the proofreading on this game)